Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Pet peeves...we all got'em (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/pet-peeves-we-all-gotem-92063/)

Sonic82 06-09-2013 10:07 PM

Pet peeves...we all got'em

This is my latest. And it happens nearly every time I'm at a gas station. Now...this new practice of not getting a receipt, like it's optional when checking out I've always found a little odd. But...I'm flexible and those receipts do just accumulate. My wife and I check our credit card charges about every other day online and I can remember what I charged in that short of time span. What irritates me is...while I'm putting my card back in my wallet the cashier is asking me "would you like a receipt?" and I'll say, "no, that's ok" and then in an instant as I'm looking up from my wallet the little display facing with the total has cleared and reads $0.00. The receipt is being crumpled and thrown in the trash. I NEVER get a chance to see what I've been charged. From time to time I say "I would like to have seen what I've been charged first!".....they look at me like I'm some kinda of grump. And where I live these gas stations are busy with a line behind you. I've decided I'm just going to say 'yes' when they ask if I want a receipt. S**t...for all I know they could have charged me $158 instead of $10.58...end of rant.

rurak 06-09-2013 10:09 PM

Where are you filling up for 10.58$?!?!?!?!?!?

Sonic82 06-09-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rurak (Post 1272230)
Where are you filling up for 10.58$?!?!?!?!?!?

Sometimes it's a Snickers bar, a quart of oil and a jug of milk.

....and I rarely carry cash..ok (I know that's coming next ;) )

Axxe55 06-09-2013 11:01 PM

one of my pet peave gripes is having to ask for a sack for my purchases at a convienance store now. i remember when they did it automatically.

Sniper03 06-09-2013 11:13 PM

One of my pet peeves is people working in a store, business or sporting goods department (Preferably Gun, Ammo, Fishing Tackle) that do not know the first thing about the products or applications. And especially those who pretend to know and advise you of facts and information when it is very obvious they do not!
It is very hard to be polite at all in these incidents. I must admit, sometimes I am not!;)

MisterMcCool 06-09-2013 11:13 PM

It's the return of the "I hate" thread! :D

Axxe55 06-09-2013 11:18 PM

another one of my pet peave gripes is cell phones! i hate cell phones!

have you ever been in a store and the customer in front of you is so absorbed in their phone conversation that they drag out getting waited on?

or what about when the clerk is suppose to be waiting on you, and they are on their cell phone? hey! aren't you suppose to be working? like waiting on me?

eatmydust 06-09-2013 11:34 PM

Tip jars on every counter of every damn convenience store, fast food joint, coffee palace, donut shop, gas station, drive-thru lane, etc., etc., etc.!

F4U 06-09-2013 11:34 PM

One of mine is people who want to converse by text. " home soon" or "running late" is a good use of texting. A 2-hour conversation of texts drives me insane.

Axxe55 06-09-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatmydust (Post 1272322)
Tip jars on every counter of every damn convenience store, fast food joint, coffee palace, donut shop, gas station, drive-thru lane, etc., etc., etc.!

the only place where i used a tip jar was at the bar!:D