Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Personality type test

View Poll Results: Your result
INTJ 11 42.31%
ISTP 1 3.85%
INTP 1 3.85%
ENTJ 2 7.69%
ESTJ 2 7.69%
Other (post below) 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 02:44 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1679 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 1269

Istj- aka -a$$---e

Old 03-27-2014, 03:07 AM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5455 Times on 2847 Posts
Likes Given: 350

That test is a little scary

Istp
Like their fellow SPs, ISTPs are fundamentally Performers (note the capital 'P' :-)), but as Ts their areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic like those of ISFPs, and unlike most ESPs they do not present an impression of constant activity. On the contrary, they lie dormant, saving their energy until a project or an adventure worthy of their time comes along--and then they launch themselves at it. The apparently frenzied state that inevitably ensues is actually much more controlled than it appears--ISTPs always seem to know what they're doing when it comes to physical or mechanical obstacles--but the whole chain of events presents a confusing and paradoxical picture to an outsider.
ISTPs are equally difficult to understand in their need for personal space, which in turn has an impact on their relationships with others. They need to be able to "spread out"--both physically and psychologically--which generally implies encroaching to some degree on others, especially if they decide that something of someone else's is going to become their next project. (They are generally quite comfortable, however, with being treated the same way they treat others--at least in this respect.) But because they need such a lot of flexibility to be as spontaneous as they feel they must be, they tend to become as inflexible as the most rigid J when someone seems to be threatening their lifestyle (although they usually respond with a classic SP rage which is yet another vivid contrast to their "dormant," impassive, detached mode). These territorial considerations are usually critical in relationships with ISTPs; communication also tends to be a key issue, since they generally express themselves non-verbally. When they do actually verbalize, ISTPs are masters of the one-liner, often showing flashes of humor in the most tense situations; this can result in their being seen as thick-skinned or tasteless.
Like most SPs, ISTPs may have trouble with rote and abstract classroom learning, which tend not to be good measures of their actual intelligence. They tend, sometimes with good reason, to be highly skeptical of its practical value, and often gravitate towards classes in industrial arts; part-time vocational/ technical programs can be useful to even the college-bound ISTP. In terms of careers, mechanics and any of the skilled trades are traditional choices, and those ISTPs with strong numerical as well mechanical gifts tend to do extremely well in most areas of engineering. Working as paramedics or firefighters can fulfill the ISTP need to live on the edge; they are at their best in a crisis, where their natural disregard for rules and authority structures allows them to focus on and tackle the emergency at hand in the most effective way.
ISTPs with more sedate careers usually take on high-risk avocations like racing, skydiving, and motorcycling. While aware of the dangers involved, they are so in touch with the physical world that they know they can get away with much smaller safety margins than other types.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 701 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

It does seem to be dead on, I found this in the other forum, thought it was funny and true.

image.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR
People Like This 
Old 03-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 935 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 1210

Here's a link that further explains your grouping it's set to mine ENTP however yours is a click away..

http://www.typelogic.com/entp.html

Become steel or get cut.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1155 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 2189

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
I didn't take the test. I think that they belong in Cosmopolitan magazine.
And what's wrong with Cosmo?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #26
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20859 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52397

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
And what's wrong with Cosmo?
Cosmo is racier than Playboy sometimes!
TLuker Likes This 
Old 03-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #27

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

I don't subscribe to the Jung way of thinking, you want to pigeon hole each person into a single type, that is stupid, each person is a individual and their own type unlike the next person. It is easier to control masses if you qualify them as one type or another. Who the hell is the dictator that want's to do this? Hitler, Stalin, King George, the Pope? Well it's someone that does not believe in individual rights and that anyone can be their own person and think for themselves.

Well it is not my cup of tea, looks like time for another tea party, meet you all in Boston Harbor.

Jim

Old 03-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1126 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 648

Istj .................

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:22 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 701 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
I don't subscribe to the Jung way of thinking, you want to pigeon hole each person into a single type, that is stupid, each person is a individual and their own type unlike the next person. It is easier to control masses if you qualify them as one type or another. Who the hell is the dictator that want's to do this? Hitler, Stalin, King George, the Pope? Well it's someone that does not believe in individual rights and that anyone can be their own person and think for themselves.

Well it is not my cup of tea, looks like time for another tea party, meet you all in Boston Harbor.

Jim
The individual personality is defined by many things, your beliefs, experiences and those around you.

You can't define an individual with this test or any other, but you can find patterns in their basic traits
Those traits only make us human, it's the paths that those traits influence that makes us who we are.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 03-28-2014, 05:42 AM   #30

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

INTP

Introvert(44%)**iNtuitive(25%)**Thinking(50%)**Per ceiving(11)%

You have*moderate*preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)You have*moderate*preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)You have*moderate*preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)You have*slight*preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

Sent from my VK810 4G using Firearms Talk mobile app