Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 215
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 12:06 AM   #2141
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3452 Times on 1970 Posts
Likes Given: 2313

I was on hold just long enough to cancel my land line. By the time we got rid of the old Verizon wire, the only folks that called it were telemarketers and my F-I-L who had a cellphone. Saves us about $60/month.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #2142
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22085 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
I was on hold just long enough to cancel my land line. By the time we got rid of the old Verizon wire, the only folks that called it were telemarketers and my F-I-L who had a cellphone. Saves us about $60/month.
the only reason we still have a landline is simply because our cell phone reception where we live is very poor and if we needed emergency services, i would not want to get cut off.

BTW, the telemarketers have hit my cell phone on occasion.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #2143
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3452 Times on 1970 Posts
Likes Given: 2313

axxe - I understand, I live in S.E. PA and my wireless service is not 100%. There are valleys that I drive through here, where I can lose service.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:37 AM   #2144
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 593 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Default Axxe55...

Your phone doesn't come in through your cable does it ? If so, when power goes out, phone usually does to...

whatever happened to REAL landlines...Analog rules...LOL

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-11-2014, 12:49 AM   #2145

Liked 1101 Times on 775 Posts
Likes Given: 1115

I'm annoyed by slow people. I may be old but I walk fast, I push a shopping cart with a purpose and I drive about 5MPH over the speed limit. I'm not reckless but I like to make good time wherever I go. Of course everyone else (it seems) is in slow motion, dawdling aimlessly! ... Talking, texting on cellphones while driving, not paying attention, hogging the road. Young people are just as guilty as old when it comes to being "roadblocks". In the grocery store spaced out people jam the aisles and are clueless when you want to get through. At the gas station I seem to get behind the clueless ones that don't know how to operate the pump or take off a gas cap! Why am I always behind these people? I thought I was fast and they're slow but I'm always behind them!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

People Like This 
Old 07-11-2014, 01:30 AM   #2146
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22085 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant_one View Post
Your phone doesn't come in through your cable does it ? If so, when power goes out, phone usually does to...

whatever happened to REAL landlines...Analog rules...LOL
unless the phone lines are down at the same time, i still have phone service when the power goes out. if the power goes out, i do lose the use of the cordless phones though, but i still have one phone in my office that is hooked directly up to the phone jack.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:39 AM   #2147
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 195 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Most humans in central florida. The way people with NY or NJ tags drive. The women that work in my the office annoy the ever living **** out of me all day callin my phone wasting my time. The old Spanish speakin broad talkin that jibber jabber outside in the hallway at 11p and later leaning up against my wall right where I lay my head. That came to an end quickly.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:26 AM   #2148
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 944 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 453

I have used Vonage for many years and they have never raised their rates, yes taxes have gone up (duh) but their fee remains the same $25

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

People Like This 
Old 07-11-2014, 02:32 AM   #2149

Liked 53 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
phone rings. i answer it. there is a machine voice that comes on.

"Please wait for the next available operator, as we have a wonderful offer for you. Please continue to hold as we will be with you shortly. Thank you."
Are you kidding? The best ones are the poor people that have orders not to hang up on a potential customer unless they use inappropriate language. I once listened to a guy's spiel until he took a break to ask a question (a good 5-minutes). Then I started reading to him from the Bible. I had him on for another five minutes or more.

With internet phone, I can selectively forward numbers, some are routed back to their own numbers (if they're not protected enough) others go to the administrative line for the local Sheriff's Office.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:11 AM   #2150

Liked 520 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Tons of things annoy me.

#1 is oblivious people. No clue there is a world going on around them. I just don't know how you can be in your own little bubble. I'm not even talking about people glued to their iPhone. I mean people who seem clueless that there are other people around.

I hate wolf packs on the road. There is no better circumstance for an accident than a bunch of cars clustered together. Just. Let. Me. By. I hate how they form and people get annoyed when you're trying to break out of one. I've tried slowing down to, but it seems like everyone else does. I don't want to be part of your little roving collective! I'm not talking rush hour either. Plenty of open road behind and in front of us, but for some reason everyone is clustered together.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

dango Likes This