Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 02:23 AM   #581
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1638 Times on 1000 Posts
Likes Given: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
New People on here that don't do a search before they start a new thread.
Or the people that ask the dumbest questions.
I've always felt it isn't possible to ask the dumbest questions. My motto: "The only stupid question is the one you won't ask."

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 08-31-2013, 02:25 AM   #582
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19483 Times on 11067 Posts
Likes Given: 49093

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Wait a minute.........I've asked many a "dumb question" here and have always been treated respectfully and gotten answers. How else am I to learn? What seems 'dumb' to a knowledgeable person isn't 'dumb' to someone who is still learning the basics.
big difference. you actually ask very good questions, because you are trying to learn.

quick one that comes to mind. someone posted a thread about which round would you want to be shot with, a 9mm, a 40 or a 45?

me, i personally don't want to be shot with a pellet rifle, much less any of those three, or any round.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:27 AM   #583
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
I've always felt it isn't possible to ask the dumbest questions. My motto: "The only stupid question is the one you won't ask."
I am the "Queen of Questions".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
big difference. you actually ask very good questions, because you are trying to learn.

quick one that comes to mind. someone posted a thread about which round would you want to be shot with, a 9mm, a 40 or a 45?

me, i personally don't want to be shot with a pellet rifle, much less any of those three, or any round.
Okay. Good point. That was a doozy. Even I know the answer to that one without asking.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:31 AM   #584

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

And every now and then, we go through a sudden influx of, "what's your preferred weapon for the zombie apocalypse?" threads.

Usually followed by, "mine would be the .50AE desert eagle, .500S&W, M2 Machine gun, and a Mossberg 500/Remington 870, plus a machete and cross bow for silent kills and melee. I'll transport them on my dirt bike or bicycle for the light weight mobility and/or gas mileage."

These users next thread is usually "Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 for my first gun purchase?" And their opening post states that they want maximum destructive power, fore and aft pistol grips, explosive flamethrower rounds, and long range capabilities. "Oh, I may also hunt the occasional squirrel".

Old 08-31-2013, 02:32 AM   #585
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2188 Times on 1212 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
I agree. I have no problem giving the same links and the same answers to a newbie on any of the forums I post on. I don't understand the hostility towards them that a lot of people (not here but on other forums) display. Answer their questions and they'll stay around.

And by the time everything's over with they may have a bigger budget and more time to kill. If they do they could end up with more equipment and be able to gain more range time and experience than I have and pay for classes I havent taken and schools I can't afford.

After time passes YOU might end up asking THEM questions by the end of it all. I've seen it happen on other forums.

I've also seen really dumb people stay really dumb and irritate everybody all the time too so it depends on the person. But run them off after their first question and you'll never know.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 08-31-2013, 02:36 AM   #586
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19483 Times on 11067 Posts
Likes Given: 49093

there is a big difference in a dumb question and a stupid question.

a dumb question usually means the person asking doesn't have any particular knowledge of the subject they are inquiring about.

a stupid question is, well just stupid. no explanation needed!

Old 08-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #587
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
Ya I was raised with the same thing. But people don't think it through. They want the easy way, they just want the answer, and not try to figure it out on there own.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-31-2013, 02:41 AM   #588
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

Hey I gave them a great answer for that thread.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-31-2013, 02:44 AM   #589
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7884

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
I agree. I have no problem giving the same links and the same answers to a newbie on any of the forums I post on. I don't understand the hostility towards them that a lot of people (not here but on other forums) display. Answer their questions and they'll stay around.

And by the time everything's over with they may have a bigger budget and more time to kill. If they do they could end up with more equipment and be able to gain more range time and experience than I have and pay for classes I havent taken and schools I can't afford.

After time passes YOU might end up asking THEM questions by the end of it all. I've seen it happen on other forums.

I've also seen really dumb people stay really dumb and irritate everybody all the time too so it depends on the person. But run them off after their first question and you'll never know.
Very true. I was once treated very rudely by a member here, who is no longer a member. He was rude and embarrassed me on the open forum. I cried and almost left the forum. Another member came to my rescue through PM's and taught me how to handle the smart asses. That second member and I have been friends ever since.

On the other hand, I can remember being able to answer someone's question here for the very first time. It was an awesome feeling.
People Like This 
Old 08-31-2013, 02:47 AM   #590

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

So winds...when the hell you gonna stop considering yourself a noob and own up to the fact that you've become a fairly experienced gun owner?

And by the way, did I do or say something to piss you off? Just wondering. I warned you I'm an ass hole.