Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 52
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 03:08 AM   #511
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Like saying "I'm gonna fart a stire"? (My grandmother). Or, "bass ackwards"?

I don't think it's quite the same, but pretty damn close.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #512
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8966 Times on 5210 Posts
Likes Given: 11788

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Like saying "I'm gonna fart a stire"? (My grandmother). Or, "bass ackwards"?

I don't think it's quite the same, but pretty damn close.

My Dad accidentally used to use Spoonerisms once in awhile. Apparently Spooner himself did it unintentionally and frequently.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:10 AM   #513

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You can ask Cinder, I do it all the time. I don't even bother correcting myself, I just roll with it. If everyone knows what I mean, why the hell not?

Old 08-25-2013, 04:45 AM   #514
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2140 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Not quite...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #515
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 835 Times on 395 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieboy View Post
Not contradicting you but something similar. When the person who knows alot about the subject gets pissy at the guy who knows nothing because the experienced guy skimmed a simple procedure. To him it may be simple but to the new guy it may be complicated.
Or when someone not technical asks you something a little technical and you give a simplified answer. Later they come back with “Well, I looked that up on the Internet and actually, it’s not that way. It’s THIS way. I just thought you would want to know." Usually it’s a woman who does that.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #516
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
Or when someone not technical asks you something a little technical and you give a simplified answer. Later they come back with “Well, I looked that up on the Internet and actually, it’s not that way. It’s THIS way. I just thought you would want to know." Usually it’s a woman who does that.
i just love when someone asks for technical advice on something they know nothing about and then will try and correct you because they read something somewhere else.

the saying a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, rings true in these cases. these people tend to be their own worst enemies and are usually a waste of time and energy in trying to teach them anything.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #517
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

well i have a new pet peeve an it involves this or many other forums.

a person will ask what is the best pistol to buy, or the best SD ammo to use, or fill in the blanks.

well the pet peeve part is that people will automatically suggest their brand of pistol or ammo or whatever the question was about.

hmmmmm.......what if that pistol doesn't fit their hand well? wonder how well they will be able shoot a pistol that doesn't fit them?

what if the brand of ammo you use doesn't feed well in their firearm?

just because a pistol fits you well or a particular caliber works well for you as far as recoil, or your brand of ammo works well in your firearm, does that mean it will automatically work for someone else. maybe, maybe not.

this is the reason many times i will not make specific brand suggestions to people. now if asked about a specific brand i will geive my impressions and opinions on what i experianced or what i think about it, and let that person make theirown mind up on what to do.

(okay, climbing off my soapbox. rant off!)

Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #518
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

a person will ask what is the best pistol to buy, or the best SD ammo to use, or fill in the blanks.

well the pet peeve part is that people will automatically suggest their brand of pistol or ammo or whatever the question was about.

hmmmmm.......what if that pistol doesn't fit their hand well? wonder how well they will be able shoot a pistol that doesn't fit them?

just because a pistol fits you well or a particular caliber works well for you as far as recoil, or your brand of ammo works well in your firearm, does that mean it will automatically work for someone else. maybe, maybe not.

this is the reason many times i will not make specific brand suggestions to people. now if asked about a specific brand i will geive my impressions and opinions on what i experianced or what i think about it, and let that person make theirown mind up on what to do.

Spot on Axxe..

One of the very first comments I always make is what fits your hand well... Then start from there.

Become steel or get cut.
People Like This 
Old 08-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #519
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
Spot on Axxe..

One of the very first comments I always make is what fits your hand well... Then start from there.
"If the grip don't fit, don't commit" .............
Old 08-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #520
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8966 Times on 5210 Posts
Likes Given: 11788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

I just hate how those threads turn into a big pissing match over people's favorite guns.

Get over yourselves people! You aren't nearly as important as you think, and nobody really cares as much about your opinion as you do. Even if they asked for it.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This