Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #351
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 455 Times on 283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

one of my pet peeves is the ones that ask a question, thinking others think like they do, then get all butthurt because most people think what they have asked or they happen to do is stupid or ill advised.

well a long time ago, i learned, don't ask a question unless you are prepard to handle all possible answers given.

kind of like asking your wife if she's cheating on you. there is no way i would ever ask that question unless i knew that i could handle the answer being yes and what my actions were going to be afterwards. like finding a very good lawyer and a new place to live!
Your right about that

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #352

Liked 179 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF
I am starting to hate the threads asking what gun should I buy or should I carry a round in the chamber.
I like getting ripped on for having an opinion in threads
Old 08-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #353

Liked 16792 Times on 9734 Posts
Likes Given: 43819

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
I like getting ripped on for having an opinion in threads
that means you have a thick skin and will survive!

i have viewpoints and opinions that sometimes are not popular by the majority, but they are mine and and sometimes being unpopular is not foreign to me by any means.
People Like This 
Old 08-11-2013, 01:36 AM   #354

Liked 219 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Unfortunately you are incorrect.
Why? If you reward bad service you are doomed to keep getting it. I know it's popular opinion to think that they work for tips, and they often do. I believe if they need the tips they should try to earn them, not just expect them. If I get bad service I do two things. 1...tip in change, and 2 go somewhee else the next time. I always tip well for good service..that's it's purpose. It's not there to reward bad service, no matter how little the salary is.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 08-11-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #355
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

that means you have a thick skin and will survive!

i have viewpoints and opinions that sometimes are not popular by the majority, but they are mine and and sometimes being unpopular is not foreign to me by any means.
Yeah, Axxe is the meanest person I know :P

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

People Like This 
Old 08-11-2013, 02:01 AM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Yeah, Axxe is the meanest person I know :P
Shhhhhhhh....... some people think i'm a nice person!

my second wife use to ask me if i was born an SOB, or did i work at it. i told her, i was born one and that i worked at being one everyday!

she was never really thrilled with my answer!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #357
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7299 Times on 4239 Posts
Likes Given: 9406

[quote=Missouribound;1332161]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Unfortunately you are incorrect.
QUOTE]

Why? If you reward bad service you are doomed to keep getting it. I know it's popular opinion to think that they work for tips, and they often do. I believe if they need the tips they should try to earn them, not just expect them. If I get bad service I do two things. 1...tip in change, and 2 go somewhee else the next time. I always tip well for good service..that's it's purpose. It's not there to reward bad service, no matter how little the salary is.
If you read the full text that I wrote, I should have said that F4U and his wife are both correct, so I stand corrected sir.

Wait staff are frequently paid poorly in comparison to the work they do and this is more frequently done at lower end food joints. That does not necessarily mean that they should automatically be given a tip. As F4U said, a tip should be earned. What I disagree with him is where he said
Quote:
I don't think I really ever convinced her that a tip was a reward for good service not a regular part of the paycheck.
For many, it is considered a regular part of their paycheck. The IRS even taxes wait staff on a calculated tip. A really good waiter takes home substantially more in tips though. This is why I always leave the tip in cash even when paying by credit card, especially when the tip is significantly higher than "standard".

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 08-11-2013, 03:43 AM   #358
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!

Liked 2068 Times on 1426 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943
When they use the angled parking places WITH directional driving arrows, people driving the wrong way either ignore you, scowl at you, or give some dumb sheepish smile as the pass you head-on.

(maybe the same people who leave the carts sitting out in the parking spaces.)
AND,..the People who PARK in Safety zones JUST BECAUSE they have a disability Plate or permit!! We have one, and we NEVER park where we aren't supposed to.......

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-11-2013, 03:45 AM   #359
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!

Liked 2068 Times on 1426 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943

Should I carry a bed in the gun chamber?
heh heh...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 08-11-2013, 03:48 AM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
AND,..the People who PARK in Safety zones JUST BECAUSE they have a disability Plate or permit!! We have one, and we NEVER park where we aren't supposed to.......
oh that will piss me off to no end, to see someone without a handicap permit or plate park in a handicap parking spot. i have notified store management before several times. i find it to be in very poor taste and rude for a perfectly healthy person to use one just because they are too lazy to walk a few more steps.

and if they would actually start enforcing the law concerning this by towing and impounding the vehicle and then fining the offender, they would go much further in detering this behaviour.
People Like This