Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 212
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #2111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 565 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Government computers. They never work as advertised, take 20 times longer to load than anything else, are restricted beyond reason, are always down for maintenance or a software problem, and have so many "security" features to keep the bad guys out that the good guys can't even get on to do their job.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #2112
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 783 Times on 521 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Government computers. They never work as advertised, take 20 times longer to load than anything else, are restricted beyond reason, are always down for maintenance or a software problem, and have so many "security" features to keep the bad guys out that the good guys can't even get on to do their job.

Amen! Between CaC cards and having to change your pin so much it's almost impossible to remember passwords plus the fact that any non gov website you go to has security certificate problems since they don't recognize gov security protocols it gets annoying

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #2113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post

Amen. And with all that "security", the bad guys still get in and do their dirty deeds.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #2114

Liked 357 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I promised my daughter in law that I would be the best Mother-in-law I could be. I am interested in them but I butt out of their life.
You say that you butt out Winds, but I have a hunch you are exactly the same as my M-I-L. That lady would do anything in the world for me if I asked, and I would do the same in return.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:22 AM   #2115
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1040 Times on 637 Posts
Likes Given: 452

I joined the NRA...again, 3 weeks ago. This was to meet a requirement of a current member status for the range I am joining. Did not receive my membership number (which I need to provide) although I did get a hat, and have been trying to get the # since...
Today I got a re-up notice from them....ugh!
It did, however, contain my member # and statement of current status. At least I have what I need now. That organization is probably as good as is available for the support of the 2nd, but when success is meeting the lowest standard....is that really excellence? Seems poorly run to me. The well intentioned blind loyalty and layered bureaucracy is frustrating!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 06-07-2014, 05:31 AM   #2116

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

1) Loud motorcycles : I understand that you think the noise makes you noticed by other drivers . Did it cross your mind that your loud pipes are illegal for good reasons ; that people and animals deserve peace and quiet , your selfish interests don't trump everyone else's, and motorists will be less hostile to bikes if they are quiet .
Of course this falls on deaf ears .

2) Piercings : I assume you like getting attention by shocking people with mutilations instead've doing something positive .

3) Tattoos : A sore subject ( at least for a couple of days ) . They never look pretty to me and all I can do is wonder if you have Hepatitis .

4) The slutty look : I feel like whispering to you that your bra straps are showing, that your black bra shows through your top, that your boobs are a fallout hazard, that your thong shows every time you bend over because your pants come down, that your pants have holes in the seat, that your butt crack shows when you bend over, that you forgot to wear a bra, that your pants are partially unzipped, that your slip is showing, that your skirt is slit too high ....

5) Online dating sites that use fake gorgeous women in their advertising : supposedly women in " your town " looking for men . Fraud .

6) The way Ford designed the gas filler neck on the 1970 Torino so it angled down and the pump nozzle slid out and sprayed gasoline everywhere . Okay, maybe it is time to let that one go ...

Old 06-07-2014, 06:56 AM   #2117
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

must be nice to be so perfect.

i'm pretty sure i would fall short of your lofty standards.

but, i do tend to judge people by their merits and not their looks.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #2118
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2018 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 4293

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post
I joined the NRA...again, 3 weeks ago. This was to meet a requirement of a current member status for the range I am joining. Did not receive my membership number (which I need to provide) although I did get a hat, and have been trying to get the # since...
Today I got a re-up notice from them....ugh!
It did, however, contain my member # and statement of current status. At least I have what I need now. That organization is probably as good as is available for the support of the 2nd, but when success is meeting the lowest standard....is that really excellence? Seems poorly run to me. The well intentioned blind loyalty and layered bureaucracy is frustrating!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
I have been getting the phone calls for additional support, please!

They can bleed a turnip dry so much!

Old 06-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #2119

Liked 1904 Times on 1068 Posts
Likes Given: 2655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
1) Loud motorcycles : I understand that you think the noise makes you noticed by other drivers . Did it cross your mind that your loud pipes are illegal for good reasons ; that people and animals deserve peace and quiet , your selfish interests don't trump everyone else's, and motorists will be less hostile to bikes if they are quiet .
Of course this falls on deaf ears .

2) Piercings : I assume you like getting attention by shocking people with mutilations instead've doing something positive .

3) Tattoos : A sore subject ( at least for a couple of days ) . They never look pretty to me and all I can do is wonder if you have Hepatitis .

4) The slutty look : I feel like whispering to you that your bra straps are showing, that your black bra shows through your top, that your boobs are a fallout hazard, that your thong shows every time you bend over because your pants come down, that your pants have holes in the seat, that your butt crack shows when you bend over, that you forgot to wear a bra, that your pants are partially unzipped, that your slip is showing, that your skirt is slit too high ....

5) Online dating sites that use fake gorgeous women in their advertising : supposedly women in " your town " looking for men . Fraud .

6) The way Ford designed the gas filler neck on the 1970 Torino so it angled down and the pump nozzle slid out and sprayed gasoline everywhere . Okay, maybe it is time to let that one go ...
1) I like the loud pipes on a Harley, but not on a rice grinder...Same with cars..not much sounds better than a 440 with a .500 lift cam, and open duals. But nobody wants to hear the fart can muffler on your zip-zap "tuner " car. But i agree with you...Certain times of the day, in residential areas, a little common sense would be nice.

2) Piercings..I'm kind of neutral on that..I just find myself thinking..if i could get that person to go fishing with me...i wouldn't need to lug around my tackle box...they have everything i need right there on their face...hooks / swivels / sinkers / etc...a walking tackle box.....

3) Tattoos...I have plenty of friends with tats...The smart ones have them in places that can be concealed ...I like them...but yea..when the tats take over...starts to get a little Hep vibe going...and although the person may be very intelligent...you have to wonder about their ability to make sound decisions...

4) No Comment.....lol I might be guilty of some of that...

5) News Flash....Those are stroke sites...Not for normal people..I'm sure the perv's are getting their moneys worth, and have no complaints....

6)..Yea, should probably let that one go...On newer cars i cant stand the automatic locking doors......I know where the switch is...if i want my dang doors locked..i will lock them...

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 06-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #2120
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2369 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 2487

My latest pet peeve? The broken index values that prevent us from seeing the last page (or two) of various threads on FTF. Like this thread or Post a Picture...

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/