You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #551
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
One of my pet peeves is when I'm trying to help someone and they start complaining about it. It really sets me off. Like when you give somebody (who has nothing) something that they need, but its not brand new or its not exactly what they asked for and they're like "this is all I get?" It makes me want to snatch it back and tell them to go jump in a lake.
Years ago I pulled up to a guy in his jacked-up Chevy mall crawler who had gotten pretty badly stuck in the mud. I was driving my Early Bronco sleeper, I got out, went around back and took out my extraction gear (I had been doing this all day) and dropped it in front of the truck. The wanna-be redneck Nancy-boy shakes his head and says "I can't believe I'm getting pulled out by a Ford!"

I looked him in the eye and said: "You're not."

Put my stuff back in the Bronco and went on my way without another word.
People Like This 
Old 08-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #552
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5995 Times on 3276 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Years ago I pulled up to a guy in his jacked-up Chevy mall crawler who had gotten pretty badly stuck in the mud. I was driving my Early Bronco sleeper, I got out, went around back and took out my extraction gear (I had been doing this all day) and dropped it in front of the truck. The wanna-be redneck Nancy-boy shakes his head and says "I can't believe I'm getting pulled out by a Ford!"

I looked him in the eye and said: "You're not."

Put my stuff back in the Bronco and went on my way without another word.
When my truck broke down, my Dad and a friend of his came to get us in his friend's Powerstroke, first thing I said was, "You brought the Powerstroke? We're never going to make it home." Trip said, "you don't make fun of the guy towing your truck." It was a little different because I actually knew the guy and that's just normal conversation for us. But if some nice stranger had offered to help I would have kept my mouth shut.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/8th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-7-8-9-2016-a-118694/#post1778284
People Like This 
Old 08-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #553

Liked 9219 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

That's right. But if I'd known the guy a little better (I mean, he's bigger than me, and was wearing overalls) I probably would've poked fun at him too.

But after you fell asleep, I very clearly recall hauling ass across Wyoming at about 85 most of the time. Really, it's a wonder we weren't flying your little truck like a kite...
People Like This 
Old 08-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #554
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
When my truck broke down, my Dad and a friend of his came to get us in his friend's Powerstroke, first thing I said was, "You brought the Powerstroke? We're never going to make it home." Trip said, "you don't make fun of the guy towing your truck." It was a little different because I actually knew the guy and that's just normal conversation for us. But if some nice stranger had offered to help I would have kept my mouth shut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
That's right. But if I'd known the guy a little better (I mean, he's bigger than me, and was wearing overalls) I probably would've poked fun at him too.

But after you fell asleep, I very clearly recall hauling ass across Wyoming at about 85 most of the time. Really, it's a wonder we weren't flying your little truck like a kite...
I have a Powerstroke too. And a few other older Fords, the 2001 Powerstroke is the newest one by a couple of decades. It replaced a 1983 diesel F-350 (with the Banks turbo).

Seriously? I don't really give a rip what you drive or prefer, but don't ever attempt to insult me for my preferences when I'm giving you a hand. Its a pet peeve of mine.
People Like This 
Old 08-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #555

Liked 2453 Times on 1343 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I have a Powerstroke too. And a few other older Fords, the 2001 Powerstroke is the newest one by a couple of decades. It replaced a 1983 diesel F-350 (with the Banks turbo).

Seriously? I don't really give a rip what you drive or prefer, but don't ever attempt to insult me for my preferences when I'm giving you a hand. Its a pet peeve of mine.
I just had a chat with some buddies about towing capacities and different vehicles. Most of us have V6s rated in the 6000lb range.

The Ford guy waits for us to finish and grinned real wide and said "yeah buddy, but the powerstroke? She pulls 26 THOUSAND!" Donno if he was serious but he won all the man cards. We laughed on that one all day.

Especially since he got stuck the other day and it took a truck 2 tractors and a snatch block to get him out.

Last edited by DeltaF; 08-29-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:01 AM   #556

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
Or then there's the hard plastic stuff that send you to the Urgent Care center...
The technical term for those packages are "blister pack" I friend of mine could never open one without completely destroying it.....he now calls them "bastard packs"
People Like This 
Old 08-29-2013, 02:03 AM   #557
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2030 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I just had a chat with some buddies about towing capacities and different vehicles. Most of us have V6s rated in the 6000lb range.

The Ford guy waits for us to finish and grinned real wide and said "yeah buddy, but the powerstroke? She pulls 26 THOUSAND!" Donno if he was serious but he won all the man cards. We laughed on that one all day.

Especially since he got stuck the other day and it took a truck 2 tractors and a snatch block to get him out.
I don't about 26,000lbs, but Dads 09 absolutely does not even know 14,400lbs is even back there.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 08-29-2013, 02:09 AM   #558
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22401 Times on 12496 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

quite possible he can pull 26K, depending how his truck is equipped.

problem is, when you can pull much weight, when you do get stuck, you're stuck!

towing specs of the new Ford trucks.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/superduty/specifications/towing/
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 08-29-2013, 02:37 AM   #559

Liked 2453 Times on 1343 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

Thanks for the link. He drives a monster so I'm sure 26,000 is in the picture for him. He pulls a big cattle trailer all over the open fields with it. Wasn't doubting the guy, like I said he won all the man cards!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:38 AM   #560
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2030 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

Not only that but you gotta stop whatever you are towing too. I don't
know what the max towing for dads truck is, I think he said around 19 or 20 thousand, I would want to know for damn sure that the trailer brakes and the truck brakes are in very good order. His are by the way.