Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #661
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3038 Times on 1695 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

She handles my son just fine. He loves her, and actually insisted on calling her for mother's day this year. BEFORE calling his real mom. He was very specific in this.
Yeah, but I love him too, that helps a lot. I'm sure you noticed I was pretty patient with my niece and nephew too.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #662

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Well your niece is impossible to be impatient with! She has to be the cutest little girl ever! And your nephew is still just a baby.

I'm impressed with your patience with me.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #663
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3038 Times on 1695 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Well your niece is impossible to be impatient with! She has to be the cutest little girl ever! And your nephew is still just a baby.

I'm impressed with your patience with me.
But she is also spoiled, which I can't stand.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #664

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

But she is also spoiled, which I can't stand.
Well yeah, but... I'd probably spoil her worse.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #665

Liked 742 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
My Peeve is when folks make comments regarding what Teachers get paid, when they don't know all sides of the issue, but most times I allow it to pass because I "Understand" that someone is always going to have something to say, because even reasonably intelligent people can be uninformed of all the facts. Granted I don't know what system services your district,.but let me tell you about NYC Teachers In general and I my case, Special Education High Schools where I spent my 25+ years, until November of 2010.

1) We work an extended day by normal standards, 8 hours and 25 minutes. I have no problem with this, but clearly it's not good enough for Mr. Bloomberg and now His "Deputy Mayor for Education/ Schools Chancellor" Dennis Walcott, we have to give up extra Days of salaried vacation at the end of summer for "in Service" Training. This training in itself isn't the issue, but the fact is that each year it's exactly the same subject matter as the year before, as if we are "savants" who can't take notes or remember the rules regarding say, Corporal Punishment, or reporting child abuse.

2) Please don't tell me "you have the whole summer off" because we don't. The special ed. district in NYC(District 75) Is on a 12 month school year. That means that when everyone says "see you in September" we keep working for 6-1/2 more weeks,..until the middle of August, and have to return 2 days before Labor Day for that "Inservice." We get 11 Days off before we have to come back to work. not even a full two weeks, 11 Days.

3) Same thing about our "length" of school day. The Students don't begin classes for the most part until 8:15 or 8:20 am. We have to be in the school building at 7:45, or if you were an Assistant Dean as I was the final 6 years I worked, 7:30am. Mind you before you go to teach your first period class you have to field phone calls from Parents who forgot that their Kids are in a Spec. Ed. Program for a reason, for example, like this parent: "Missa C, Why You give My son a 47 in english Class, HE SPEAK English!!!!" But does your Son come to English class? No, he's smoking Dope in the back stairway or even worse, so we had to install cameras in all the staircases, and now I have about 20 video clips of your son cutting class, among other things."

4) "Teachers are overpaid compared to the amount of work they do." Maybe in some places they are. Not in the 2 schools I Taught in. We were often abused(verbally) by Principals or asst. Principals who are told"find a way to Cut the TOP earning 20% of your workforce," or we'll find a way to Cut OUT your position."

5) "School Safety and The NYPD School resource Officer are in the building to help you maintain order." No they are not. They are there to make sure the kids don't "Kill Each other" with whatever they can "Pick up" to throw at other students or staff. Not to make sure they go to class or do their work.

6) "It Be Your Job to take care of my Son/Daughter Each day." "So tell me Miss, what happened to your role as a Parent?" This woman told me her only job was to make sure her and her kids had clothes on their backs, food to eat and new cell phones each year. Her son is now serving 12-15 Years for Grand Larceny & Attempted Murder, and her Daughter was "expecting" her first child at 14. By the age of 20 She had 5 kids.

I'm not saying you don't have a hard job, but between getting into the school each day, and making sure a Kid doesn't stab you in the neck with a pencil or pen that I gave Him or Her to do her work because she came to school unprepared, the State ed. department passing another BS set of standards that the students CAN'T possibly Meet if they could stay in High school until the age of 25(currently in Spec. Ed. it's 21!!), and administrators looking to terminate you to save their own jobs, It's really unfair of you to issue a blanket statement about Teacher salaries or our pension plan. I had to work 20 years before I reached the top salary in my license area, have to work 30 years to attain full pension status, which only equals 80% of your last three years of service, Earned no extra Income for attending Post Graduate courses and earning doctoral status,.......

I could go on but my pressure is up now,..so i'm gonna be quiet because i really am Basically a Nice Guy,....
I never said i had a problem with what teachers get paid. They make a fair wage . And it sounds like you were in an unusually bad situation..The teachers i know are just starting out.. But they work Mon - Fri, 7: 30A TO 4: 30P. Weekends off, all summer off, every conceivable holiday off. And nobody trying to stab or kill anybody. Suburban upper/middle class school system, typical for the midwest.. The problem is the teachers unions trying to soak taxpayers for more..more..more..more..more. The legacy costs/retirement packages for teachers will be what brings it all crashing down at some point. And its not just teachers...Its almost all Federal/State/Local Govt employees...

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 08-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #666
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 670 Times on 344 Posts

CNN talking heads are giving Obama a reach around for his speech today.... "Obama feels alone, he's the only one willing to stand up to tyranny".... Bla bla bla Ralph!!!!

Old 09-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #667
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

I think ordinances like low hanging pants where fines are imposed for showing underwear or the top of the butt fall under the same category of high grass ordinances or littering ordinances. It creates an eyesore. And eyesores impact revenue for business owners and city owned tourist revenues. It's not a criminal charge that goes on your record. It's a fine that says the general public doesn't want to see this. You are hurting business revenue, tax revenue and tourist revenue. So we are going to hurt your revenue.

In fact several of the cities put it to a vote and let the residents decide.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 09-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #668
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6100 Times on 3346 Posts
Likes Given: 11721

When I give a **** about my neighbors' opinions of my attire or landscape, should I give them the **** or just send a picture of it?
I hate seeing those saggy bottom boys just as much as the next guy, but I don't think the government should punish or fine them for it. What if they cannot pay the fine? Jail time? I really don't want taxpayers funding a stent in the hoosegow over droopy britches.
I suppose no one is against low cut blouses and short skirts or visible thongs? I'm not.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #669

Liked 309 Times on 172 Posts

Well I give a s--t about my neighbor's landscape because it directly effects me and my property value. I dislike it greatly when people don't keep up with weeding and mowing and mulching. Go live in an apartment. Your home is only your single biggest purchase, take care of it. Paint the fu@ker when it needs it. Fix it up. Don't park all your busted crap out in the yard. Own a car? Park it in your damn driveway, not the street. The street isn't your driveway and you don't own that. Plant some damn flowers. Don't put a boat in your backyard or your driveway, or an RV, or semi if the bylaws say you can't. It looks like s-it. It's not like you didn't get a copy of the bylaws when you bought your house. Curb appeal. You have a responsibility to keep your s$it up if you buy a home in a neighborhood. Phew, I feel better now....well, except for the 20+ houses in a neighborhood of 90 that look like dumps.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #670
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6100 Times on 3346 Posts
Likes Given: 11721

Mine is the only one in the neighborhood that hasn't been foreclosed. So