Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 68
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 03:28 AM   #671
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3757 Times on 2083 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
When I give a **** about my neighbors' opinions of my attire or landscape, should I give them the **** or just send a picture of it?
I hate seeing those saggy bottom boys just as much as the next guy, but I don't think the government should punish or fine them for it. What if they cannot pay the fine? Jail time? I really don't want taxpayers funding a stent in the hoosegow over droopy britches.
I suppose no one is against low cut blouses and short skirts or visible thongs? I'm not.
Saw a girl tonight with a skirt so short her a$$ was hanging out. I'm against skanky chicks but I still don't think she should get a ticket for it. Although it was bordering indecent exposure.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:32 AM   #672
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7801 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 16491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

Saw a girl tonight with a skirt so short her a$$ was hanging out. I'm against skanky chicks but I still don't think she should get a ticket for it. Although it was bordering indecent exposure.
Some are pretty decent.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

readygirl Likes This 
Old 09-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #673
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post

Some are pretty decent.
Nice double standard. personally I don't want to see anyone's ass hanging out.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #674
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

Nice double standard. personally I don't want to see anyone's ass hanging out.
Same here, I don't want to see anyone 's @$$. But being the extreme libertarian that I am, I don't think anyone should fined for it.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 09-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #675
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2438 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA

Same here, I don't want to see anyone 's @$$. But being the extreme libertarian that I am, I don't think anyone should fined for it.
Your rights are your rights until you infringe on someone else's. In this case a city park, tourist spot, or private business that operate within the city limits. I have seen people leave restaurants, stores and city parks because there were people there with their underwear or buttcrack hanging out. Those people had a right to be in those places and not have to stare at someone's @$$ and explain their nasty behavior to their kids. I especially don't have a problem with this when it is put to a vote and the residents of the city vote to pass it.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-01-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #676
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11538

Personally I think we are way too caught up in the human body here in the US. I couldn't care less if people went the full Monty in public, and the only restrictions were for sanitary reasons (such as the requirement that nude people in SF must put down a seat cover before sitting anywhere).

I say this mainly because while it says a lot about the person who engages in the act (saggy pants, ass hanging out, tits showing, whatever) it says way more about the people who bitch about it the loudest. Think about that.

As an example, there was this homeless guy in town whose clothes had become more and more threadbare, and there was a group of people who complained to the police because there was more and more skin showing on this guy, and at one point his pants tore open and there was little being covered at all. You could literally see his ass as the seat of the pants had been torn open. The police told him to tie his shirt around his waist to cover up, and he did.

Nobody thought to offer him another pair of pants. Nobody has given much thought to his mental illness which is the cause of his condition. They just complained to the police about his appearance.

I did give him a pair of cargo shorts after I found out what was happening with him (I talked to the cop who made him cover up) and he damned near wore those out before somebody gave him another pair of pants.

So, as I said, it says a lot about the person, but more about the people who complain.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #677

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I've offered my belt. It's refused every time.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #678
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA

I agree with that, it's the "I don't want to see some guy's pants so low that his boxers are hanging out but it's okay for a girl to wear a skirt so short that I can see her ass hanging out the bottom of her skirt as long as she has a nice ass" double standard that annoys me...

And to get back on topic, pet peeve: double standards.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 09-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #679
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2438 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I've offered my belt. It's refused every time.
My Dad once told a little teenage thug to pull his pants up. His mom agreed. The thug smarted off to both of them. Dad promptly picked him up by his belt loop,and tie strapped his pants so tight around his belly button that the little dude couldn't pull them over the top of his hip bones. He walked around looking like Steve Urkel for hours begging everybody for a knife or scissors to cut the strap off. Everybody (including his mom) just laughed at him. Dad finally cut it off of him when he borrowed a belt from somebody and the belt wouldn't fit in the loops with the tie straps.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-01-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #680
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7801 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 16491

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

My Dad once told a little teenage thug to pull his pants up. His mom agreed. The thug smarted off to both of them. Dad promptly picked him up by his belt buckle, and tie strapped his pants so tight around his belly button that the little dude couldn't pull them over the top of his hip bones. He walked around looking like Steve Urkel for hours begging everybody for a knife or scissors to cut the strap off. Everybody (including his mom) just laughed at him. Dad finally cut it off of him when he borrowed a belt from somebody and brought it to Dad.
The boy wore a belt buckle with no belt? Your dad carries tie straps? The kid (and your dad) remained in the location for hours?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