Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 12:52 AM   #2171
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1683 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I'm annoyed by slow people. I may be old but I walk fast, I push a shopping cart with a purpose and I drive about 5MPH over the speed limit. I'm not reckless but I like to make good time wherever I go. Of course everyone else (it seems) is in slow motion, dawdling aimlessly! ... Talking, texting on cellphones while driving, not paying attention, hogging the road. Young people are just as guilty as old when it comes to being "roadblocks". In the grocery store spaced out people jam the aisles and are clueless when you want to get through. At the gas station I seem to get behind the clueless ones that don't know how to operate the pump or take off a gas cap! Why am I always behind these people? I thought I was fast and they're slow but I'm always behind them!
Watch the movie Renaissance Man, Danny Devito. "They must have radio dispatched old people to drive in front of me..."

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-12-2014, 02:32 AM   #2172

Liked 698 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 731

Cars and guns being such expensive hobbies...

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-12-2014, 03:13 AM   #2173
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1683 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

People who should know better playing What Can I Get Away With Today? Grrrr....

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 07-12-2014, 03:23 AM   #2174
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!

Liked 2839 Times on 1947 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Default Pet peeves...we all got'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Caller I.D. is one of mankind's greatest inventions. If I don't recognize the name/number or if it's blocked, I don't answer the phone. If it's important, they'll leave a message. Got an ATT land line some years back when my first PC was dial-up. Glad I kept it when we had the big black out here in '03. It was about the only thing that worked that wasn't battery powered.

I remember August of 03 Black out very well. I was on the way to teach a class at an Apple Store in Manhattan,.. At least I was above Ground, another 6 or 7 minutes and I would have been underneath the Ground...on a commuter train...

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-12-2014, 03:41 AM   #2175
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6762 Times on 4086 Posts
Likes Given: 8096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
People who should know better playing What Can I Get Away With Today? Grrrr....
I want to hear the story..........

Old 07-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #2176
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3038 Times on 1695 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I'm annoyed by slow people. I may be old but I walk fast, I push a shopping cart with a purpose and I drive about 5MPH over the speed limit. I'm not reckless but I like to make good time wherever I go. Of course everyone else (it seems) is in slow motion, dawdling aimlessly! ... Talking, texting on cellphones while driving, not paying attention, hogging the road. Young people are just as guilty as old when it comes to being "roadblocks". In the grocery store spaced out people jam the aisles and are clueless when you want to get through. At the gas station I seem to get behind the clueless ones that don't know how to operate the pump or take off a gas cap! Why am I always behind these people? I thought I was fast and they're slow but I'm always behind them!
I move at a pretty good pace, I drive excessively fast, however my Dad was in a hurry my whole life, everywhere we went we were in a hurry. I've learned to slow certain things down and really appreciate them. It isn't like I'm taking my sweet time but I don't rush things like my Dad did, I think you miss out on life when you're always in such a hurry. The only time that I really do anything at a very fast pace is at work.

In other news, my pet peeve of the day: condescending douche dicks who act like they've never made a mistake in their entire lives. Eff you.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

People Like This 
Old 07-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #2177

Liked 225 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Pet Peeves ?
* Women who reject any guy who isn't taller than they are .

* Women who automatically reject significantly older men .

* Women who reject any guy who hunts...or disagrees with them on anything...or is too easy to push around...or doesn't have much money...or isn't their religion or is too nice a guy...or doesn't intend to get married...or is frugal...or doesn't drink / smoke / use drugs etc. etc. etc .

The big paradox of our time is that even with all of the legal hoops you have to jump through to buy a gun, it is still easier to get a gun than to get laid !

Old 07-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #2178
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3038 Times on 1695 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
Pet Peeves ?
* Women who reject any guy who isn't taller than they are .

* Women who automatically reject significantly older men .

* Women who reject any guy who hunts...or disagrees with them on anything...or is too easy to push around...or doesn't have much money...or isn't their religion or is too nice a guy...or doesn't intend to get married...or is frugal...or doesn't drink / smoke / use drugs etc. etc. etc .

The big paradox of our time is that even with all of the legal hoops you have to jump through to buy a gun, it is still easier to get a gun than to get laid !
What I got from this post is that you don't like women...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

People Like This 
Old 07-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #2179
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5683 Times on 2814 Posts
Likes Given: 6043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I move at a pretty good pace, I drive excessively fast, however my Dad was in a hurry my whole life, everywhere we went we were in a hurry. I've learned to slow certain things down and really appreciate them. It isn't like I'm taking my sweet time but I don't rush things like my Dad did, I think you miss out on life when you're always in such a hurry. The only time that I really do anything at a very fast pace is at work.

In other news, my pet peeve of the day: condescending douche dicks who act like they've never made a mistake in their entire lives. Eff you.
Cinde, I was a fast kid that got slowed down by too many tickets, an accident that left me with all kinds of new hardware in my face and a realization that time wasnt the factor, everything else was. Slowing down and moving steady has made me 10 times more efficient, effective and I havent gotten a speeding ticket in 25 years (knock on wood).

Life in the fast lane is way overated!
Old 07-13-2014, 03:07 AM   #2180

Liked 401 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Reminded of this today.

People who don't know how stop signs work. I know it can get a little awkward when two cars get there at the same time, but that's rarely a problem.

Not your turn? Don't go. It's simple. Don't be an opportunistic douche, wait your turn. It's called courtesy.

Is it your turn? Go. No really. Freakin' go! You're holding up traffic and screwing everything up "being nice". Do my blood pressure a favor and get your rusty jalopy through the intersection already. I swear you are a bigger problem than the opportunistic douche.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP

winds-of-change Likes This