Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pistol Collector

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: St.Peter Port.or St Malo France.or Portsmouth UK,Guernsey .. located in English Channel
Default Pistol Collector

I was 9 years old when WW2 ended,May 9th 1945 is our liberation day,the Nazis gave up and left all their equipment lying around.I had an old bike with a 2 wheeled trailer on the back,I went to all the places the German officers lived & helped myself to whatever was there. My first find was a Polish Radom 9mm with the Polish crest on the slide,how I wish I still had that one.2nd & third was a Sauer M38 & a Mauser 1910 both in 32acp.The M38 I still have.In 3 days I aquired 114 in total including 2 MP 40s.Most of the 9mm ammo was in boxes of 16 rds with blue identity labels. All the kids had guns by the end of the first week,nobody ever got shot,we all knew we had to be careful & responsable even at that age.There has only been 2 shootings here since 1945.Under our laws we can own as many guns as we like as long as they are locked in secure gun safes,but you can only buy & use your ammo at approved ranges,apart from shotguns,you can keep upto 1000 rds at home.Although we are a British Crown Dependency we are not part of the UK so do not have to follow their strict rules,& I do hope that you all in the USA never have to give up on your freedoms as the Brits have had to do.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #2

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Sounds like some nice weapons you got. May one ask what country you live in?

My youngest son and I like collecting WW2 weapons.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #3

Location: St.Peter Port.or St Malo France.or Portsmouth UK,Guernsey .. located in English Channel
Default Pistol Collector reply

Hope you received my info message sent 11.45 06.06.08

Old 06-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #4

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Yes I received your message and your email, thank you very much for responding. I also sent you a message and a email back I hope you got them