Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #161
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21298 Times on 12085 Posts
Likes Given: 53065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I have heard that building inspectors are contractors that were too incompetent to succeed in their own business. I have known a few managers who couldn't do the work that they are supposed to be managing.
Amen to that! i suspect that many managers that are over jobs they can't perform, are not generally respected by those who have to do the job.

when i left huge company fleet maintenance, they were bringing in college kids as new interns for service manager jobs over fleet maintenance. i had the joy and thrill of trying to teach a couple of them about maintenance on big trucks. most of them i came in contact with didn't even know the most basic of vehicles in general. most had never even done an oil change on their own vehicle. in short words, they mechanically stupid!

i personally could never have respect for someone that would tell me how to do my job when they have no real knowledge of how my job is done.
willshoum Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #162
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8134 Times on 4695 Posts
Likes Given: 10492

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Amen to that! i suspect that many managers that are over jobs they can't perform, are not generally respected by those who have to do the job.

when i left huge company fleet maintenance, they were bringing in college kids as new interns for service manager jobs over fleet maintenance. i had the joy and thrill of trying to teach a couple of them about maintenance on big trucks. most of them i came in contact with didn't even know the most basic of vehicles in general. most had never even done an oil change on their own vehicle. in short words, they mechanically stupid!

i personally could never have respect for someone that would tell me how to do my job when they have no real knowledge of how my job is done.
Yes, but they can cut costs by making you use inferior products in your maintenance and repairs. Of course they won't understand it when the equipment or repairs don't last as long when they do this.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 06-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #163
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1263 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I've had a few male managers who were incompetent... I don't think they would have looked good in a skirt but hey man, what ever floats your boat...
I know what you mean, ma'am. I've had some "male" managers who thought they'd look good in a skirt. I'm fortunate enough that I never had to be a witness to that, though.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #164
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1263 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:

Yep. And the same incompetent idiot is the one who does your performance evaluation that affects your pay and whether you keep your job.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #165
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
One of the things that tick me off is thumpers the guys that drive around in there car thumping the crap called rap. It don't matter what time of day or night it is they just drive around blaring that crap I honestly don't think there going anywhere 90% they just drive around blasting crap.

I don't know about ya'll but I'm a light sleeper and they wake me up at night when I got to sleep for work and I tend to get a little pissed off about it.
They will get their just reward in time
behind-ear-hearing-aid.jpg  
Old 06-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #166

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:

I agree with this,it's hard to professionally respect someone in charge that has no knowledge of what they're managing.

Before becoming a HVAC contractor in 1990 I worked for a few different HVAC companies,one company was owned by 3 brothers that had worked their way up through the company before their father retired,these guys had been there done that and ran a very high quality shop and business,I still have lots of respect for these guys professionally.
The last company I ever worked for the owners only experience was selling HVAC as a salesman at the former company he worked for that he purchased. He couldn't lay out or design an HVAC system,he couldn't fabricate the system,he couldn't install the system,he couldn't service the systems,and he hired people with little or no experience in the field that cost him lots of call backs on low bid jobs bids.

I was his main HVAC service man for about 3 or 4 months,man did he keep me busy fixing the stuff they installed! LOL
Old 06-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #167
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Those who can, do. Those who cannot, manage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
Have always heard this in terms of teaching as opposed to management....but you're point is taken. I have always found it to be the case that you game to have done the job in some fashion to truly understand how to manage....I know this is not in reference to the OP...but does certainly person to current posts.
I gotta say, I had the opposite at one job; the district manager was a good guy and VERY technically skilled, but he struggled with communication and people-managing skills. It wasn't his fault; he was put in that job by others.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #168

Liked 74 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post

Those who can, do. Those who cannot, manage.
I actually disagree with this. Where I'm from those who can, manage and make sure the others are doing it right. Those who cannot, get fired. Short and sweet.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #169

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp
Pet Peeve...

Every time the wife and I go out to eat, no matter how busy or empty the Restaurant is...

The bring out the damn carpet or floor sweeper and start sweeping the floor within 6 ft of us.

If the floor is that dirty, seat us elsewhere, if not, go sweep the empty areas.

I am tired of having to ask them to wait until we leave.
It's not the person who's sweeping's fault, although it is annoying. I worked a burger king and their attitude is if you have time to lean, you have time to clean. No matter how slow it is or how many times you've cleaned a certain area, you have to clean it again. They make you go check the lobby every so often even people are there. But that's not the worst part about a crap job like that....

Old 06-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #170
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Sbeezy, why the heck doesn't my local BK sell the BK veggie? They had some last year or so, but they quit selling them and acted like I was nuts for asking for one. I haven't been back in a while; I don't eat the meat.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.