Pick up your trash when you shoot!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pick up your trash when you shoot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Pick up your trash when you shoot!

I think most of us have seen places where shooters have trashed the area. They use things like glass containers as targets and leave all kinds of junk behind, such as appliances, computer equipment, televisions, furniture, etc. Instead of taking this stuff to the local landfill or recycling station I guess some folks just figure it is easier to shoot holes in it and leave it laying somewhere.

It is this kind of behavior that keeps getting shooters kicked out of public areas. Any reasonably intelligent, caring and self-respecting person would not do this kind of thing. Us target shooters who do have the decency to clean up after ourselves are getting tired of seeing the lazy dumb slob types ruin this activity for all of us. The slob shooters are an embarrassment to gun owners! They set a bad example for young people who are supposed to be learning to shoot.

If you shoot on public lands, please clean up after yourself.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #2

Liked 717 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Amen to that.
I often take my 45 gallon trash can down to the local "gun range" and fill it with trash.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

+1 we have had such a problem with trash and brass at our club that we no longer stock Target stands at the range and we will now be charging a fee to use the range and we are installing cameras. It's disrespectful, expensive, and pisses me off to no end. I should not have to pay extra money because a couple of asshats can't operate a broom and think shooting a tv is funny. Next person I see trashing my range is gonna get my boot in their teeth.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Just remember violence is not the answer but it sure does make u feel better

Old 03-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Agree absolutely

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #6

From now on if I see someone trashing an area I will get their license plate number and report them. The people who trash the shooting areas are making things difficult for the rest of us and I don't have any sympathy for them.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #7

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Trashy people are trashy people. Doesn't have to be gun people. I think the same thing when I'm at the lake and see people throw trash in the water. Or trash fly out someone's window who is driving down the road. Or hell, even driving by somebody's house. The only exception is if they live in the country. You wanna park the '72 frigidaire on your front lawn, and you don't have neighbors, or the neighbors are just like you, then knock yourself out. But if you live in a neighborhood, have some respect for your neighbors for goodness sake!!!!

Sorry for the rant.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Trashy people are trashy people. Doesn't have to be gun people. I think the same thing when I'm at the lake and see people throw trash in the water. Or trash fly out someone's window who is driving down the road. Or hell, even driving by somebody's house. The only exception is if they live in the country. You wanna park the '72 frigidaire on your front lawn, and you don't have neighbors, or the neighbors are just like you, then knock yourself out. But if you live in a neighborhood, have some respect for your neighbors for goodness sake!!!!

Sorry for the rant.
Yep, I think we're talking about the same people.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #9

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I was a salesman & consequently made use of just about every public rest stop in east Texas, at one time or another. Hard to believe how trashy people can be. I often wondered if their house looks the same. No doubt, they are also big complainers about high taxes.

Even worse, rest rooms at the businesses I called on would often look like a tornado hit them. Then they turn around & complain about no raises!

I've also called on businesses who banned smoking on their premises for the sole reason that smokers would throw their cigarette butts on the ground, rather than in the ash can which they were standing beside!

I sometimes think that human beings are a sorry lot. Even animals don't trash up their nests/dens like humans do.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #10

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 788

I dont mind people leaving their trash... I always come home with a bunch of alum. cans and brass.. that I just take for the scrap.. Its like people are leaving money on the ground!!