Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 61
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 03:08 AM   #601
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Why do you think I'm pissed of at you. I'm not. But you're a likable *******.

I wasn't referring to Canebrake. But I heard from him through texts yesterday. He is getting better. I will tell you he is an incredible man.
Just checking. Did something happen to Cane?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

i see guns differently than i did when i first started out under my fathers guidance. when i first learned about guns it was from the pages of the American Rifleman magazine, my father's knowledge of guns and from going to gun stores and gun show with my father.

today with the internet, learning about firearms is as easy as a simple Google search or mnay different gun forums that are available. looking to buy one? plenty of online reviews available. today doing research on any firearm is in some ways much easier.

personally i find it easier to gain more information by using the internet.
I'll be honest, until after I was in the military for a bit, and met some people that owned ARs as civilians, and gained some knowledge on the M16, I was like these gun grabbers you here about. I saw no reason for anyone to own "military style assault rifles" or handguns, and felt that everything besides traditional hunting arms should be no longer sold (I never felt they should be confiscated, they are/were, after all, privately owned property), and that all non traditional hunting arms should be ceased in their production and melted down.

I'm so glad I got educated.

See, one big difference between myself back then, and some of the hard core gun grabbers now, is this: my opinion was based on lack of experience and knowledge. I have/had the reasoning capacity to listen to both sides of the argument and make my own decision on what to believe, almost identical to Wind's experience. Theirs (the hard core anti gun nuts) is based on emotion and an inability to reason.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:08 AM   #602

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post

Try a boxing gym, I'll tell you, boxing will get rid of you're pent up anger, and it is a really good workout.
And it'll feel like a real fight? I may have to check around.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:15 AM   #603
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Just checking. Did something happen to Cane?

I'll be honest, until after I was in the military for a bit, and met some people that owned ARs as civilians, and gained some knowledge on the M16, I was like these gun grabbers you here about. I saw no reason for anyone to own "military style assault rifles" or handguns, and felt that everything besides traditional hunting arms should be no longer sold (I never felt they should be confiscated, they are/were, after all, privately owned property), and that all non traditional hunting arms should be ceased in their production and melted down.

I'm so glad I got educated.

See, one big difference between myself back then, and some of the hard core gun grabbers now, is this: my opinion was based on lack of experience and knowledge. I have/had the reasoning capacity to listen to both sides of the argument and make my own decision on what to believe, almost identical to Wind's experience. Theirs (the hard core anti gun nuts) is based on emotion and an inability to reason.
i think Winds had posted a while back that he had been sick, but was getting better.

many of them lack the ability to reason and to use some good old common sense.

many of us come from different types of backgrounds that exposed us to guns and many of us came to know about them at different ages.

case in point. my father has been a NRA member and a lifetime member as far back as i can remember. my father started my brother and i out when we were very young, at about 5 or 6 years of age. now i didn't get exposure to hunting until much later at about 11 or 12 years old with my uncles. i can remember having talks about the 2nd amendment with my father when i was pretty young and how he felt about it. his viewpoint hasn't changed one bit over the years!

Old 08-31-2013, 03:18 AM   #604
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

And it'll feel like a real fight? I may have to check around.
I've been doing for about a year and a half, and since I've started I've felt much less frustrated and angry and I've felt much better physically.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-31-2013, 03:23 AM   #605

Quote:

I've been doing for about a year and a half, and since I've started I've felt much less frustrated and angry and I've felt much better physically.
I'll have to check into it. I looked for a boxing club in Ruston, but couldn't find one, and haven't looked for one nearby yet.

I feel like my masculinity is slipping. I caught myself admiring a beetle today. To be fair, it's the newest model that almost looks reminiscent of a Porsche...a big, bubbly shaped, girly Porsche. But it was diesel! I think. I was more concerned with the seating and cargo room than the engine.

Oh God...what's wrong with me!?!? :'(
Old 08-31-2013, 03:23 AM   #606

Quote:
i usually feel much better after slapping the crap out of the person who made me angry!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:25 AM   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

i usually feel much better after slapping the crap out of the person who made me angry!
Yeah, but that's generally frowned upon these days... I don't see why. If we were allowed to do so, we'd likely have a MUCH more polite society. And more intelligent too.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:29 AM   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Yeah, but that's generally frowned upon these days... I don't see why. If we were allowed to do so, we'd likely have a MUCH more polite society. And more intelligent too.
or least would be much easier to know who's stupid. they would be the ones with all the bruises!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:30 AM   #609
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

That may work.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-31-2013, 03:32 AM   #610

Quote:
That may work.
not may work, does work!