Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 115
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Pet peeves...we all got'em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 03:29 AM   #1141
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5546 Times on 3034 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post
Current peeves...
-gasoline purchasers that MUST get their fuel at the only pumps with diesel...
- drivers that must get in front of me because I am pulling a trailer....regardless of the fact that my cruise is set faster than they want to go!!
Here, here!!!!
The diesel thing drives me crazy too. There are 6 pumps and only two have diesel but it seems everyone always uses the 2 with diesel and leaves the others open.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/8th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-7-8-9-2016-a-118694/#post1778284

Old 10-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #1142

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989
The diesel thing drives me crazy too. There are 6 pumps and only two have diesel but it seems everyone always uses the 2 with diesel and leaves the others open.
This drives me nuts too!

Old 10-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #1143
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
and when you get past 50 like me, it takes a lot longer to recuperate and broken bones heal much slower. in my case, the damage is already done and all i can do is hope to keep the pain to a manageable level, which can be quite hard sometimes.
I did VAX-D. It fixed me up just fine until a dump truck decided to play chicken with my jeep and I proved that I was VERY chicken and jumped off into a couple of ditches that were about 10 feet deep.

I had almost no pain at all when the VAX therapist was done making me an inch or so taller. Now those dang ditches made me short again.

I'm trying not to go back and get stretched on again, but we'll see after this weekend.

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-07-2013 at 07:03 AM.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #1144

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
I did VAX-D. It fixed me up just fine until a dump truck decided to play chicken with my jeep and I proved that I was VERY chicken and jumped off into a couple of ditches that were about 10 feet deep. I had almost no pain at all when the VAX therapist was done making me an inch or so taller. Now those dang ditches made me short again. I'm trying not to go back and get stretched on again, but we'll see after this weekend.
Not sure what VAX-D stands for, but I'm assuming it is spinal decompression of some sort by the way you describe it. I bought an inversion table. It works pretty well. I find when my back is really bothering me, just hanging upside down by my feet for a few min really relieves the pain.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #1145

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i have seven bothering me. 3 in my neck, and four in my lower back. due to DDD i don't even have the option of sugery anymore.
Damn this must be a magnet for back people!

5 in the lower back and three in my upper and neck. The doc doesn't think cutting will do any good anymore. I've had issues with my back most my life though. So I guess I'm a little used to it.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #1146
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcilten
Not sure what VAX-D stands for, but I'm assuming it is spinal decompression of some sort by the way you describe it. I bought an inversion table. It works pretty well. I find when my back is really bothering me, just hanging upside down by my feet for a few min really relieves the pain.
Yeah I have one of those too. Doesn't even compare though. Its fine for stretching out at the end of the day and getting rid of a backache from being on your feet or whatever, but the VAX-D puts specific amounts of positive pressure in areas based on how the therapist sets it up. By the last couple of weeks of it I could actually feel my spine stretching out and moving back into place.

I think way the doctor explained it to me was that it stretches your vertebra apart to a specific degree which creates a vacuum and caused your discs retract back into place. 3 other doctors told me he was a quack and it would never work. But they were all getting insurance money from constant pain management "treatments" and "visits." They also told me id be on disability the rest of my life. So I listened to the "quack" and it worked for me.

Haha I sound like an infomercial now.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #1147
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3390 Times on 2292 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Yeah I have one of those too. Doesn't even compare though. Its fine for stretching out at the end of the day and getting rid of a backache from being on your feet or whatever, but the VAX-D puts specific amounts of positive pressure in areas based on how the therapist sets it up. By the last couple of weeks of it I could actually feel my spine stretching out and moving back into place.

I think way the doctor explained it to me was that it stretches your vertebra apart to a specific degree which creates a vacuum and caused your discs retract back into place. 3 other doctors told me he was a quack and it would never work. But they were all getting insurance money from constant pain management "treatments" and "visits." They also told me id be on disability the rest of my life. So I listened to the "quack" and it worked for me.

Haha I sound like an infomercial now.
AFLAC! AFLAC!(Quack)!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #1148
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22392 Times on 12494 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Damn this must be a magnet for back people!

5 in the lower back and three in my upper and neck. The doc doesn't think cutting will do any good anymore. I've had issues with my back most my life though. So I guess I'm a little used to it.
went in this afternoon to the chiropractor and got another adjustment, to help straighten out a pinched nerve in my lower back. hopefully i'll be able to go back to work tomorrow.

surgery isn't an option as there would be no improvement even if they did surgery. my only option now is to hope that the doctors can keep my pain at a tolerable level, without resorting to heavy pain killers.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 10-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #1149
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Pet peeve: people who think that restricting law enforcements gun options will somehow accomplish something positive for the 2nd amendment.

Proponents of the 2nd amendment should be in favor of lifting small arms restrictions across the board. Not this piecemeal tit for tat crap that accomplishes nothing but more regulation and restriction of our rights.

Example: Instead of saying "I don't think police should have automatic weapons because I can't have them." You should be saying "I don't think automatic weapons should be restricted."

The LEO who has an automatic weapon had to get training and get papers. The agency had to pay money for it.

You can pay money get training and get papers and have an automatic weapon too. But neither of you should have to.

Neither should have to do anything "special" to carry an automatic weapon at all. It's your right. Thats where the debate should be focused. Not this "they get this but we only get that" crap that comes up on here occasionally.

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-07-2013 at 11:02 PM.
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #1150
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10269 Times on 5496 Posts
Likes Given: 21997

We can't get automatics made after 1986.