Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   PETA takes on McDonalds (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/peta-takes-mcdonalds-16574/)

Shotgun Shooter 08-05-2009 10:38 PM

PETA takes on McDonalds

PETA Takes On McDonald's | McCruelty.com

PETA seems to be a little bored, eh? Noone to push their beliefs on now. So, they go for a nationwide fast food joint.

S.S.

dunerunner 08-05-2009 11:14 PM

Should be able to get that tofu burger by the end of the week!!

Wait!! I didn't know those cardboard burgers had meat in them so PETA must be pissed about the Fish fillet and Chicken nuggets!

skullcrusher 08-06-2009 12:06 AM

They have a long history of anti-fast food.

A better link on their site is the business partners list.

PETA Business Friends

Never patronize these companies.

fapprez 08-06-2009 12:11 AM

I used to be a member of PETA. I did some small activism work for them. They just started getting to out there for me to belong to the org. any longer. Don't get me wrong, I still truly believe that cruelty to animals is an abomination, but whne they started politicing to eradicate the American Pit Bull Terrier and went after fisherman and hunters who were doing so for food, not sport, I had to draw the line. Let the flaming commence.

skullcrusher 08-06-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fapprez (Post 140071)
I used to be a member of PETA. I did some small activism work for them. They just started getting to out there for me to belong to the org. any longer. Don't get me wrong, I still truly believe that cruelty to animals is an abomination, but whne they started politicing to eradicate the American Pit Bull Terrier and went after fisherman and hunters who were doing so for food, not sport, I had to draw the line. Let the flaming commence.

I agree with the no cruelty part. There are some good organizations out there that are not PETA!!!

The thing about hunting, animal farming and PETA.

1. Culling the herds makes for healthier animals and less disease.

2. Is it better for an animal to be shot dead in 1 shot or for that same animal to starve to death because of overpopulation?

3. Hunters eat the meat and use the bones and hides, thus giving back some of what was put on the earth for the survival of humans.

4. Whole ecosystems are destroyed when a field of soy beans is harvested. Animals (snakes, turtles, field mice, moles, rabbits, etc.) and insects are killed by the harvesting machinery.

5. PETA is a domestic terrorist organization.

Shotgun Shooter 08-06-2009 01:26 AM

I'm not a fan of animal cruelity by any means, PETA just pops up where its not necessary. If they went after Michael Vick, I'm alright with that. Thats when that organization should pop up.

S.S.

cpttango30 08-06-2009 01:49 AM

I don't care either way. Let peta put them out of business. I know if all the fast food places closed up I would be a lot skinnier. LOL I am so addicted to fast food.

Dillinger 08-06-2009 01:55 AM

I don't think PETA has ever been hit, as hard, as they like to hit people. So, by that description, they are a Bully.

If that Bully gets success, that Bully is going to continue to their behavior.

I think someone needs to step up and slap PETA back into place.

While McDonald's isn't going to do that, outside of the courtroom, I am SSSUUURRRREEEEEE they have 6 floors of lawyers at McDonald's HQ that would LOVE this little challenge.

I, for one, would volunteer for an Anti-PETA push back team - because I hate me a bully.

P.E.T.A. - People Eating Tasty Animals.

JD

hogger129 08-06-2009 01:56 AM

PETA... lol. Makes me think of a South Park episode I watched. I can understand when they are standing up against stuff like dogfighting or puppy mills, but sometimes they are just R-tards.

Lindenwood 08-06-2009 02:47 AM

I agree that PETA can be ridiculous sometimes, I am also very, very fond of animals. And, on that note, it does look pretty effed up if they really do the chickens like that! I know they have to process a lot of meat, but how hard would it be to at least pass them through a gas chamber or something to make them unconscious before hacking them up and burning them? Or, maybe some kind of press that the operator simply slides the chicken's head into to instantly flatten the brain, thus killing it instantly without pain? That wouldn't be much slower than cutting their throats while they hang there!