Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 70
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #691
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 534 Times on 309 Posts

Here are some other annoyances of mine:

- Ebonics, giant chrome rims, gang sign hand gesticulations, thuggish behavior, mean mugging glances, failure to yield right of way when you're driving and where you're supposed to be and someone else is walking and not where they are supposed to be
- Fat women in spandex pants and tops
- When everyone gets a trophy just for playing
- Not keeping score. Little kid soccer does this now. There are winners and losers in life. The sooner you learn this the better. And frankly, what's wrong with wanting to win?
- Children on meds for 'attention issues'. Seems like every kid but mine are on them. Really?
- Failure of my family members to turn off lights, lock doors, take out trash, throw anything away, pick up toys or pretty much anything, give the dogs water, turn off bathroom fans, replace tools, bring in the mail and sort it, replace empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls, and a million other little things.
- Mormons at my door trying to convert me. Dude, I'm a Methodist, go away.
- Dirty guns and dirty motorcycles. Cars and trucks can be dirty but not guns and motorcycles.
People Like This 
Old 09-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #692
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22385 Times on 12492 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36 View Post
Oh man, here in Indiana it's dandy lions. I despise them. Entire yards, like every square inch, will be yellow weeds then white. The people that rent houses here in my neighborhood don't do anything about them. Some regular homeowners don't spray as well. Drives me crazy. Take your ass to Lowes or Home Depot and buy one ten dollar bottle and spray. You'd think I'd be 'Mr. Yard' with me bitching about this stuff but I'm not. I hate yard work. I'd rather be shooting skeet, BUT people should care about the physical appearance of their sh-t, even if they live in the middle of nowhere.
that's why i live in a very rural area with very, very few neighbors. i don't like someone telling me what i can or can't do on my own property. i also like my privacy and the fence line that borders the road is very growed up and shields my house from view of those driving down the road. even during the day, unless you are directly looking for my house, you could pass by and not even know it's there.
People Like This 
Old 09-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #693
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36
Here are some other annoyances of mine:
- Mormons at my door trying to convert me. Dude, I'm a Methodist, go away.
Answering the door in your underwear with a beer in one hand and a shotgun in the other and yelling over your shoulder in your best redneck accent "hey Velma, let them dawgs out. Them blasted bible thumpers is at the door again!"

Will usually end this. They spread the word quick.

:Cough cough: Not that I would ever do anything this irresponsible (and hillarious) myself.

Edit:
Note: this works even better on African American Jehovahs Witnesses.

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-01-2013 at 04:00 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #694
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10063 Times on 5398 Posts
Likes Given: 21292

Invite them in. They won't know what to do.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #695
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22385 Times on 12492 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Answering the door in your underwear with a beer in one hand and a shotgun in the other and yelling over your shoulder in your best redneck accent "hey Velma, let them dawgs out. Them blasted bible thumpers is at the door again!"

Will usually end this. They spread the word quick.

:Cough cough: Not that I would ever do anything this irresponsible (and hillarious) myself.
hmmmmmmm...........use what works!

Old 09-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #696

Liked 1407 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 2163

A serious peeve of mine is people who think they are the "world's foremost authority" on every subject. They'll be quick to butt in on any conversation, and the first words outta their mouth will be "Actually, it's really like this..."
Then they'll rattle off their uninformed opinion on a subject when they misunderstood what the original topic of conversation was.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #697

Liked 9215 Times on 5059 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I just wanted to reiterate: a peeve often stated has been people who don't use the search function.

I need a vacation from this forum again. Same old, same old... what should I buy? What's the best deer rifle? What do you grab for SHTF?

Ugh.... I've already been queasy. I'm quickly becoming sick to my stomach.

The funny thing is: there is NO RIGHT OR WRONG answer to these questions, and the people posting them lately are giving LITTLE TO NO information about what they really need or want.

Example: the best deer rifle for Mississippi brush country is NOT necessarily going to be the same for the high plains of Wyoming, coastal Carolinas, or New Mexico.

Last edited by trip286; 09-01-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #698

Liked 316 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Here are some of my most cherished pet peeves:

Litter bugs. Every time I see that I want to slap the offender with a baseball bat.

Smokers who toss their butts on the ground or out the window. That kinda falls under litter bug. Still, baseball bat and cranium.

Left Lane hogs. When I am on home time I drive my 1966 Buick and I usually want to go FAST. Just let me by to run the risk of a LEO encounter on my own Thank you very much.

People who let their kids cry and scream in public places. I never allowed my 5 kids to do that. If they made daddy mad, nobody got treats. The kids figured out Collective Responsibility fast. ..

People who take 2 parking spots. As I said before I drive a fully restored classic car. I park it way out in the boonies so that no one would want to park next to me.

People who make messes in public restrooms.

People who think that the whole world owes them an living.

Petty beauricrats who think that since they have a little power that they can lord over us "small folk"

Anyone who gets up the courage to come on my property and tries to tell me what to do.

There are bunches of other things that really spin my lug nuts, but I think this is enough to get started with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
The louder the muffler, the higher the rpm, the smaller the testes! Enuff said.
Dose this count as small manhood compensation?

forumrunner_20130901_145849.jpg
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
People Like This 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #699
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1070 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind View Post

Litter bugs. ....

Whoa
that struck a chord, #%^&&~@#TY %Y!#!!!!!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #700
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9089 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind View Post

Litter bugs. Every time I see that I want to slap the offender with a baseball bat.

Smokers who toss their butts on the ground or out the window. That kinda falls under litter bug. Still, baseball bat and cranium.

Left Lane hogs. When I am on home time I drive my 1966 Buick and I usually want to go FAST. Just let me by to run the risk of a LEO encounter on my own Thank you very much.

People who let their kids cry and scream in public places. I never allowed my 5 kids to do that. If they made daddy mad, nobody got treats. The kids figured out Collective Responsibility fast. ..

People who take 2 parking spots. As I said before I drive a fully restored classic car. I park it way out in the boonies so that no one would want to park next to me.

People who make messes in public restrooms.

People who think that the whole world owes them an living.

Petty beauricrats who think that since they have a little power that they can lord over us "small folk"

Anyone who gets up the courage to come on my property and tries to tell me what to do.

There are bunches of other things that really spin my lug nuts, but I think this is enough to get started with.

Dose this count as small manhood compensation?

Attachment 116735
Fukkin A! right about those! And they don't just spin my lug nuts, I think they torque 'em off!