Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 15
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
ABSOFREAKINLUTELY!!! I wish we had laws against non-English labeling on products sold in the U.S.
..Ain't gonna happen. You risk cutting out a huge customer base that way and it would smack of anti-capitalism (I.E. profits). I work in the packaging and labeling industry and 95% of all products Worldwide are labeled multi-language. You should see some of the packaging designs from Europe, the Pacific rim and the Middle East!! At least our product packaging in North America has the same alphabet !!
Now I do agree that someone working directly in United States customer service.... NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND & SPEAK ENGLISH !!!
People Like This 
Old 06-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #142
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Pet Peeves..............

Lol............I need another Beer................I'm saving my ammo for those specials.............If your blinkers and brake lights don't work, Iv'e got a ............ OOOOPPPPS.......... This aint the bunker..............
People Like This 
Old 06-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #143
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
..Ain't gonna happen. You risk cutting out a huge customer base that way and it would smack of anti-capitalism (I.E. profits). I work in the packaging and labeling industry and 95% of all products Worldwide are labeled multi-language. You should see some of the packaging designs from Europe, the Pacific rim and the Middle East!! At least our product packaging in North America has the same alphabet !!
Now I do agree that someone working directly in United States customer service.... NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND & SPEAK ENGLISH !!!
I had a thing for soursop juice when I lived in Memphis; I didn't mind roaming the Asian market looking for the familiar cans, didn't read a thing though. I never really understood if it was an Asian fruit or what, but it was tasty and mixed well with most liquors.
People Like This 
Old 06-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #144

Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

If you drink the last beer , you better get in the truck and go get some replacements . If your to lazy to change the empty cardboard toilet paper roll for a new one and just set it on the empty roll go sh!t in someone elses restroom .
If I look like I need a beer just bring me one , don't ask I'm not going to ever say no thanks you can drink that one .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
dango Likes This 
Old 06-15-2013, 03:52 AM   #145
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1424 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm fine with multiple language labeling. But if someone is involved in customer service of any sort, they need to speak the national language. Which I'm pretty sure is still English.
I don't mind the labeling either, I just figured they were using the same label to ship to more than 1 country.

I hate when I go to the atm and it asks me what language though. I mean the atm at the bank that has my account and the branch that I opened it. You put your card in and the screen says wait while we access your account. You wait a few seconds and then it asks what language you want to use. They should know after years to just go to English.
dango Likes This 
Old 06-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #146
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

People who throw trash out of their car windows......when people need to constantly tell you how pretty or cute they are (insecurities).......wasting time due to the incompetence of others......These are a few that come to mind.

Last edited by Zombiegirl; 06-15-2013 at 04:47 AM.
People Like This 
Old 06-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #147

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
......wasting time due to the incompetence of others.....
Are you sure you don't work at my office ...??? Here another, fixing someone else's mistake at work (usually for reasons of meeting a deadline..) and NOT getting some of their salary !! If my boss would syphine off some $$ and give to the "fixers" (I'm not alone in this...) the offenders would pick up the slack more often at work and do ALL of their job.... not just half@$$ it !!

But I digress... It all comes down to pride in one's work, which is sorely lacking in this world. I try to go out of my way and praise when someone does a great job and/or a little extra.... especially when they didn't have to.
People Like This 
Old 06-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #148
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Are you sure you don't work at my office ...??? Here another, fixing someone else's mistake at work (usually for reasons of meeting a deadline..) and NOT getting some of their salary !! If my boss would syphine off some $$ and give to the "fixers" (I'm not alone in this...) the offenders would pick up the slack more often at work and do ALL of their job.... not just half@$$ it !!

But I digress... It all comes down to pride in one's work, which is sorely lacking in this world. I try to go out of my way and praise when someone does a great job and/or a little extra.... especially when they didn't have to.
i work as a repair technician in an equipment rental business. sometimes our yard hands will tear up equipment as much as our customers do. i use to get upset about it, but think on the positive side now. it's job security! my pet peave about customers that rent our equipment are the ones that tell you they know how to run or operate a particular peice of equipment and then later on i have to make a service call because they didn't know as much as they thought.
dango Likes This 
Old 06-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #149
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4452 Times on 2469 Posts
Likes Given: 22486

Pet peeve heh..? Well , what I really don't don't care for is that itch , you know , the (root) , eeeek..! It won't go away , only gets worse when you try to ignore it..! We all get it ..! It's how one handles it , proper edicat...! Eeeek..!
People Like This 
Old 06-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #150
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

pet peave? having an itch that i can't reach to scratch!