Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 125
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 02:45 AM   #1241
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1918 Times on 1164 Posts
Likes Given: 2078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I fall asleep a lot during movies
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
So do I. Ask Balota.
zzzz... (snort)... (rubs eyes)... Huh? What?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This 
Old 11-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #1242
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Nobody works on my baby unless I'm watching. Only reason im paying them to do it is cuz my back hurts. If they don't like it there's plenty of other guys who want my money bad enough to put up with my company.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 11-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #1243
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6129 Times on 3035 Posts
Likes Given: 6509

Quote:
Originally Posted by aender77 View Post
I'm an auto technician by trade... Two of my biggest pet leaves have to do with work...

#2: when I am working on a vehicle, I don't mind if you OBSERVE from a distance. When I turn around to grab a tool from my bench and I step on your toes... You are to flippin' close! Back up because I will put my tools away and stop working until you are seated in the waiting area.

I started out in a TV shop and part of our day was doing service calls, never fail that someone would try to "help" me fix their TV or talk about things that would seriously distract me from what I was doing (working on energized electronics), "does it hurt when you get shocked?". They always got a special charge at the end!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #1244

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey
Straight brimmed ball caps worn at an angle with the sticker still on them. I cannot take anybody seriously who wears a cap in such a manner.
Usually comes with sagging pants and "duchebag" attitude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aender77
I'm an auto technician by trade... Two of my biggest pet leaves have to do with work...

#1: when I repair your tire, please don't ask me what was in it... There was a foreign object that punctured the tire that let air out, and unless you plan to repair it yourself, all you need to know is it's repaired.

#2: when I am working on a vehicle, I don't mind if you OBSERVE from a distance. When I turn around to grab a tool from my bench and I step on your toes... You are to flippin' close! Back up because I will put my tools away and stop working until you are seated in the waiting area.
Had many of punctured tires. Nice to know what it was to possibly know where you picked it up to avoid that area so you don't have to return to the grumpy mechanics lol.

Only reason I have my vehicles worked on is if I don't have the specialty tools to do the task. I know how "some", I said some, shade tree mechanics are and I want to b there to catch anything that might go wrong. Not directed at anyone here but it's hard to trust someone you have no idea who they are. I've seen guys **** up an oil change....
Old 11-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #1245

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post

Had many of punctured tires. Nice to know what it was to possibly know where you picked it up to avoid that area so you don't have to return to the grumpy mechanics lol.
Same here. And in the work that I used to do, it can help prevent other flat tires.

Picked up a roofing nail? Call the roofing company, "hey, y'all need to do a better job at holding onto your stray nails."

In one case, working in Atlanta Texas, I had a box of fencing staples somehow explode on my trailer. Got a flat a few days later. Yup. One of my own staples I picked up driving through town.

Tire guy says, "we're getting a ton of these."

My boss says, "take pictures to email them to me, and give my info to anyone else within the next two weeks who picks one up."

He payed for probably 40 plugged tires in the end.

He didn't have to. But if the tire guy had been a pecker about it, those folks wouldn't have been so pleased to have someone else pay to get their tires fixed.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #1246
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1918 Times on 1164 Posts
Likes Given: 2078

Kudos to your boss. People doing the right thing just because it's right are pretty damned rare these days.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This 
Old 11-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #1247

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Kudos to your boss. People doing the right thing just because it's right are pretty damned rare these days.
He was a rare man anyway. His cousin, who he co owned the company with, was psychotic.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #1248
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 670 Times on 312 Posts
Likes Given: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
One of my instructors says they're spoilers for high speed blow jobs. That should help.

Oh, that would drive me crazy. I hate working on things someone else has already taken apart
Ah, yes! I still remember the customers who would bring me their camcorders or VCR's in pieces in a box, telling me “I saved you time by taking it apart for you.” What I never explained to them was that I always added an extra hour labor charge for anything brought in a box with screws rattling around in the bottom.

“Too often … we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought,” JFK

People Like This 
Old 11-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #1249
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8259 Times on 4771 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
Ah, yes! I still remember the customers who would bring me their camcorders or VCR's in pieces in a box, telling me “I saved you time by taking it apart for you.” What I never explained to them was that I always added an extra hour labor charge for anything brought in a box with screws rattling around in the bottom.
When they pick up their machine give them a plastic baggie full of random parts from a different machine (different brand too!) and tell them "I couldn't figure out where you removed these parts from so here they are".

Best do this after the bill has been settled!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 11-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #1250
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6129 Times on 3035 Posts
Likes Given: 6509

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
Yes indeed, its always fun to find screws floating around in the unit. I always wanted to hand them back all apart and say I saved them $10.00 by not putting it together again!