Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 119
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 12:17 AM   #1181
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 796 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
It’s true…but how did you know that?!
I just remembered…My bride-to-be and I worked in the same office. It was toward the end of the workday on a
Friday and we both had a couple (or three) belts in the office "coffee room" with our co-workers before we departed for the courthouse. And after we were married we followed the couple that were our witnesses over to their apartment for a celebration. All they had in the house to celebrate with was a bag of potato chips and a warm bottle of Andre champagne. By that time it was all good!

Sometimes it seems like every day I’m older than I was the day before.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-15-2013, 12:17 AM   #1182
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Thank God I don't have a daughter! Seriously though, if it were me I would have offered $30K towards a house or $15K towards the wedding. One or the other. Take it or leave it.

$30 for a wedding is just egotistical over-indulgence.
And I've seen them winding up costing 2 times as much! Look at all the OTHER stuff 60K could buy...My F-I-L covered our "Luncheon" for 44(he said invite up to 50), and wrote us a check, a NICE Check.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 10-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #1183
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

i'm with ya Vikingdad! i thought that $25 for the marriage license and $20 to the judge to perform the ceremony was a bit high myself!
In NY it was $75. 50 for the Town Judge for the ceremony & 25 for the License from the County...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #1184
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2415 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
My wife does Out Photography/Video for whatever project we're working on. She does the Sports stuff for us, and we've done some Pet stuff & scenics on the side, as well as some PR related stuff. She often thought about wedding work, and when you can get it (and collect) it's good money but it's too much Crap to have to deal with. We just did a favor last night for one of our friends for their 12 Year old's B-Day Party Centered around Last night's NFL game, Done very nicely and a Local Rest., and the family rented a 62" Screen for the party(4-9pm). even though it was gratis( I MC'ed) for our friends(the parents) they gave us a very nice Tip...Plus, even with 15 11-14 Year olds, I guess because they we're all into Football....it was 50 People with Parents/Older sibs,...all in different NFL Jerseys( I broke out my 1990 SBXXV Mark Bavaro #89 In Alternate-Black with White numbers, Red "NY" and Blue trim), But "Fun" jobs are Few & far between. and Weddings Aren't fun for service providers..
I did a lot of sports stuff, it was a sports TV station so that's almost all I did. It was all fun for me except for the nutty advertising clients I had to deal with on occasion,

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #1185
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3715 Times on 2059 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Thank God I don't have a daughter! Seriously though, if it were me I would have offered $30K towards a house or $15K towards the wedding. One or the other. Take it or leave it.

$30 for a wedding is just egotistical over-indulgence.
I'm just over here like, my Dad said he would spend $2,000 on my wedding... And I thought that was a lot.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

People Like This 
Old 10-15-2013, 12:48 AM   #1186
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I'm just over here like, my Dad said he would spend $2,000 on my wedding... And I thought that was a lot.
take the money and elope!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:50 AM   #1187
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7774 Times on 4216 Posts
Likes Given: 16440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

I paid for my wedding. It turned out nice.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 10-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #1188
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2415 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989
I thought that was a huge budget for a wedding until I met my wife and mother in law. $2000 might have covered the cake.

My father in law had offered $10,000 for me to keep if I'd agree to a backyard ceremony with the family cooking the food. I said "hell yeah! Buy the girl a nice dress and give me the cash. We can do this thing for $250 tops and my family has some great cooks!"

Then we got kicked out the house. Literally. And they took the poor man to the cleaners.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-15-2013 at 01:02 AM.
People Like This 
Old 10-15-2013, 05:02 AM   #1189
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11490

I should clarify, I would have advised that father who paid $30K for his daughter's wedding to do this. There is no way I would spend $15K on a wedding myself. Ever. If, when I was planning on getting married, my future wife said she wanted to spend $15K on our wedding I would call the wedding off because we would obviously not have been a match. If I were to do it over again today I would just not get married, or maybe if she insisted on it I would get the license and then have my buddy who is a licensed minister perform the ceremony. He would probbaly do it for a bottle of good Scotch.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 10-15-2013, 05:10 AM   #1190
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7774 Times on 4216 Posts
Likes Given: 16440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I would get the license and then have my buddy who is a licensed minister perform the ceremony. He would probbaly do it for a bottle of good Scotch.
My kinda church.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Axxe55 Likes This