Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 03:09 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Oh... my....

Old 06-13-2013, 03:18 AM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20026 Times on 11389 Posts
Likes Given: 50532

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Oh... my....
or oh $hit!!!!
improvised_prepper Likes This 
Old 06-13-2013, 03:42 AM   #113

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

It was just a joke people working the graveyard shift with a bunch of nurses will ruin your sense of social appropriateness but it's all in good fun

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

Old 06-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #114
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 921 Times on 549 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
Men who don't open the car door for their wife (or any woman for that matter).
Coming into the terminal building tonight one of the office ladies was coming down the steps, there are 2 doors at the bottom of the steps the one I was coming through and another one. I held open the door I was coming through for her and she indicated she was going through the other one. I went over and held that one for her she thanked me and then I went about my business. A little while later I walk into the office and she thanks me again and says something to the effect that there are very few gentleman left. I told her that it was self defense, if I didn't hold open the door 2 grandmothers and at least half a dozen nuns would come up out of their graves and "get me".

When I was married I always dropped my wife off at the door then went and parked. When we left I would always go get the car and pick her up at the door. We went on a family vacation one year where we didn't have a rental car big enough for everybody, when we went somewhere and did this she would get all kinds of grief from her mom and sister, and their husbands got even more grief about it.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #115

Liked 55 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Have to say, I disagree to an extent, but it takes a very long conversation to explain why.

Short and simple version, I don't think that not finishing my fries at McDonald's contributes to the starvation of children in Africa.

Now I have, and will in future, carry leftover fries to the bum on the corner under certain circumstances. (I'm particular about the bums I feed, probably because I used to be one, and I know that certain "look")
Guess i should have explained myself better. Mostly refering to restuarants who serve way to much food and then throw half of it away. And supermarkets who have to keep the shelves full of produce, meats and bakery item then when it doesnt sale they just throw it away. I used to work for a grocery and it made me sick seeing all the food in the trash.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #116
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7824 Times on 4515 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaloveszoe View Post
Guess i should have explained myself better. Mostly refering to restuarants who serve way to much food and then throw half of it away. And supermarkets who have to keep the shelves full of produce, meats and bakery item then when it doesnt sale they just throw it away. I used to work for a grocery and it made me sick seeing all the food in the trash.
Yeah, no kidding! I hate it going to a restaurant where all they serve is those huge platters full of food. Some people will eat the whole plate full (to their own detriment) but I don't eat that much and would prefer if they had smaller servings available.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #117

Liked 55 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Yeah, no kidding! I hate it going to a restaurant where all they serve is those huge platters full of food. Some people will eat the whole plate full (to their own detriment) but I don't eat that much and would prefer if they had smaller servings available.
They could serve smaller portions and when u finish then bring u more. But i guess thats too much work :/

Old 06-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #118
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaloveszoe View Post
The problem with hunger isn't food-producing capability IMO; it is about transportation of the food to places without it...and some political/tribal/war issues in some parts of the world. If there was a way for us to teleport our leftover pizza to hungry kids in Ethiopia, there wouldn't be much hunger there.

When they figure out how to convert matter to energy and then back to matter somewhere else without affecting the flavor of the matter, a lot of problems will be solved or reduced (hunger, pollution, flooding, etc.).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #119
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I like to see a full plate when I pick up that fork. This wasn't a waste issue before people stopped feeding their dogs table scraps.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 308 Times on 162 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
People who go ten miles under the speed limit, on a two lane state highway. Then they floor it when your next to them and passing.

They rarely are able to suddenly speed up to cut me off. It's usually really young punks who don't know how to time that little troll act properly.

This is why I keep so many Pennies in the car.

I wonder what a .45 round will do to a windshield at 110 when tossed from the window at the tailgating vehicle...
In my bike riding days I carried a handful of 3/16 ball bearing in a tank bag just for that occasion. At 65 they bounce just about windshielfd high when launched from the proper altitude.
But that was a looooooooooong time ago and Im more patient and forgiving now.

Keep your powder dry boys.
Things are gonna get rough.