Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
One of mine is people who want to converse by text. " home soon" or "running late" is a good use of texting. A 2-hour conversation of texts drives me insane.
what about people using text to a landline phone? they couldn't just call you on the phone?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #12
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3165 Times on 2150 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default I live in the "polite" capital of the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
It's the return of the "I hate" thread!
Everyone here is Nice, sometimes too nice in fact. A few weeks ago we drove over to Payson Az. and decided to have a late lunch at a Chilli's(which we have not eaten at since we left "Back East"). Girl who waited on us said "You guys are Very Very Nice People for NY'ers!!" Thanks sweetie but we live here now.....

I notice no one is polite when they cut you off on I-17 because you choose to drive within the speed limit, or maybe just "slightly" over,..and Folks race past you doing close to 100 Mph honking because your slowing them Down!!!...(for folks that don't know-the speed limit here for the most part is 75MPh on 4-6 lane Roads, and 65Mph most everywhere else except for local side streets or where otherwise posted(the Intersection/Roundabout at the entrance to my Development is 15Mph and the speed limit inside our Development is 10mph! I can "drive" faster then that on my adult assist electric tricycle!!)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 06-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #13

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

OK Pet Peeve

I can't stand when i'm sitting down at a meal eating and someone decides it's time to get the old snot rag out and start snortin' and honkin' at the dinner table??
Geeez Go to the bathroom and be considerate to others!!

Last edited by MOshooter; 06-09-2013 at 11:59 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
OK Pet Peeve

I can't stand when i'm sitting down at a meal eating and someone decides it's time to get the old snot rag out and started snortin' and honkin' at the dinner table??
Geeez Go to the bathroom and be considerate to others!!
LMAO!!!! if it wasn't so rude, it would be funny!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #15

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
LMAO!!!! if it wasn't so rude, it would be funny!
axxe55 I'm done eating at that point? lol

Last edited by MOshooter; 06-10-2013 at 12:00 AM.
People Like This 
Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
axxe55 I'm done eating at that point? lol
LMAO Again!!!!!!

yeah, i'd just about kind of be finished eating too!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #17
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3267 Times on 1811 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
This is my latest. And it happens nearly every time I'm at a gas station. Now...this new practice of not getting a receipt, like it's optional when checking out I've always found a little odd. But...I'm flexible and those receipts do just accumulate. My wife and I check our credit card charges about every other day online and I can remember what I charged in that short of time span. What irritates me is...while I'm putting my card back in my wallet the cashier is asking me "would you like a receipt?" and I'll say, "no, that's ok" and then in an instant as I'm looking up from my wallet the little display facing with the total has cleared and reads $0.00. The receipt is being crumpled and thrown in the trash. I NEVER get a chance to see what I've been charged. From time to time I say "I would like to have seen what I've been charged first!".....they look at me like I'm some kinda of grump. And where I live these gas stations are busy with a line behind you. I've decided I'm just going to say 'yes' when they ask if I want a receipt. S**t...for all I know they could have charged me $158 instead of $10.58...end of rant.
You should be able to see what they charged you before you swipe your card. When I ran a cash register I always made sure to tell people the total...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
One of my pet peeves is people working in a store, business or sporting goods department (Preferably Gun, Ammo, Fishing Tackle) that do not know the first thing about the products or applications. And especially those who pretend to know and advise you of facts and information when it is very obvious they do not!
It is very hard to be polite at all in these incidents. I must admit, sometimes I am not!
And parts stores. I get treated like I'm an idiot when I go into a parts store, when most the time I know 10x what the kid behind the counter knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post

Everyone here is Nice, sometimes too nice in fact. A few weeks ago we drove over to Payson Az. and decided to have a late lunch at a Chilli's(which we have not eaten at since we left "Back East"). Girl who waited on us said "You guys are Very Very Nice People for NY'ers!!" Thanks sweetie but we live here now.....

I notice no one is polite when they cut you off on I-17 because you choose to drive within the speed limit, or maybe just "slightly" over,..and Folks race past you doing close to 100 Mph honking because your slowing them Down!!!...(for folks that don't know-the speed limit here for the most part is 75MPh on 4-6 lane Roads, and 65Mph most everywhere else except for local side streets or where otherwise posted(the Intersection/Roundabout at the entrance to my Development is 15Mph and the speed limit inside our Development is 10mph! I can "drive" faster then that on my adult assist electric tricycle!!)
The only time I get annoyed by someone driving too slow is when they're in the left lane not passing anyone, it's a passing lane, or getting on the interstate and the person in front of me is going 40...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Last edited by Cinderocka1989; 06-10-2013 at 12:17 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #18

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Another peeve. End caps. It's BS...you see a product (most recently insulated water bottles at a sporting store) and you think that's all the selection they have and later...you discover where their real home is...tons of other brands and selection...what? I have a choice?? If you hadn't looked around you would have just grabbed the end cap item....I guess that's what they are hoping for.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #19

Liked 695 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 1451

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
Tip jars on every counter of every damn convenience store, fast food joint, coffee palace, donut shop, gas station, drive-thru lane, etc., etc., etc.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
the only place where i used a tip jar was at the bar!
The only place I use the tip jar is at my favorite sushi place... and if they kill me with food poisoning I'm coming to take my money back ...AS A ZOMBIE!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #20
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3267 Times on 1811 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Another peeve. End caps. It's BS...you see a product (most recently insulated water bottles at a sporting store) and you think that's all the selection they have and later...you discover where their real home is...tons of other brands and selection...what? I have a choice?? If you hadn't looked around you would have just grabbed what the end cap item....I guess that's what they are hoping for.
That's the goal. The company whose product is featured on the end cap generally "rents" it for a period of time. When I worked at auto zone we changed them every month. That's why I hated them.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.