Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 167
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #1661
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

JW, I'll tell you something that amazed and pissed of many of my seniors.

I made it to Corporal... But a drunken escapade involving busting a fellow Marine out of a Spanish jail, and puking on the Captain for the good ship Whidbey Island, saw me in the rest of my term as a terminal lance.

As such, and because I'm very opinionated, and have no shut the **** up filter, I didn't give a damn what I said, or who I said it to.

My seniors were appalled at the way I'd talk to ANYONE (including the commandant of Camp Lejeune) like we were back on the block and they were my drinking buddy.

I'd ask questions, I'd chit chat, I'd shoot the breeze, cuss and share stories about what the hell ever we were talking about, from combat to women to dogs to kids to hunting. I just did not give a damn.

The biggest reason why though? Exactly what you said. They may outrank me, but they're still just a man no different than I, and put on their pants the same way I do- reluctantly, and only because someone rang the doorbell.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-07-2014, 04:45 AM   #1662

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
Its been my experience, that the worst offenders generally are only in it for the perks. Not being able to spend their lives with a wonderful man, but getting to brag about being married to a servicemember. Obviously I don't know their marriages, but sometimes perception is reality.

Then those types are the ones sluttin' it up around base while the husband is deployed over seas.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 AM   #1663
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcilten View Post
Then those types are the ones sluttin' it up around base while the husband is deployed over seas.
and wives in the military ain't the only women that will slut it up when the husband is away!

Old 01-07-2014, 06:43 AM   #1664

Liked 232 Times on 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Nope, that's not it. I'll give you a hint, "JL" are the guy's actual initials.
Oh, my dad drives for BTC and they're based out of Memphis

Old 01-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #1665

So my boss was in a panic yesterday. Things got cold enough here to actually cause some damage and bust some valves and pipes off our filter system...

So I was trying to fix that ****. But he was in such a damn tizzy, he kept dragging me off to other parts of town to go check on other things. I kept telling him, "look, we're two grown ass men, with two damn work trucks. Go look at that ****, and if you need help, call me!"

"but it may be an emergency and I may need you right there with me!"

I got the parts I needed. Eventually. Then he was all, "lets go drop them off at that well so they'll be there tomorrow when you get to it." I said "****ing why?" (he was starting to piss me off. I can't stand it when people don't ****ING THINK because they're panicking) I told him, "just leave my motherfugging parts in my motherfugging truck with my motherfugging tools so I'll have all my motherfugging **** WITH ME AND TOGETHER when I get there. It's THAT FUGGING EASY."

He had really been just acting nuts over the freezing ****. I mean seriously. He's usually pretty calm, but he started PANICKING his ass off yesterday. And think of it like this...if it was THAT big of a deal, do y'all think I would have let it go, and wait until the next day to fix this ****? Hell no.

So he had a class to go to today. Thank god. He'd be outta my **** and I can get some real work done without having to babysit his ass if he goes off the deep end again.

So, after dropping the kid off at school, and going back to the office and doing some paperwork, I step outside. Boss man left right when I went to go drop Sue off at school, and I didn't notice anything... off when I got back to the office.

But when I got ready to leave and go do repairs, guess where my truck was? Not at the motherfugging office, that's for damn sure.

So I call the boss. I said, "hey boss. Why you take my truck?"

He says, "oh, it was just closest to the door."

"hey boss. Look over your right shoulder. What do you see sitting there in the backseat?"

"uhhh.... your parts..."

"right. You see where this is a problem, right? Get to class. Leave my keys in my mothefugging truck. I'm coming to trade with you. I will leave your keys duct taped under the toolbox in YOUR truck when I drop it off. Ok?"

So I had to drive, and take an extra hour and a half out of my time to go get my truck because someone decided not to use their brain.

It's now 1010 and I haven't gotten a damn thing worthwhile done. Yet. I've been on the clock for 4 hours. That's HALF MY WORKDAY. Putting down my phone now to actually get **** done.
People Like This 
Old 01-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #1666

So I get a couple of valves rebuilt, and I step out to put them on. No problem, I got all my stuff together so I'm good.

But then I step out.. and notice I have THREE valves I'm supposed to be replacing (besides the broken pipes). No biggie. This is why I wanted all my stuff together in one place, because I'm forgetful. So I go to the truck and start tearing it apart. No valve bodies left. But I know damn well I got three... I remember it now that I'm thinking about it...

So I call my boss back. "hey man... I'm missing a valve body. Any idea where it went?"

"oh, my bad. Someone here said they'd never seen the inside of one, so I brought it into class to show a few people. It's sitting on the table right in front of me."

Seriously. I'm considering quitting. But, a job is hard to find these days, and harder to keep. So, I'm getting my ****ing ass BACK in my damn truck, driving BACK to that little podunk town 45 minutes away, and getting my other valve body.

