Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #401
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

I call those "ernie turds" LMFAO!
Why Ernie turds???
Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #402
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2998 Times on 1672 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post

Why Ernie turds???
I didn't get it either?

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:38 AM   #403
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Why Ernie turds???
You have to earn them....

Old 08-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #404
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Yep, being a truck driver I hate tailgaters too.

What Ive found works great for tailgaters. After a rain when the road has dried but the rumble strip on the highway still has water in it Ill run my trailer tires on the rumble strip which picks up the rain water between the ribs and sprays it all over the tailgaters windshield. I keep doing it till they back off. Best thing is doing that is perfectly legal unlike a sudden brake check.

I once had a car tailgating me on I40 in New Mexico, this guy wouldnt back off for nothin. He was stuck to my DOT bumper for like 10 miles. He couldnt pass because we were in a single lane construction zone. I was pulling a 53' stepdeck flatbed trailer, 10' spread. The outside tire on the rear axle on the drivers side blew off its recap, not just a little piece either. Every square inch of road contacting tread peeled off, it came off with such force it ripped off the 1/4 inch thick steel mudflap hanger too. Needless to say when the recap, mudflap and steel hanger became airborn just in front of his car he opted to run down a couple of orange barrels and hit the shoulder than stand his ground in the lane behind me. Luckily it was sunday and no construction workers were onsite. Id be willing to bet he doesnt tailgate trucks anymore....lol!
And THIS ^^^ is one of the reasons why I try to stay away from semis on the road.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:48 AM   #405
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1674 Times on 1020 Posts
Likes Given: 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post

What Ive found works great for tailgaters. After a rain when the road has dried but the rumble strip on the highway still has water in it Ill run my trailer tires on the rumble strip which picks up the rain water between the ribs and sprays it all over the tailgaters windshield. I keep doing it till they back off. Best thing is doing that is perfectly legal unlike a sudden brake check.

I once had a car tailgating me on I40 in New Mexico, this guy wouldnt back off for nothin. He was stuck to my DOT bumper for like 10 miles. He couldnt pass because we were in a single lane construction zone. I was pulling a 53' stepdeck flatbed trailer, 10' spread. The outside tire on the rear axle on the drivers side blew off its recap, not just a little piece either. Every square inch of road contacting tread peeled off, it came off with such force it ripped off the 1/4 inch thick steel mudflap hanger too. Needless to say when the recap, mudflap and steel hanger became airborn just in front of his car he opted to run down a couple of orange barrels and hit the shoulder than stand his ground in the lane behind me. Luckily it was sunday and no construction workers were onsite. Id be willing to bet he doesnt tailgate trucks anymore....lol!
(Apologize in advance for the double negative here, ZG...)

There's almost nothing I wouldn't give to have been there to see that event!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 08-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #406

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

I've always tried to give 18 wheelers their space and have a little respect for them. With out you guys we couldn't go to kroger and pick up a gallon of milk and loaf of bread. Usually I'm on my way to a movie or gun shop that's open all day and you guys are at work. Ever since my step father got his cdl, I tend to hold up traffic to let them over a little more often too my favorite pet peeve is when your on a 2 lane highway and other people seem to think the safe distance you put between you and the next guy is a gap for them to squeeze in to. Or when there's been a lane ends sign for 5 miles and they try to race to get as far up as they can. Those are the ones that usually end up eating orange barrels lol

Old 08-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #407

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:

Why Ernie turds???
A guy I used to work with referred to them as "ernie turds" once, the term kinda stuck.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #408

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

And THIS ^^^ is one of the reasons why I try to stay away from semis on the road.
A smart man, when you see what an exploding truck tire can do you learn to keep your distance.

And yes it was pretty funny to see him learn his leason.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #409

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Sorry. The drop in standards leaves me with less and less respect for the trucking industry overall.

Peeve: when a waitress asks me what my son wants. **** if I know, why don't ya ask him?

Old 08-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #410
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1150 Times on 675 Posts
Likes Given: 1717

One pet peeve I have is idiots who pretend to have authority they don't really have in order to intimidate or impress others. A "frequent flyer" here is the low-lifer who pretends to be a cop to scare somebody into doing something. One incident that comes to mind is back in the 90's I got a divorce, and my ex-wife had (has) 2 sons. At that time they were teenagers. They'd talked me into signing for them to have cell phones. A couple of months later, I got a knock on my door, with some turkey yelling "Open up. This is Detective Bates. Open the door". When I opened the door this turkey in a suit pulled back his coat to show me a phony "Private Detective" badge hanging on his belt, and made sure I saw his .357 also on his belt. He told me I owed $1600 on those cell phones, and I was to either give him the money or the phones. Obviously he was pretending to be a cop to scare me. So I said I'd go with him to the phone company and pay them. I called the phone store with him listening, told them some guy had threatened me with a gun and demanded money. Then I got my Dan Wesson 744VH, a .44 mag with 6 inch barrel, strapped it on (I had a proper permit), to go to the phone store. His eyes got as big as eggs, and he turned pale (even though he was a black man). I went to the store, paid the bill, had the phones deactivated. He was really apologetic about his charade, and hoped I wouldn't get him in trouble. Since his name was Bates, I started calling him "Master Bates", and rubbed it in. Maybe he learned something, I don't know.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 08-12-2013 at 05:26 PM.