Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 48
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #471
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks
I hate it when someone brings up a cause, such as signing a petition to protect the 2nd Amendment , and when you decide you'd like to sign it a donation is required. I got a ballot in the mail the otherday asking for my vote about Tax Increases, I know which way Id vote because it seems like every week Im being legally robbed from my check. But I continue to read and they want a "donation" of 20, 25, 50, 100, or 250 bucks.

I understand that every organization needs funds to operate but does my opinion not count unless I give you money? Thing is I just cant spare the extra funds right now.
Geez I hate that too. I usually will fill out the survey and check "no donation". What I hate is when they put the caption "No I will not support the 2nd amendment." Next to it.
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #472
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith91 View Post
Geez I hate that too. I usually will fill out the survey and check "no donation". What I hate is when they put the caption "No I will not support the 2nd amendment." Next to it.
I toss those in the trash. Not one of those outfits spends a single dime on protecting our rights. They are out and out shills looking to make a buck off of our patriotism. No better than those outfits that call soliciting donations for veterans, police, homeless or any other of a million causes but when the rubber meets the road they spend nothing on the cause and all of the money goes into their pockets. I strongly suggest that every time you receive one of those solicitations you toss it and make a donation to the NRA, GOA or your own ammo fund. It would be money much better spent. (This coming from a guy who strongly dislikes the NRA for its fundraising tactics!!)
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I toss those in the trash. Not one of those outfits spends a single dime on protecting our rights. They are out and out shills looking to make a buck off of our patriotism. No better than those outfits that call soliciting donations for veterans, police, homeless or any other of a million causes but when the rubber meets the road they spend nothing on the cause and all of the money goes into their pockets. I strongly suggest that every time you receive one of those solicitations you toss it and make a donation to the NRA, GOA or your own ammo fund. It would be money much better spent. (This coming from a guy who strongly dislikes the NRA for its fundraising tactics!!)
This is the NRA I'm talking about! I'm a member but that letter they sent pissed me off

Old 08-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith91 View Post
This is the NRA I'm talking about! I'm a member but that letter they sent pissed me off
I agree. Pissing off the membership is not going to do them any good whatsoever. I couldn't afford to re-up my membership this year, at least not right now. With tactics like that I won't be re-upping unless I am really able to afford it. We need the NRA to defend our 2A rights, as grotesque as I feel the tactics they use are, they are necessary. And this takes money.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #475

Yanno what really pisses me off to no end? I mean this really gets me going. Its when dog owners (of which I am one) take their dog for a walk and when the dog takes a crap, they put the sh!t in a little plastic baggie.....

AND THEN LEAVE THE FVCKING THING LYING THERE ON THE GROUND RIGHT WHERE THE DAMNED DOG SH!T IT OUT!!! BUT NOW, NOT ONLY IS IT DOG SH!T LYING ON THE GROUND, IT IS WRAPPED IN PROTECTIVE PLASTIC SO IT CAN'T FVCKING GO AWAY NATURALLY!

SERIOUSLY? DO THEY THINK THE DOG SH!T FAIRY IS GOING TO COME BY AND PICK IT UP AND DISPOSE OF IT PROPERLY FOR THEM?!?!?!? WTF PEOPLE?!?!?!?!

I see these little baggies of dog sh!t all over the place, but what really irks me is when somebody does it on my property. I have a pretty big piece of land where I grow some pick-your-own crops. Every frigging year I get a bunch of these *******s who leave their plastic-wrapped turds behind for me to pick up--- IF I happen to see them before I mow the grass, by which time the sh!t has now fermented in plastic for who knows how long.

Good GOD this pisses me off!
People Like This 
Old 08-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #476
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Yanno what really pisses me off to no end? I mean this really gets me going. Its when dog owners (of which I am one) take their dog for a walk and when the dog takes a crap, they put the sh!t in a little plastic baggie.....

AND THEN LEAVE THE FVCKING THING LYING THERE ON THE GROUND RIGHT WHERE THE DAMNED DOG SH!T IT OUT!!! BUT NOW, NOT ONLY IS IT DOG SH!T LYING ON THE GROUND, IT IS WRAPPED IN PROTECTIVE PLASTIC SO IT CAN'T FVCKING GO AWAY NATURALLY!

SERIOUSLY? DO THEY THINK THE DOG SH!T FAIRY IS GOING TO COME BY AND PICK IT UP AND DISPOSE OF IT PROPERLY FOR THEM?!?!?!? WTF PEOPLE?!?!?!?!

I see these little baggies of dog sh!t all over the place, but what really irks me is when somebody does it on my property. I have a pretty big piece of land where I grow some pick-your-own crops. Every frigging year I get a bunch of these *******s who leave their plastic-wrapped turds behind for me to pick up--- IF I happen to see them before I mow the grass, by which time the sh!t has now fermented in plastic for who knows how long.

Good GOD this pisses me off!
Our HOA has little "Doggy Poop" stations consisting of a can and a dispenser for Poop "Mitts".... Too bad some folks don't use em...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Our HOA has little "Doggy Poop" stations consisting of a can and a dispenser for Poop "Mitts".... Too bad some folks don't use em...
I don't care if they leave their sh!t lying there on the ground out here in the boonies, because it will just disappear in a few days naturally. Not so if it is entombed in plastic though. That sh!t is there forever!

Many years ago I saw a woman tuck a baby diaper into a wire fence on one of the public parks in my community. I yelled at her and told her to throw it in the garbage can or take it with her. She didn't (naturally!), but as a sort of experiment I just left it there to see what would happen. It stayed there for nearly TEN YEARS!!!! before I got fed up and threw it in the garbage.

That plastic stuff lasts a long, long, long time, even out in the elements for years on end.

So, if you aren't going to throw your dog sh!t in a garbage can, or haul it off in your car, then don't bother bagging it in the first place!
People Like This 
Old 08-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #478
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1070 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yanno what really pisses me off to no end?...
So you're sayin' you're upset?? .......
People Like This 
Old 08-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #479

I hate it when lids don't fit properly! Don't hand me a cup with a mismatched lid because the moment I grip the damn cup the beverage spills all over me!
People Like This 
Old 08-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #480
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1070 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieboy View Post
I hate it when lids don't fit properly! Don't hand me a cup with a mismatched lid because the moment I grip the damn cup the beverage spills all over me!
Like Starbucks filling to overflowing ......
texaswoodworker Likes This