Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   PETA: Pet Turkeys? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/peta-pet-turkeys-52072/)

Gordo323 11-19-2011 12:21 AM

PETA: Pet Turkeys?
 
Here's some thought for your Thanksgiving Holiday.

I mean really...................... just WTF? :confused:

PETA: Thanksgiving turkey? Might as well eat your dog | ksl.com

orangello 11-19-2011 12:31 AM

No, dog is for "Chinese New Year". :rolleyes: Silly PETArs.

If you are going to not eat a particular food, do it because it is unhealthy food or tastes bad to you. I don't like the taste of most meat, especially fried pork chops, so i don't eat it.

Beyond that, domestic turkeys are so dumb that they have to be brought in when it rains to prevent drowning. I've never seen one fetch anything.

Gordo323 11-19-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 631173)
No, dog is for "Chinese New Year". :rolleyes: Silly PETArs.

If you are going to not eat a particular food, do it because it is unhealthy food or tastes bad to you. I don't like the taste of most meat, especially fried pork chops, so i don't eat it.

Beyond that, domestic turkeys are so dumb that they have to be brought in when it rains to prevent drowning. I've never seen one fetch anything.

Probably hard to keep them on a leash as well!

They will fetch anything that is thrown in their general direction................ firecrackers come to mind...not that I ever did that as a bored farm kid:D

trip286 11-19-2011 01:48 AM

What burns me up is that the article says they specifically target children with their ads. That just pisses me off.

Vikingdad 11-19-2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 631218)
What burns me up is that the article says they specifically target children with their ads. That just pisses me off.

That's why you should raise your own children and not allow the State to do it. It only takes a village when the parents are absent.

trip286 11-19-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad (Post 631231)
That's why you should raise your own children and not allow the State to do it. It only takes a village when the parents are absent.

I do. No one whoops his ass but me. But no matter what I do, people can still target him, and all that does is make my job harder.

winds-of-change 11-19-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 631173)
No, dog is for "Chinese New Year". :rolleyes: Silly PETArs.

If you are going to not eat a particular food, do it because it is unhealthy food or tastes bad to you. I don't like the taste of most meat, especially fried pork chops, so i don't eat it.

Beyond that, domestic turkeys are so dumb that they have to be brought in when it rains to prevent drowning. I've never seen one fetch anything.

My sister raised a few turkeys in her day. They are not smart birds and my sister raised them to EAT THEM. I remember once, though, my very young nephew was at her farm and being a city kid, he was curious about the turkey chicks. My sister picked one up and handed it to him and as he held this little chick, it died right in his hands. :eek: My sister only raised turkeys for a couple years because she said they had a high mortality rate. Chickens and ducks were easier to raise. And her turkeys tasted pretty good on Thanksgiving day. The beef she raised was pretty tasty, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordo323 (Post 631180)
They will fetch anything that is thrown in their general direction................ firecrackers come to mind...not that I ever did that as a bored farm kid:D

You did NOT.......did you? You post some things that makes me think you must have driven your parents CRAZY!!

Sarge22 11-19-2011 02:42 PM

I'm retired and bored. Let me see one of those billboards. I'll sue PETA for traumatizing my daughter. :D

Vikingdad 11-19-2011 10:38 PM

You know, after thinking very seriously about it I am taking their campaign to heart. I'm gonna stop by the pound on Monday and pick me up a Thanksgiving pup!

Any advice on what breeds taste the best?

texaswoodworker 11-19-2011 11:05 PM

To me, PETA is just a bunch of overly extreme animal lovers. I read the other day they were protesting the new Mario game because in it, Mario wears a animal suit. They said it was telling kids that fur coats are ok. Really? If you don't like the game, don't play it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:57 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.