Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 03:52 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

People going 60 in the far left lane on the freeway, I'm not one to get angry but this makes me see red

Old 06-10-2013, 04:06 AM   #32

Liked 26 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
Tip jars on every counter of every damn convenience store, fast food joint, coffee palace, donut shop, gas station, drive-thru lane, etc., etc., etc.!
Agree 100% with this one. Don't they get paid an hourly wage like most folks

Old 06-10-2013, 04:19 AM   #33

Liked 2485 Times on 1458 Posts
Likes Given: 569

IRregardless. It's a flippin' double negative jackasses.

Regardless is the word you're looking for.

Similarly, "I could care less". Ok, so you dou care and it is possible for you to care less than you do right now. I bet you meant "I couldn't care less", which would imply that you care so little that it is not possible for you to care any less.

It doesn't bothere so much when your every day Joe says these things, but I hear people who get paid to talk, or teach, saying these things. I figure they should know better.

Another one is folks who can't seem to get their belt above their boxers.
People Like This 
Old 06-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #34

Liked 232 Times on 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
The louder the muffler, the higher the rpm, the smaller the testes! Enuff said.
I'd imagine it'd take some big balls to hit 300mph in 3 seconds in a 1000ft lol. 8500rpms and loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage. Bet all the top fuel racers are hung like mice though You knew some gear head on hear was gonna tease you for that post lol
eatmydust Likes This 
Old 06-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #35

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
haha, that's the funniest damn thing I've heard all day. Where do you live?
The Minneapolis area....we have an equal mix of quite and loud mufflers, so you take your chances if you plan on a visit.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #36

Liked 483 Times on 312 Posts
Likes Given: 4

1)Shopping carts all over a store parking lot. Walk ten extra feet and use the cart corral!
2) Working customer service. People who can't get off the cell phone long enough to conduct their business with me.
3) Smokers who think the world is their ashtray.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #37

Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2022

Drives me crazy when people use the word "enthused", its a past tense verb. One cannot "be" enthused, one can only enthuse a point.

EX: That steak was delicious, Johnny enthused.

I know it's weird, put its a pet peeve

Old 06-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #38
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6792 Times on 3610 Posts
Likes Given: 506

it drives me nuts when people use the "it is what it is" crap when they cant think of anything to say. its a retarded saying.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
improvised_prepper Likes This 
Old 06-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #39

Liked 3620 Times on 2067 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

Tailgaters! The closer they drive, the slower I drive!

Just yesterday morning, I had some numbnuts in a little rice burner half way up my tailpipe. I live in Amish country and I could tell by the horse and buggy tracks and piles of fresh horse manure that local bible study was just up the road. I tried to drive thru as much horse $h!t as poss. to try to fling some on that little rice turds windshield!!
People Like This 
Old 06-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #40

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts

I have worked retail for the last 8 years. I have owned several small businesses and have worked in the manufacturing industry for over 8 years. I also am 20 yrs retired Army
Nothing will open your eyes to how humanity has degraded like working retail. This does not apply to all, but that are quite a few people think that some how they feel they are special and need to be assisted accordingly. They steal all the time from the retail stores in the name of customer service because they feel slighted in some trivial way and now they need compensation for all they have gone though. Customers are routinely rude to workers because they assume your stupid as you would obviously have a better job than this if you were smart enough.

Military people the get indignant when they can not stack a military 10% on top of existing promos because of store policy. They some how translate this into not respecting the men and women in uniform and the scarf ice all soldiers have made. I volunteered for service in 1971. No one drafted me, I knew what I was getting into and expected to get nothing in return. Certainly if I am offered a discount I take it. I do not nor have I ever felt like I was owed special treatment because of past or current Military status. Those that do need to grow up you embarrass me. Just treat me as you want to be treated and I will be your best friend and help you all I can. I have to tell you though insulting me, being rude to me does not and will not get you better service.
Mason609 Likes This