Pet peeves...we all got'em - Page 110
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pet peeves...we all got'em

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 03:18 AM   #1091
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mason609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 1,842
Liked 919 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
It was not a specific incident. I do not demand respect. I was not demanding respect in any post I have posted. What I was responding to was sheer cop/military bashing. I cant speak for the military guys. I've been in LE for my entire adult life. LEOs "lose respect" collectively when ONE guy out of 700,000 makes a mistake or is a jerk. Just because some schmuck in Chicago got out of line at the end of a heavily edited 5 minute long brutal fight which was initiated by the subject not the officer, does not mean that *I* am an inherently brutal person. Or that the other 699,999 officers in the US are inherently brutal people.


That's the "problem" with "LEOs." There are 700,000 of us, not including MPs. And people love to paint all 700,000 of us AND the MPs with the color of the latest "scandal" that the news media digs up.

Worst case? 1 guy was a jerk, made a lot of mistakes and got fired for it. Everyone looks at me through the lense of the jerk. They even ask me "are you going to do X like officer X in new york city did?"

Usual case? The media has a slow news day and goes trolling for the worst possible stupid news it can get. And anything they can find on cops is "golden." I worked part time at a TV station. I know this for a fact. They HUNT police like guys on here hunt trophy bucks. They actually edited footage that we released to the public of a subject's violent actions towards us and our response, which was done within our use of force. They edited all the subjects actions out of it and just showed back to back shots of our "brutal use of force."

Once they even did an "investigative report" about how the evil police occasionally park in fire lanes at Walmart. They shoved a microphone in an officers face and asked a series of questions to which he had "no comment." And tried to pretend that because the guy had no comment he must have had no reason to park there. And tried to pretend that it was a "fire hazard."

We park there occasionally because some Walmarts ask us to park there because the visible presence of a unit right by the door tends to deter shoplifters. We park there sometimes because we are responding to a call of something bad going on inside and don't have time to drive around looking for a parking space.

We park there sometimes because we are there to pick up someone who has just been arrested and are liable for their safety and so we do our best to treat them like we would want to be treated and not parade them across the entire parking lot while in handcuffs. Plus the farther they walk in cuffs the more likely they are to trip and sue us for the damage.

If there is a fire, we share a radio system. We will be notified before the fire department gets there. We will move the unit. If we don't, the fire department will use their push bumpers and move it for us. No harm done.

The guy had no comment because we are not allowed to comment to any member of the news media without direct permission from the PR director or the administrators. He had no comment because he parked there during the investigation of a crime and we do not discuss ongoing investigations with anyone. That is also left up to the discretion of PR and the administration. Making a comment can mean getting a suspension or losing a job. Not good.

The result of that? I pull up to a hospital to transport several very sick people we had arrested from the hospital to the prison. I checked out a paddywagon that we use specifically for that. It was pouring down rain. I pulled into a designated "emergency vehicle parking." Which the hospital policy states (among others like EMS) are our vehicles. Especially when we are transporting people to and from the hospital for treatment.

A bunch of jerks call in and complain that there is another unit parked in "a fire lane."

I get a phone call to park somewhere else. Even though the supervisor knew exactly where I was parked and that it was allowed by office and hospital policy.

3 officers, 3 nurses and 3 very sick inmates in cuffs and shackles had to find their way to the unit in the pouring down rain. Why? Because sometimes these idiots paint us all with the same brush. A brush they should really just shove up their kahuna.

Police and clergy are just about the only profession where 1 guy out of 700,000 makes a mistake and the whole world blames the 700,000 for that mistake.
Unfortunately, it's not "ONE guy out of 700,000". There are many more than ONE. Many of them don't make national news, so they tend to get overlooked. I'm sure many instances can be found, but most people don't go out of their way to look for these types of stories.

And yes, I know that there are plenty of instances where what happened was blown way out of proportion, as well as people coming upon the incident in the middle of it.

Also, if it were only "ONE guy out of 700,000", then why do most departments have internal affairs? Surely if it were only 1 guy, then IA wouldn't exist.
__________________
Insert witty comment here......


Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere
Mason609 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #1092
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
austin92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,004
Liked 230 Times on 172 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989
When people say retard, I think timing...
Ha, I thought I was the only one!
austin92 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #1093
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609

Unfortunately, it's not "ONE guy out of 700,000". There are many more than ONE. Many of them don't make national news, so they tend to get overlooked. I'm sure many instances can be found, but most people don't go out of their way to look for these types of stories.

And yes, I know that there are plenty of instances where what happened was blown way out of proportion, as well as people coming upon the incident in the middle of it.

