Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 236
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #2351
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
The Star Spangled Banner!!!

Stand up straight, more or less at attention, gentlemen remove your caps, place your hand over your heart (or salute if you've served or are in uniform) and face the flag!

You don't have to sing but at least shut your pie hole. Put your phone down. There is nothing for you to record. You don't need to "make a memory". Put your country before your personal desires for the few minutes it takes to pay a little respect to the country that allows you to have smartphones and our "poor" all have refrigerators and color TV.
Amen!!! It really P.O's me when the Banner is being sung at a NASCAR race or a ball game, and people are jabbering, laughing it up, and paying no attention to it.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #2352
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7647 Times on 4595 Posts
Likes Given: 9567

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Amen!!! It really P.O's me when the Banner is being sung at a NASCAR race or a ball game, and people are jabbering, laughing it up, and paying no attention to it.
And the athletes are still limbering up and keeping their muscles warm and spitting on the ground. Can't they just stand still for a couple minutes?
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 08-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #2353

Liked 517 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

That little rant was inspired by a high school event this past weekend. Kind of a pre-season event for Football games. A lot of people were still chatting away. Had their hands on their chests but otherwise pre-occupied.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 08-18-2014, 07:51 PM   #2354
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1354 Posts
Likes Given: 2399

No respect anymore. At least in a lot of places.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 08-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #2355
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7661 Times on 4166 Posts
Likes Given: 16063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
No respect anymore.
Rodney Dangerfield?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 08-19-2014, 12:20 AM   #2356
I used to play keyboards, but now...

Liked 2230 Times on 1354 Posts
Likes Given: 2399

Would be, but mostly he was just joking. 😈

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 08-19-2014, 12:58 AM   #2357

Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I went to a Champ car race a couple years ago, and there were a bunch of open pipe motorcycles doing stunts on the track all through the Star Spangled Banner!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:50 AM   #2358

Liked 62 Times on 42 Posts

Probably my number 1 pet peeve is people who crave attention and act weird to get it. I gotta deal with those douche bags everyday at school (junior year in high school). I very rarely ever get into fights. The only time I will ever start a fight is if I see someone mess with my girlfriend (hit, slap, shove into a locker, whatever). If I see that happen, I swear to god I will lay that some-b!$&# out.

I'm pretty sure it will probably be one of those attention cravers. My current girlfriend is my first girlfriend (terrible track record with girls) and they have been bugging us about it ever since we started dating.

Last edited by cva209x50; 08-24-2014 at 02:52 AM.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:27 AM   #2359
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1284 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 75

This may not be a new one, and I may have brought it up before (if not me I am sure someone else has), however I am tired of people who don't like something saying it should be banned. Of course that is at the heart of the gun banner's mantra.

Someone whined to me this week about listening to Sean Hannity. If you don't like him, listed to something else. I cannot stand Howard Stern, so I do not listen to him. Others like him.

There are any numbers of examples. Just ignore what you don't like. Look elsewhere. If it is legal and you don't like it, don't participate, but leave those that do enjoy it.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

People Like This 
Old 08-31-2014, 01:52 AM   #2360
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8691 Times on 5025 Posts
Likes Given: 11294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
This may not be a new one, and I may have brought it up before (if not me I am sure someone else has), however I am tired of people who don't like something saying it should be banned. Of course that is at the heart of the gun banner's mantra.

Someone whined to me this week about listening to Sean Hannity. If you don't like him, listed to something else. I cannot stand Howard Stern, so I do not listen to him. Others like him.

There are any numbers of examples. Just ignore what you don't like. Look elsewhere. If it is legal and you don't like it, don't participate, but leave those that do enjoy it.
I hear some people say that bans should be OK for people and organizations that espouse lies and deception, because that is not "protected" speech. To them I say balderdash. Let the liars and the cheats reveal themselves for the manipulative fools they are.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This