Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 35
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #341
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1373 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
or eating at places simply called "EATS"!
Was talking to a neighbor the other day. He travels a lot for work and his traveling partner has a rule for choosing a local mom and pop restaurant. Look through the window if there is a fair size crowd and you see a lot of gray hair you know A: The food is good B: The prices are reasonable.
People Like This 
Old 08-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #342
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

one of my pet peeves is Denny's. they make good omelettes, hash browns, bacon and biscuits. but the hamburgers and chicken fried steaks are horrible. pretty much anything on the breakfast menu is good, but stray away from that, and the food goes downhill quick!

Old 08-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #343
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Default Walmart Parking Lots

When they use the angled parking places WITH directional driving arrows, people driving the wrong way either ignore you, scowl at you, or give some dumb sheepish smile as the pass you head-on.

(maybe the same people who leave the carts sitting out in the parking spaces.)
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #344

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr

Ok, sushi and Oklahoma just do not seem to go together anyway.
Might as well head down to Joe's Bait & Tackle for dinner.
Well that's why we were so excited to find a decent place but apparently only my family can enjoy nice sushi. Once I show up, they're like "oh that guy lets piss him off!"

Old 08-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
When they use the angled parking places WITH directional driving arrows, people driving the wrong way either ignore you, scowl at you, or give some dumb sheepish smile as the pass you head-on.

(maybe the same people who leave the carts sitting out in the parking spaces.)
i pissed one lady off at WalMart a couple of months ago over the same thing. she was going the wrong direction down the lane and i just stopped, and she couldn't go any further. she kept motioning for me to move, but that wasn't happening. then she started cussing me and shaking her fist at me. i started easing closer and closer to her. i think she had a moment of clarity in realizing that i wasn't backing up and that my big 4wd truck was much bigger than her little import! i backed her up until i got to where i wanted park. once i got out she started cussing me again. i just smiled and held up my cell phone and told her that i just reported a possible beligerant drunk driver with a description of her car and LP number. she cussed me some more as she sped off. i wonder if the cops found her?
People Like This 
Old 08-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #346
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

The last time I went to Denny's is also my final time. I wet in there on a Saturday morning, and there were 2 other tables occupied. The "waitress" finally showed up and took my order: 2 scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, toast, and milk. She appeared to be in a daze, like she was on some kind of dope or something. After an eternity she brought me 2 scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. She said, "Will there be anything else?" I said Yes, I also ordered grits and milk. She went to the kitchen and shot the bull with a cook, brought me back a glass of milk. She said, "Will there be anything else?" I said "Yes, a bowl of grits". She walked to the kitchen, jabbered with the cook a while, then went to the other tables. She came back to my table, asked if everything was OK. I again reminded her of the grits, and she went to the kitchen. This was repeated SEVEN times. I finished the "meal", I left a penny on the table for a tip, and haven't been to a Denny's since. It wasn't that the grits were all that critical, but for them to have a waitress working there who was so wiped out on drugs that she couldn't do her job is more than I want to deal with.
People Like This 
Old 08-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #347
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 327 Posts

I am starting to hate the threads asking what gun should I buy or should I carry a round in the chamber.

"I'm an A**hole"

Last edited by SSGSF; 08-10-2013 at 11:03 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #348
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
I am starting to hate the threads asking what gun should I buy or should I carry one in the chamber.
Should I carry a bed in the gun chamber?

Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #349
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8666 Times on 5171 Posts
Likes Given: 11418

Quote:
I am starting to hate the threads asking what gun should I buy or should I carry one in the chamber.
Well, this IS a firearms forum, after all. We're here to answer questions and give others information.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #350

Quote:
I am starting to hate the threads asking what gun should I buy or should I carry a round in the chamber.
one of my pet peeves is the ones that ask a question, thinking others think like they do, then get all butthurt because most people think what they have asked or they happen to do is stupid or ill advised.

well a long time ago, i learned, don't ask a question unless you are prepard to handle all possible answers given.

kind of like asking your wife if she's cheating on you. there is no way i would ever ask that question unless i knew that i could handle the answer being yes and what my actions were going to be afterwards. like finding a very good lawyer and a new place to live!
People Like This