Also, if it were only "ONE guy out of 700,000", then why do most departments have internal affairs? Surely if it were only 1 guy, then IA wouldn't exist.
Whatever. It's not the overwhelming majority the way you guys make it out to be. Enjoy your screwed up world.

Glad I'm not a part of it.
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:52 AM   #1094
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mason609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 1,842
Liked 919 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Whatever. It's not the overwhelming majority the way you guys make it out to be. Enjoy your screwed up world.
Show me exactly where I said it was the majority? You can't, because I didn't.

I DID, however, say that it's more than the ONE guy you state.

My screwed up world is better than your deluded world.

(oh, by the way... it's comments like that that make people lose respect for others)
__________________
Insert witty comment here......


Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere
Mason609 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #1095
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,222
Liked 4360 Times on 2419 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Ha, I thought I was the only one!
No, somehow things always relate back to engines for me...


As far as cops go, I've only ever met one I genuinely didn't like and I don't judge them all by the one I didn't like, I don't think it's fair, he earned every ounce of hatred I have for him but that shouldn't make me hate other cops. Same way I don't think it's fair for people to look at me and say, "Most women don't make it in this field." I say F*** you I'm not most women.
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #1096
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Here's a new pet peeve. People who pick up bags of chips (jalapeno in this case), decides not to get them later, and instead of taking them back to where they found them, they choose to leave them all over the store for others to clean up.

I'd like to shove those chips up their ass.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 10-04-2013 at 04:40 AM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:37 AM   #1097
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Whatever. It's not the overwhelming majority the way you guys make it out to be. Enjoy your screwed up world.

Glad I'm not a part of it.
Where did he say it was the majority? Most here don't say that. Certain departments maybe (NYPD sucks, you can't deny that), but not all cops as a whole.

It's wrong to lump all cops together, but it is also pretty delusional to think that there are not a lot of bad cops out there, because there are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
No, somehow things always relate back to engines for me...


As far as cops go, I've only ever met one I genuinely didn't like and I don't judge them all by the one I didn't like, I don't think it's fair, he earned every ounce of hatred I have for him but that shouldn't make me hate other cops. Same way I don't think it's fair for people to look at me and say, "Most women don't make it in this field." I say F*** you I'm not most women.
In my experience, most cops are nice or at least respectful. I have yet to meet one that I actually disliked.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 10-04-2013 at 07:10 AM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #1098
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiseman3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fresno,California
Posts: 1,206
Liked 406 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
How's this for today's pet peeve? http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23596179/2013/10/02/officer-dropping-off-daughter-at-school-asked Numb nutted communist school admins who want to keep uniformed police officers from dropping their little kids off at school. WTF?!?!
I saw this story and literally wanted to beat not only the school officials, but the parents that are complaining. Right now, I think every person that is in uniform should be encouraged to wear it everywhere. Makes everywhere they are a hard target, and less likely to be the next location of the next mass shooting or stabbing or any other way so lunatic would come up with to create a mass casualty situation. My pet peeve that just hit, people who don't practice anti-terrorism methodology.
__________________
My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James
Wiseman3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #1099
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

My original problem was with something in a completely different thread. But since we apparently have a much larger amount of media worshipping sheeple on this forum than I realized, and some of them have apparently decided to follow me here, let me present the cold hard facts.

And this isn't information from the police world. It's from a third party organization with a mission to gather data on the scope of the problem of police misconduct so that it can be better addressed.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics stated that there were 794,300 sworn law enforcement officers in the US in 2010.

The National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project stated that in 2010 6,613 sworn law enforcement officers were involved in alleged misconduct in the year 2010.

That's 0.8%. And those statistics do not reflect how many out of the 6,613 officers listed in the report actually committed the misconduct, and how many were falsely accused.

That's the reality. Like it or not. Its a drop in the bucket. And now I'm done. Believe what you want, I'm proud of the amazing people I work with. And I'm posting this same information in the other thread. But it doesn't matter because I'm done with this topic on both threads. Have fun sheeple! I'm sure you'll find a way to explain away the facts. After all, everyone knows cops are all crooked. We saw it on TV so it must be true!

Just like Y2K. Keep drinking the kool aid.

Delta out.
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-04-2013 at 06:50 AM.
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #1100
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dcilten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 181
Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
It is all in how you use it. I would have a problem with you using the word "retard" because you do not seem to understand its significance, nor do you appear to understand context. For example, you claim that "retard" is the clinical definition of a mental handicap. It is not. Ask any doctor (I don't suppose you are one).
I stand corrected. And thanks for not being a jerk about it too. :sarcasm
dcilten is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Relationship pet peeves Zombiegirl The Club House 716 03-24-2013 04:10 PM



Newest Threads