I HAVE to get this done today while he's not here to mess up my rhythm. Yes, it really is that bad working with him, that I don't even consider THIS to be as much of a hassle as it would be if he were actually here with me.
People Like This 
Old 01-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #1667

Apparently the transmission parts that just came flying out from under my truck busted the windshield of a pretty nice benz.

Waiting on the cops and a tow truck. I'll be peeing in a little cup. That's fine, I don't use. But the last guy who had a minor incident like this was temporarily suspended without pay until the drug test results came back. It only took three days, but I can't afford I. I have vacation time I'll have to use if it comes to that. If they'll let me.

Someone... please tell me something that's gonna make my day better.
People Like This 
Old 01-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #1668

Liked 4572 Times on 2543 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Apparently the transmission parts that just came flying out from under my truck busted the windshield of a pretty nice benz.

Waiting on the cops and a tow truck. I'll be peeing in a little cup. That's fine, I don't use. But the last guy who had a minor incident like this was temporarily suspended without pay until the drug test results came back. It only took three days, but I can't afford I. I have vacation time I'll have to use if it comes to that. If they'll let me.

Someone, somewhere, in some in the middle of nowhere, frozen wasteland, loves you.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #1669
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
So my boss was in a panic yesterday. Things got cold enough here to actually cause some damage and bust some valves and pipes off our filter system...

So I was trying to fix that ****. But he was in such a damn tizzy, he kept dragging me off to other parts of town to go check on other things. I kept telling him, "look, we're two grown ass men, with two damn work trucks. Go look at that ****, and if you need help, call me!"

"but it may be an emergency and I may need you right there with me!"

I got the parts I needed. Eventually. Then he was all, "lets go drop them off at that well so they'll be there tomorrow when you get to it." I said "****ing why?" (he was starting to piss me off. I can't stand it when people don't ****ING THINK because they're panicking) I told him, "just leave my motherfugging parts in my motherfugging truck with my motherfugging tools so I'll have all my motherfugging **** WITH ME AND TOGETHER when I get there. It's THAT FUGGING EASY."

He had really been just acting nuts over the freezing ****. I mean seriously. He's usually pretty calm, but he started PANICKING his ass off yesterday. And think of it like this...if it was THAT big of a deal, do y'all think I would have let it go, and wait until the next day to fix this ****? Hell no.

So he had a class to go to today. Thank god. He'd be outta my **** and I can get some real work done without having to babysit his ass if he goes off the deep end again.

So, after dropping the kid off at school, and going back to the office and doing some paperwork, I step outside. Boss man left right when I went to go drop Sue off at school, and I didn't notice anything... off when I got back to the office.

But when I got ready to leave and go do repairs, guess where my truck was? Not at the motherfugging office, that's for damn sure.

So I call the boss. I said, "hey boss. Why you take my truck?"

He says, "oh, it was just closest to the door."

"hey boss. Look over your right shoulder. What do you see sitting there in the backseat?"

"uhhh.... your parts..."

"right. You see where this is a problem, right? Get to class. Leave my keys in my mothefugging truck. I'm coming to trade with you. I will leave your keys duct taped under the toolbox in YOUR truck when I drop it off. Ok?"

So I had to drive, and take an extra hour and a half out of my time to go get my truck because someone decided not to use their brain.

It's now 1010 and I haven't gotten a damn thing worthwhile done. Yet. I've been on the clock for 4 hours. That's HALF MY WORKDAY. Putting down my phone now to actually get **** done.
Quote:
So I get a couple of valves rebuilt, and I step out to put them on. No problem, I got all my stuff together so I'm good.

But then I step out.. and notice I have THREE valves I'm supposed to be replacing (besides the broken pipes). No biggie. This is why I wanted all my stuff together in one place, because I'm forgetful. So I go to the truck and start tearing it apart. No valve bodies left. But I know damn well I got three... I remember it now that I'm thinking about it...

So I call my boss back. "hey man... I'm missing a valve body. Any idea where it went?"

"oh, my bad. Someone here said they'd never seen the inside of one, so I brought it into class to show a few people. It's sitting on the table right in front of me."

Seriously. I'm considering quitting. But, a job is hard to find these days, and harder to keep. So, I'm getting my ****ing ass BACK in my damn truck, driving BACK to that little podunk town 45 minutes away, and getting my other valve body.

I HAVE to get this done today while he's not here to mess up my rhythm. Yes, it really is that bad working with him, that I don't even consider THIS to be as much of a hassle as it would be if he were actually here with me.
Quote:

At least your boss wasn't with you...

This has not been your day.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #1670
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 809 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

you can go shooting on your 3 day vacation