Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 31
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Pet peeves...we all got'em


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 02:50 AM   #301
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
F4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,797
Liked 1449 Times on 859 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
for me, it depends on where i'm eating out at. fast food joint, i make up my mind by the time it's my turn to order and i am ready to get going ASAP. now a really nice restaraunt, i want my dining experiance as enjoyable as possible.
I eat out more now since becoming single. I tend to order the same meal at each restaurant, If the service is decent I leave a slightly better than average tip, usually by the third visit the service is excellent and they know what I will order. I then make the tip even more generous.
F4U is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #302
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,474
Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
OK Pet Peeve

I can't stand when i'm sitting down at a meal eating and someone decides it's time to get the old snot rag out and start snortin' and honkin' at the dinner table??
Geeez Go to the bathroom and be considerate to others!!
Ok this happened a couple weeks ago at a Hospital Cafeteria.

My Mom was having a lenthgy surgery,during the surgery my Aunt wanted something to eat. We my Aunt and I go to the Hospital Cafeteria,i'm not hungry so i'm just sitting there chatting with my Aunt....That's when it happened!!
This big woman gets up of course after she's done eating,while standing there,yep she gets her snot rag out and honks off a snortin' snottin' tune!!!...Well I guess it was just too much pressure for the big gal? She let a Fart a Timberjack would've of been proud of!!

I was looking at her thinking, good gawd!! I'm glad I wasn't eating!!

And there's another pet peeve!
MOshooter is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:11 AM   #303
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
Ok this happened a couple weeks ago at a Hospital Cafeteria.

My Mom was having a lenthgy surgery,during the surgery my Aunt wanted something to eat. We my Aunt and I go to the Hospital Cafeteria,i'm not hungry so i'm just sitting there chatting with my Aunt....That's when it happened!!
This big woman gets up of course after she's done eating,while standing there,yep she gets her snot rag out and honks off a snortin' snottin' tune!!!...Well I guess it was just too much pressure for the big gal? She let a Fart a Timberjack would've of been proud of!!

I was looking at her thinking, good gawd!! I'm glad I wasn't eating!!

And there's another pet peeve!
well if she had let a big ole belch rip off, she would have a trifecta!
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:13 AM   #304
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TankTop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,652
Liked 1089 Times on 580 Posts

Default

Just my two cents, if go to a restaurant by yourself and take a whole table (not counter seat) the 15% goes out the window. I'm married and still occasionally want a night out by myself. If I want a table and have a $30 meal, good service gets a $10-$15 tip, average to poor gets 15%. It takes a lot for me to not tip at all, generally at that point I'm leaving without eating.
TankTop is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:19 AM   #305
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Just my two cents, if go to a restaurant by yourself and take a whole table (not counter seat) the 15% goes out the window. I'm married and still occasionally want a night out by myself. If I want a table and have a $30 meal, good service gets a $10-$15 tip, average to poor gets 15%. It takes a lot for me to not tip at all, generally at that point I'm leaving without eating.
if i get good service i will tip accordingly. if i get lousy service, i refuse to tip at all. i will not reward sub-par service.
Axxe55 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:26 AM   #306
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,474
Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
well if she had let a big ole belch rip off, she would have a trifecta!
LOL I just don't understand some people??
Everyone near by was looking at her,she didn't say a word and just strolled off with her tray in one hand,snot rag in the other?
MOshooter is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #307
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
LOL I just don't understand some people??
Everyone near by was looking at her,she didn't say a word and just strolled off with her tray in one hand,snot rag in the other?
classy lady!
Axxe55 is offline  
MOshooter Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:21 AM   #308
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
F4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,797
Liked 1449 Times on 859 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Just my two cents, if go to a restaurant by yourself and take a whole table (not counter seat) the 15% goes out the window. I'm married and still occasionally want a night out by myself. If I want a table and have a $30 meal, good service gets a $10-$15 tip, average to poor gets 15%. It takes a lot for me to not tip at all, generally at that point I'm leaving without eating.
Usually sit in the bar so I can watch the Indians play, when they know what I will order, and my drink glass never gets empty I usually tip between 25% and 40%. depending on the meal.

I once got followed out of a restaurant for leaving a bad tip, the service was terrible and I left something like a quarter to show my displeasure, The waiter was livid that I didn't reward bad service and followed us out the door, I started to turn to answer the waiter in detail and my then wife dragged me down the street before things got out of hand.
F4U is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:26 AM   #309
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Usually sit in the bar so I can watch the Indians play, when they know what I will order, and my drink glass never gets empty I usually tip between 25% and 40%. depending on the meal.

I once got followed out of a restaurant for leaving a bad tip, the service was terrible and I left something like a quarter to show my displeasure, The waiter was livid that I didn't reward bad service and followed us out the door, I started to turn to answer the waiter in detail and my then wife dragged me down the street before things got out of hand.
once i had a similiar experiance, when the waiter came up to the cash register and told the lady to add a tip to our credit card as we must have forgot. i informed him that i hadn't forgot a tip and wasn't leaving one and one had better not be added to my card. i also informed them i would never set foot into their restaraunt ever again, and i would tell my family and friends to not eat there as well.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #310
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
F4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,797
Liked 1449 Times on 859 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
once i had a similiar experiance, when the waiter came up to the cash register and told the lady to add a tip to our credit card as we must have forgot. i informed him that i hadn't forgot a tip and wasn't leaving one and one had better not be added to my card. i also informed them i would never set foot into their restaraunt ever again, and i would tell my family and friends to not eat there as well.
We were on vacation in Washington D.C. when this happened, my ex thought that a decent tip should just be automatically added to the bill, because "these people don't make much money otherwise" I don't think I really ever convinced her that a tip was a reward for good service not a regular part of the paycheck.
F4U is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Relationship pet peeves Zombiegirl The Club House 716 03-24-2013 04:10 PM



Newest Threads