Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 216
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 03:30 AM   #2151
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 594 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Default Does it have to be just one ?

Because I could make a list...LOL

1) OTHER Drivers...I am no speed demon and neither do I hold anyone up...call me a "crisp" driver..I leave enough room in front of me but not tons of car lengths, I go over the speed limit but not a lot...But between the tailgaters, speed demons (20 over the limit) and the pokies (can't quite seem to find the gas)..argggg.just writing it makes me boil ..lol

2) People who don't know how to use the freaking mens room at work. Serious. if you use one of those crappy toilet seat covers, FLUSH THE DANG THING when you are done...don't leave your ass cooties for me. And must you PISS on the seat ? Forget to flush ?

3) Cell phone addiction - okay, I understand people have to talk - but while standing at a urinal in the men's room? In an elevator ? On a checkout line ?

4) Rude people at the gun range. I bring 4 handguns and 1 rifle. There are benches behind the firing line to put your stuff...I have an organized bag and I take up about 1.5 ft. so why does the guy with 1 or two guns have to take up 4 feet of space...laying out all their ammo, etc.etc.

5) Rude service like they don't want to be there. cool. I don't want them there either. I do not hesitate to tell someone either (conversely, I heap praise on good service so it is not one sided)

6) Thank you ..I am done...this is good therapy...LOL

EDIT - HAD TO ADD ONE

6A) Rude neighbors who don't have a clue that you don't want to hear their damn music or their incessantly barking dog

Wow..I just read this back..I sound like a grumpy old man...

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Last edited by Defiant_one; 07-11-2014 at 03:33 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-11-2014, 03:39 AM   #2152
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22215 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

one that annoys me to no end, while sitting in restaurant trying to have an enjoyable meal, and there is some idiot talking loudly on a cell phone, to the point that it disrupts your meal, and many times it's some rather mundane conversation that didn't really have any real importance.

i have on several occasions called the manager over and voiced my displeasure at having my meal rudely interupted by a loud cell phone conversation. as a courtesy to others, i leave my cell phone in my truck when i go into some place to eat.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:49 AM   #2153
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4188 Times on 2341 Posts
Likes Given: 21112

Gossip ! Something missing in their lives when a person has nothing better to do then pry into everybody else's life . Get a life !

Old 07-11-2014, 04:07 AM   #2154
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8519 Times on 4582 Posts
Likes Given: 18037

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Gossip ! Something missing in their lives when a person has nothing better to do then pry into everybody else's life . Get a life !
Who are you talking about? You can tell us.

No offense and none taken

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 07-11-2014, 05:43 AM   #2155

Liked 2119 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Well, I'm just about geezin, so I'd have a litany of things that annoy me.
Do you want a list?

Gone turducken huntin'

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #2156

Liked 2119 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Defient, I have to comment on beef #2 (how appropriate), Youget toilet koozies?

Come on down to where I work. You take your chances.
We're not even offered butt koozies. If you need to pass a massive gassive, you either plunk your posterior down on the well used ring, or you find a dark corner and leave a loaf for the FNG to discover and hose down.
Oh. And NEVER pick up a rag in the basement.

Gone turducken huntin'

People Like This 
Old 07-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #2157
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7750 Times on 3965 Posts
Likes Given: 8800

Its hard to pick one but if I did, it would be adult hypocrites! God and I both have no use for them. I can respect someones views even if I disagree with them if they live what they say as much as they voice their expectations of others living what they think. By the time youve gotten old enough to say you have formulated your perspective as an adult, you should also have considered how they interplay with what you say. Ive heard way too many adults say things that absolutely go completely against other things they say way too often. When your putting yourself out there to he heard, you need to make sure your message isnt a Load of BS you dont live by yourself.

For instance, When Barry says were all going to have to suffer a little to revive this economy, my answer is "What did you give today Mr President?". Did you take one less 5 million dollar vacation to Hawaii last year, cut back on your trips to the golf course or give up your 100 parlor styles for a 12 dollar barber cut? Nope, the cameras prove it, life is pretty awesome for the POTUS and his Ilk, its only us in the cesspool between the Isles of Washington that are paying the price for their mistakes, he's off to another golf outing...

The same goes when my 33 year old daughter tells me her mom we need to fill in the gaps around the emergencies she creates herself at the same time she's saying she's an adult and doesnt need to hear our lectures! Obviously, she does need to hear it and probably needs to feel the power of he own bad choices more than what she does. Unfortunately, she also has 3 of our Grandchildren we care about more than ourselves so we probably will always fill in to avoid suffering by them for their Mother and Fathers childish hypocrisy until the day they surpass their idiot parents mentality and responsibility level (thats not gonna be that hard to do)!

I have zero use for Hypocrites and Liars, to me they are all about the same thing, same cut of fabric, filled with gaping holes that hold no water, they need to save it for the mirror cause its not working for me!

Old 07-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #2158

Liked 454 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Caller I.D. is one of mankind's greatest inventions. If I don't recognize the name/number or if it's blocked, I don't answer the phone. If it's important, they'll leave a message. Got an ATT land line some years back when my first PC was dial-up. Glad I kept it when we had the big black out here in '03. It was about the only thing that worked that wasn't battery powered.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #2159

Liked 1330 Times on 890 Posts
Likes Given: 856

Hmmm, I'm an impatient man. The list is long.

People who don't know what a YIELD sign means.

Old people who think that the big center isle in Walmart is the perfect place for a get-together.

Stupid people who make 10 lane changes to get 50 feet further down the road.

People who pull out in front of me, when I'm already going way too fast, and there is no one behind me.

People who spend a dollar to save a dime.

Lazy people.

New England weather. (If you don't like it, wait a minute, it will change)

Piss-poor craftsmanship.

People on the Dole who have no right to be.

Government.

People who don't make any sort of effort whatsoever to use proper grammar and spelling.

So I'll just stop there. That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface, but I don't want to bore you guys.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Quentin Likes This 
Old 07-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #2160

Liked 520 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
one that annoys me to no end, while sitting in restaurant trying to have an enjoyable meal, and there is some idiot talking loudly on a cell phone, to the point that it disrupts your meal, and many times it's some rather mundane conversation that didn't really have any real importance.
I actually don't care if they are on their cellphone. Just don't yell into it like it's a walkie-talkie from the Korean War.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

People Like This