Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 04:41 AM   #561
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19864 Times on 11282 Posts
Likes Given: 50066

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Not only that but you gotta stop whatever you are towing too. I don't
know what the max towing for dads truck is, I think he said around 19 or 20 thousand, I would want to know for damn sure that the trailer brakes and the truck brakes are in very good order. His are by the way.
i agree. lots of people forget that having the power to pull a heavy load is only a small part of it. the truck needs the suspension to be able to handle the extra weight of the load and the brakes to stop it. i have pulled loads before in the past that literally pushed me into the intersection when i tried to stop! very scary indeed!

Old 08-29-2013, 04:46 AM   #562

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

i agree. lots of people forget that having the power to pull a heavy load is only a small part of it. the truck needs the suspension to be able to handle the extra weight of the load and the brakes to stop it. i have pulled loads before in the past that literally pushed me into the intersection when i tried to stop! very scary indeed!
If that happened to me id probably deficate so hard, i would jetpack through the roof.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

People Like This 
Old 08-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #563
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19864 Times on 11282 Posts
Likes Given: 50066

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
If that happened to me id probably deficate so hard, i would jetpack through the roof.
i have hadmy butt eat some seat cover a few times!

it's a downright scary feeling to have a huge load pushing you even when standing on the brakes.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #564
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7739 Times on 4470 Posts
Likes Given: 9989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i have hadmy butt eat some seat cover a few times!

it's a downright scary feeling to have a huge load pushing you even when standing on the brakes.
No frigging kidding! In my Super duty I have a killer electric brake controller I just recently installed a Max Brake controller http://www.plugitright.com/MaxBrakeController.html and it is freaking awesome!! I wish I had it years ago. I also have a Banks exhaust brake that I installed when the truck was brand new (along with the free-flow exhaust system), and my truck is a six-speed manual transmission. I am serious about braking safety after I was very nearly killed in a brake failure accident in 1998 (the settlement paid for my Super duty with all of the accessories I wanted including the Banks setup and a bunch left over).

One can never have too much stopping power!!!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #565
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1673 Times on 1019 Posts
Likes Given: 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
Junk phone calls - even though I'm on the "No Call" list... I keep a very loud whistle by the phone now.

Yes, I have used it...
I prefer an air horn.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

johnr1943 Likes This 
Old 08-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #566

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

I've got a class b cdl. I can drive a vehicle over 26000 pounds with air brakes but I can't tow a trailer with that vehicle over 10000 pounds. I wonder why any average joe can pull a 20000# trailer with an f350. I wonder if its a combined weight??

Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #567

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
I've got a class b cdl. I can drive a vehicle over 26000 pounds with air brakes but I can't tow a trailer with that vehicle over 10000 pounds. I wonder why any average joe can pull a 20000# trailer with an f350. I wonder if its a combined weight??
Part of it's that "C" in CDL. Interstate commerce laws and all. Mostly just another way for government entities to control.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #568

Liked 74 Times on 51 Posts

I hate it when you have a parking permit but you can never find a park because the damn lot is full!! And "overflow parking" is one strip of parks that staff uses too! There's plenty of empty staff spaces! Don't take up student parking! Ugh!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #569
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 533 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 211

My pet peeve is the roads along the beaches here in Florida. The speed limit on a two lane road through a "protect bird nesting area" is 25MPH. Really?

First off I don't see any birds nesting.

Secondly I ain't turning/stopping/slowing down for anything that crosses in front of my truck that is smaller than a large dog.

Third, I understand the whole endangered animal thing but resort to points one and two. My major in college was environmental conservation so I have listened to the whole hippy logic but how about listening to my common sense logic. Raise the speed limit to say 40MPH.

Oh and don't get me started about no dogs or trucks allowed on the beach. Well ok, the truck part is probably a good idea. The sand here is much softer than Texas sand.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

johnr1943 Likes This 
Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #570

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

When someone KNOWS you HAVE to be up by a certain time and they don't bother to check on you past that time. Too lazy? Inconsiderate? Then they pile all their **** on your only pair of shoes....