Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Pet Peeve...

Every time the wife and I go out to eat, no matter how busy or empty the Restaurant is...

The bring out the damn carpet or floor sweeper and start sweeping the floor within 6 ft of us.

If the floor is that dirty, seat us elsewhere, if not, go sweep the empty areas.

I am tired of having to ask them to wait until we leave.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #152
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7826 Times on 4516 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
Pet Peeve...

Every time the wife and I go out to eat, no matter how busy or empty the Restaurant is...

The bring out the damn carpet or floor sweeper and start sweeping the floor within 6 ft of us.

If the floor is that dirty, seat us elsewhere, if not, go sweep the empty areas.

I am tired of having to ask them to wait until we leave.
Maybe you are the reason they do this? Clean up your table manners Bub!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 06-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #153
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 1752

I really get p.o.'d when I remember the "managers" I have worked for who knew nothing about the skills or knowledge required to do the jobs of the people under them. They got to be the manager because they looked good in a short skirt, or they were somebody's relative. So they let the people in their work group do all the thinking, planning, and working, then this "manager" turns in his/her "status report" that the workers provide him/her, and revise it to make it look like all the accomplishments were done under their direction. They get the big bucks and the prestige, while the rest of us just do the work. I did sorta get even one time, I was a computer systems engineer, and there was this VP who was VP because his mommy was the president's whore - er - secretary. One day I was walking down the hall and he was standing in the hall trying to impress some big shot from a customer company. He said in a condescending manner, "Hey Jerry, how are those systems running today?" I just kept on walking and said, "They're running like an open sore". His mouth dropped open, his eyes got as big as lemons, and he just stood there. Trouble is, the next time the company downsized, I got the axe.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 06-15-2013 at 04:18 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #154
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I really get p.o.'d when I remember the "managers" I have worked for who knew nothing about the skills or knowledge required to do the jobs of the people under them. They got to be the manager because they looked good in a short skirt, or they were somebody's relative. So they let the people in their work group do all the thinking, planning, and working, then this "manager" turns in his/her "status report" that the workers provide him/her, and revise it to make it look like all the accomplishments were done under their direction. They get the big bucks and the prestige, while the rest of us just do the work. I did sorta get even one time, I was a computer systems engineer, and there was this VP who was VP because his mommy was the president's whore - er - secretary. One day I was walking down the hall and he was standing in the hall trying to impress some big shot from a customer company. He said in a condescending manner, "Hey Jerry, how are those systems running today?" I just kept on walking and said, "They're running like an open sore". His mouth dropped open, his eyes got as big as lemons, and he just stood there. Trouble is, the next time the company downsized, I got the axe.
I worked for my father at a string of local newspapers in SW FL, started as a truck driver for him and learned everything I needed to know to do his job when he went on vacation. When he retired they brought in different people on 2 occasions to replace him, neither lasted because they didn't know the job. They finally gave me the position (with much grumbling I might add) and it ran smoothly for the 6 years I was in charge.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 06-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #155

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Maybe you are the reason they do this? Clean up your table manners Bub!
All things are possible!!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #156
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3023 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I've had a few male managers who were incompetent... I don't think they would have looked good in a skirt but hey man, what ever floats your boat...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #157

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

One of the things that tick me off is thumpers the guys that drive around in there car thumping the crap called rap. It don't matter what time of day or night it is they just drive around blaring that crap I honestly don't think there going anywhere 90% they just drive around blasting crap.

I don't know about ya'll but I'm a light sleeper and they wake me up at night when I got to sleep for work and I tend to get a little pissed off about it.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #158
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6095 Times on 3343 Posts
Likes Given: 11684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

I've had a few male managers who were incompetent... I don't think they would have looked good in a skirt but hey man, what ever floats your boat...
Those who can, do. Those who cannot, manage.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #159

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post

Those who can, do. Those who cannot, manage.
Have always heard this in terms of teaching as opposed to management....but you're point is taken. I have always found it to be the case that you game to have done the job in some fashion to truly understand how to manage....I know this is not in reference to the OP...but does certainly person to current posts.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 06-16-2013, 04:01 AM   #160
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7826 Times on 4516 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

I have heard that building inspectors are contractors that were too incompetent to succeed in their own business. I have known a few managers who couldn't do the work that they are supposed to be managing.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
axxe55 Likes This