Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 51
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #501
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
Kewl story Bro... Embrace the Brony....

Or... maybe just a lack of civil maturity and vocabulary?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #502
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

one of my pet peeves. people who say they no nothing about a subject and want to learn, but then want to question someone that is knowledgeable on that subject as if they didn't know what they were talking about.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #503

Liked 74 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
one of my pet peeves. people who say they no nothing about a subject and want to learn, but then want to question someone that is knowledgeable on that subject as if they didn't know what they were talking about.
Not contradicting you but something similar. When the person who knows alot about the subject gets pissy at the guy who knows nothing because the experienced guy skimmed a simple procedure. To him it may be simple but to the new guy it may be complicated.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #504
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieboy View Post
Not contradicting you but something similar. When the person who knows alot about the subject gets pissy at the guy who knows nothing because the experienced guy skimmed a simple procedure. To him it may be simple but to the new guy it may be complicated.
at my age, i tend to have less tolerance for those who don't pay attention or act like idiots with a learning disability.

what are they teaching youngster in school these days? sometimes i think they are skipping over reading and comprehension of the English language.

and with some and the texting, speaking english must also be difficult.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #505

Liked 74 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

at my age, i tend to have less tolerance for those who don't pay attention or act like idiots with a learning disability.

what are they teaching youngster in school these days? sometimes i think they are skipping over reading and comprehension of the English language.

I graduated from high school in 2010 and the English classes were quite comprehensive. However the overarching problem I noticed was teachers would never correct the gangster thugs who spek likea dis yo, because it was construed as racist. I don't see why but that's how it was. We now live in a country that's hypersensitive to race. I don't give damn what color you are but if you can't form a coherent sentence or prove you can spell then I have no sympathy. That's another pet peeve, people who treat me like a gangster because I'm in my 20s. I dress nicely in polos and shorts not jerseys and wife beaters
Old 08-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #506
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3287 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

I have a friend who leaves words out and replaces words that sound the same as the word she intends to use but the word she uses actually makes no sense. Like she told my other roommate she liked her rosemary. She meant rosary. (Trip, how is this easier than saying malaprop?) Makes me wonder if she wasn't taught right or maybe has a bit of a learning disorder.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #507

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

I have a friend who leaves words out and replaces words that sound the same as the word she intends to use but the word she uses actually makes no sense. Like she told my other roommate she liked her rosemary. She meant rosary. (Trip, how is this easier than saying malaprop?) Makes me wonder if she wasn't taught right or maybe has a bit of a learning disorder.
I don't know, but your sister says, "you're welkers" when I thanked her for the milkshake and fries. That's kinda.... different. You said that's the way kids talk these days, I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

Now, what does malaprop mean?

Last edited by trip286; 08-25-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #508
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3287 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

I don't know, but your sister says, "you're welkers" when I thanked her for the milkshake and fries. That's kinda.... different. You said that's the way kids talk these days, I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

Now, what does malaprop mean?
No, that's the way SHE talks, she's definitely different... Unlike welkers, malaprop is an actual word. It's replacing a word in a sentence with a different word that sounds the same but means something different and makes the sentence nonsensical. Like saying rosemary instead of rosary.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

People Like This 
Old 08-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #509

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

No, that's the way SHE talks, she's definitely different... Unlike welkers, malaprop is an actual word. It's replacing a word in a sentence with a different word that sounds the same but means something different and makes the sentence nonsensical. Like saying rosemary instead of rosary.
Aha. I gets it.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #510
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Quote:
Like a Spoonerism?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoonerism

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.