Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 117
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #1161
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6633 Times on 3327 Posts
Likes Given: 7147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake86 View Post
I workout early as in I just finished training legs and bi's this morning. Most of the AM staff is barely awake, or napping in the back office.

When you drop those hex head dumbbells it cracks the welds. I watched a 35lb dumbbell come a part on a guy. Luckily he didn't get hurt.

I almost always say something when I see guys dropping weights around. I have told guys to leave. I take my lifting more serious then most. Being that I am training for strongman competition, and no I am not some e thug or bad ass. Just a farm boy who finds a particular sense of enjoyment in lifting things up and putting them down.
Dropping those things cant really be all that good for the floors either! Good luck with your training Jake, I gotta say, I love this commercial...

Old 10-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #1162
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3032 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 1868

Current peeve? These spammers that are showing up regularly!

As one of the Mods mentioned before, don't reply, simply click on the red triangle w/ the black vertical line in it icon in the lower left portion of the post and it opens a dialogue box for you to report the post to admin.

We are all biodegradable.

Ruger, don't leave home without it.

Last edited by eatmydust; 10-09-2013 at 11:58 AM.
People Like This 
Old 10-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #1163

Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Number one pet peeve I have right now: so called "professionals" (or anyone for that matter) who don't (or can't) do what they say they will.

Background on this: I'm currently looking for a videographer for my wedding and about 3/4 of them have either blown off the meeting to look over portfolios, or have failed to answer emails in a timely fashion (I think anything past two days to respond to a work related email is unacceptable). When I have told some of them that their lack of professionalism has caused me to eliminate them as potential videographers some have taken offense and I have heard on two occasions, "Relax, it's just the type of business. It takes time to get things in order." I've asked friends I have that do this line of work about who they recommend and I constantly get the same recommendation...it's one of the guys who flat out blew me off for a portfolio meeting and took 9 days to respond to my email asking why. His response - "I just got busy man." Maybe it is just me, but it drives me nuts. I get that you might be in high demand because you are skilled. But, if I can't trust you to meet me to get the job; how can I trust you to do the job?

Rant over.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #1164

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjleal
Number one pet peeve I have right now: so called "professionals" (or anyone for that matter) who don't (or can't) do what they say they will. Background on this: I'm currently looking for a videographer for my wedding and about 3/4 of them have either blown off the meeting to look over portfolios, or have failed to answer emails in a timely fashion (I think anything past two days to respond to a work related email is unacceptable). When I have told some of them that their lack of professionalism has caused me to eliminate them as potential videographers some have taken offense and I have heard on two occasions, "Relax, it's just the type of business. It takes time to get things in order." I've asked friends I have that do this line of work about who they recommend and I constantly get the same recommendation...it's one of the guys who flat out blew me off for a portfolio meeting and took 9 days to respond to my email asking why. His response - "I just got busy man." Maybe it is just me, but it drives me nuts. I get that you might be in high demand because you are skilled. But, if I can't trust you to meet me to get the job; how can I trust you to do the job? Rant over.

It amazes me that business people who do this sort of thing remain in business at all...
Old 10-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #1165
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8670 Times on 5012 Posts
Likes Given: 11255

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjleal View Post
Number one pet peeve I have right now: so called "professionals" (or anyone for that matter) who don't (or can't) do what they say they will.

Background on this: I'm currently looking for a videographer for my wedding and about 3/4 of them have either blown off the meeting to look over portfolios, or have failed to answer emails in a timely fashion (I think anything past two days to respond to a work related email is unacceptable). When I have told some of them that their lack of professionalism has caused me to eliminate them as potential videographers some have taken offense and I have heard on two occasions, "Relax, it's just the type of business. It takes time to get things in order." I've asked friends I have that do this line of work about who they recommend and I constantly get the same recommendation...it's one of the guys who flat out blew me off for a portfolio meeting and took 9 days to respond to my email asking why. His response - "I just got busy man." Maybe it is just me, but it drives me nuts. I get that you might be in high demand because you are skilled. But, if I can't trust you to meet me to get the job; how can I trust you to do the job?

Rant over.
Wedding videos are a waste of money in my opinion. I would pass on it. We only did photos and I haven't looked at those since shortly after the wedding.

Then again these days I would probably pass on the wedding entirely.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 10-14-2013, 02:56 AM   #1166
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7643 Times on 4158 Posts
Likes Given: 15989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Wedding videos are a waste of money in my opinion.
We showed off our wedding photos to people who couldn't attend the event. I can't imagine watching a video of the ceremony to be entertaining. The whole wedding experience was for the bride. I just showed up in a rented tuxedo feeling awkward in the limelight.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 10-14-2013, 02:58 AM   #1167
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:

Rant over.
I'm with you on "Professionalism" of Small Biz People,..But I know the entire Wedding Biz is like that...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #1168

Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
We showed off our wedding photos to people who couldn't attend the event. I can't imagine watching a video of the ceremony to be entertaining. The whole wedding experience was for the bride. I just showed up in a rented tuxedo feeling awkward in the limelight.
The bride does want the videographer more than I do but I don't fault her at all for it. (Not saying you fault yours at all [don't want anyone reading into my words, I like this site]). She grew up dreaming about her wedding. I grew up dreaming about a plethora of guns. She hasn't once said no (we've lived together and shared expenses for more than a year). She didn't even raise a fuss when I said I wanted to buy a Fusion 1911 (haven't ordered it yet, still trying to justify that expense to myself). I have no desire to say no to her about a videographer; she puts up with me which more than kind of merits its own reward (I'm the reward).

I don't know how to quote multiple persons while on my phone but in regards to the wedding industry as a whole comment - who knew the word wedding let you put whatever markup you wanted on any old thing?

Sorry if I've been ranting lately. Under lot of stress with this, school, funerals, and this helps.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:38 AM   #1169
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:

The bride does want the videographer more than I do but I don't fault her at all for it. (Not saying you fault yours at all [don't want anyone reading into my words, I like this site]). She grew up dreaming about her wedding. I grew up dreaming about a plethora of guns. She hasn't once said no (we've lived together and shared expenses for more than a year). She didn't even raise a fuss when I said I wanted to buy a Fusion 1911 (haven't ordered it yet, still trying to justify that expense to myself). I have no desire to say no to her about a videographer; she puts up with me which more than kind of merits its own reward (I'm the reward).

I don't know how to quote multiple persons while on my phone but in regards to the wedding industry as a whole comment - who knew the word wedding let you put whatever markup you wanted on any old thing?

Sorry if I've been ranting lately. Under lot of stress with this, school, funerals, and this helps.
No Worries. It gets to even the best of us. Did it the first time at 25,..big mistake. Glad the current Wife was not interested in such Junk...We had 2 Honeymoon trips instead, and got a fat check from My F-I-L...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #1170
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Even if you find a videographer, your nightmare is only just beginning. There are videographers out there who will commandeer the entire ceremony, interrupting every step of the ceremony, including the vows by jumping in and stopping the action so he/she/it can take "good" pictures of the process. Then after it is done, they'll tell you they have to raise their price because of the time they spent and the "extra" pictures they took.