Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 28
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1624 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 2638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
How are you on how to hang the toilet paper? Front of the roll or back?
The right way, of course Also, toilet lids/seats should remain in the "Up and Ready" postion.
toilet_paper_correct_direction.gif  
kryptar19 Likes This 
Old 06-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #272
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I like it the right way normally, but if there are kittens in the house it goes on the wrong way to limit the amount of toilet paper found in a pile on the floor after playtime (which is preceding and following naptime).
stratrider Likes This 
Old 06-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #273

Liked 58 Times on 39 Posts

People who take out a new roll of toilet paper but won't replace the old one. Is that really to much work?!
kryptar19 Likes This 
Old 06-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #274
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

When people end a sentence with a preposition,

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 06-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #275
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1377 Times on 672 Posts
Likes Given: 92

People who come to airports and do not seem to realize what the procedure for TSA is. It has not changed much in 12 years, and has been well publicized. Take off your belt, shoes, coat, empty your pockets and get out your laptop and liquids. How simple is that? It never fails someone has to hold all of us up behind them by not being prepared or arguing with that TSA person.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #276
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

one of my pet peaves is people who give advice on subjects they have no actual knowledge of. you see alot of it on forums. when questioned they have never actually owned or even shot a particular firearm, but they will give out advice on it like they are some expert on that firearm. usually it's bad advice because they have no idea as to what they are talking about.
People Like This 
Old 06-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #277
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1048 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
….The ones I like are the mature ladies who stand there for 5 minutes while their groceries - or whatever - are scanned and rung up and bagged and then, only after being presented with the amount, open up their suitcase purse, pull out a second purse and then start fishing to see what coins they might have to tender.

Do women not know ahead of that moment that they will have to pay? Is that why they wait until their stuff is bagged before getting the large purse off their shoulder and starting the search for coins and a wallet? Do they not remember that they need to pay after the cashier finishes scanning everything? Goldfish apparently have no short term memory, either.....
And if they are writing a personal check, they write it ever so slowly, in perfect script, then read it carefully,
re-check everything, fold it so it will tear out without tearing a corner, enter the amount in the log, then place the checkbook in it’s own special place in the purse, re-secure the purse strap around the handle of the cart…all before (finally!) accepting the receipt the cashier has been holding out to her. Then, after double-checking to make sure she has all her bags in the cart she slowly moves out of the lane.

Drives me nuts!
People Like This 
Old 06-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #278
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
And if they are writing a personal check, they write it ever so slowly, in perfect script, then read it carefully,
re-check everything, fold it so it will tear out without tearing a corner, enter the amount in the log, then place the checkbook in it’s own special place in the purse, re-secure the purse strap around the handle of the cart…all before (finally!) accepting the receipt the cashier has been holding out to her. Then, after double-checking to make sure she has all her bags in the cart she slowly moves out of the lane.

Drives me nuts!
agreed! this is why when we do our grocery shopping we go late at night or very early morning. we do most of ours at a 24 hour WalMart Supercenter. less crowds and you usually get through the checkout line pretty quick.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #279

Liked 1624 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 2638

I hate it when my speaker falls off my window at the drive in theater. Oh wait, that was like 35 years ago, lol.
People Like This 
Old 06-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #280

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
I hate it when my speaker falls off my window at the drive in theater. Oh wait, that was like 35 years ago, lol.

I hate it when people 'just can't let go'

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
stratrider Likes This