Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 218
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 01:52 AM   #2171
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Balota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,422
Liked 2394 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 2511

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I'm annoyed by slow people. I may be old but I walk fast, I push a shopping cart with a purpose and I drive about 5MPH over the speed limit. I'm not reckless but I like to make good time wherever I go. Of course everyone else (it seems) is in slow motion, dawdling aimlessly! ... Talking, texting on cellphones while driving, not paying attention, hogging the road. Young people are just as guilty as old when it comes to being "roadblocks". In the grocery store spaced out people jam the aisles and are clueless when you want to get through. At the gas station I seem to get behind the clueless ones that don't know how to operate the pump or take off a gas cap! Why am I always behind these people? I thought I was fast and they're slow but I'm always behind them!
Watch the movie Renaissance Man, Danny Devito. "They must have radio dispatched old people to drive in front of me..."
__________________

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Balota is online now  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:32 AM   #2172
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,754
Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 925

Default

Cars and guns being such expensive hobbies...

__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:13 AM   #2173
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Balota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,422
Liked 2394 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 2511

Default

People who should know better playing What Can I Get Away With Today? Grrrr....

__________________

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Balota is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:23 AM   #2174
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 8,039
Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Pet peeves...we all got'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Caller I.D. is one of mankind's greatest inventions. If I don't recognize the name/number or if it's blocked, I don't answer the phone. If it's important, they'll leave a message. Got an ATT land line some years back when my first PC was dial-up. Glad I kept it when we had the big black out here in '03. It was about the only thing that worked that wasn't battery powered.

I remember August of 03 Black out very well. I was on the way to teach a class at an Apple Store in Manhattan,.. At least I was above Ground, another 6 or 7 minutes and I would have been underneath the Ground...on a commuter train...


Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk
__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:41 AM   #2175
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,939
Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
People who should know better playing What Can I Get Away With Today? Grrrr....
I want to hear the story..........
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #2176
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,623
Liked 3757 Times on 2083 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I'm annoyed by slow people. I may be old but I walk fast, I push a shopping cart with a purpose and I drive about 5MPH over the speed limit. I'm not reckless but I like to make good time wherever I go. Of course everyone else (it seems) is in slow motion, dawdling aimlessly! ... Talking, texting on cellphones while driving, not paying attention, hogging the road. Young people are just as guilty as old when it comes to being "roadblocks". In the grocery store spaced out people jam the aisles and are clueless when you want to get through. At the gas station I seem to get behind the clueless ones that don't know how to operate the pump or take off a gas cap! Why am I always behind these people? I thought I was fast and they're slow but I'm always behind them!
I move at a pretty good pace, I drive excessively fast, however my Dad was in a hurry my whole life, everywhere we went we were in a hurry. I've learned to slow certain things down and really appreciate them. It isn't like I'm taking my sweet time but I don't rush things like my Dad did, I think you miss out on life when you're always in such a hurry. The only time that I really do anything at a very fast pace is at work.


In other news, my pet peeve of the day: condescending douche dicks who act like they've never made a mistake in their entire lives. Eff you.
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #2177
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,040
Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Pet Peeves ?
* Women who reject any guy who isn't taller than they are .

* Women who automatically reject significantly older men .

* Women who reject any guy who hunts...or disagrees with them on anything...or is too easy to push around...or doesn't have much money...or isn't their religion or is too nice a guy...or doesn't intend to get married...or is frugal...or doesn't drink / smoke / use drugs etc. etc. etc .

The big paradox of our time is that even with all of the legal hoops you have to jump through to buy a gun, it is still easier to get a gun than to get laid !

__________________
Rentacop is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #2178
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,623
Liked 3757 Times on 2083 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
Pet Peeves ?
* Women who reject any guy who isn't taller than they are .

* Women who automatically reject significantly older men .

* Women who reject any guy who hunts...or disagrees with them on anything...or is too easy to push around...or doesn't have much money...or isn't their religion or is too nice a guy...or doesn't intend to get married...or is frugal...or doesn't drink / smoke / use drugs etc. etc. etc .

The big paradox of our time is that even with all of the legal hoops you have to jump through to buy a gun, it is still easier to get a gun than to get laid !
What I got from this post is that you don't like women...
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #2179
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 6,199
Liked 6934 Times on 3486 Posts
Likes Given: 7538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I move at a pretty good pace, I drive excessively fast, however my Dad was in a hurry my whole life, everywhere we went we were in a hurry. I've learned to slow certain things down and really appreciate them. It isn't like I'm taking my sweet time but I don't rush things like my Dad did, I think you miss out on life when you're always in such a hurry. The only time that I really do anything at a very fast pace is at work.


In other news, my pet peeve of the day: condescending douche dicks who act like they've never made a mistake in their entire lives. Eff you.
Cinde, I was a fast kid that got slowed down by too many tickets, an accident that left me with all kinds of new hardware in my face and a realization that time wasnt the factor, everything else was. Slowing down and moving steady has made me 10 times more efficient, effective and I havent gotten a speeding ticket in 25 years (knock on wood).

Life in the fast lane is way overated!
__________________
WebleyFosbery38 is online now  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:07 AM   #2180
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 848
Liked 517 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Default

Reminded of this today.

People who don't know how stop signs work. I know it can get a little awkward when two cars get there at the same time, but that's rarely a problem.

Not your turn? Don't go. It's simple. Don't be an opportunistic douche, wait your turn. It's called courtesy.

Is it your turn? Go. No really. Freakin' go! You're holding up traffic and screwing everything up "being nice". Do my blood pressure a favor and get your rusty jalopy through the intersection already. I swear you are a bigger problem than the opportunistic douche.

__________________

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

CrazedJava is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Relationship pet peeves Zombiegirl The Club House 716 03-24-2013 05:10 PM