Personal Protection - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Personal Protection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 10:40 AM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Agreed my friend. 100% agreed....

JD
You know, the FBI tried 10mm for a short time after that Florida shoot out. Those knuckleheads couldn't hit a barn at point blank range! And they were crying about the recoil too... It's my Humble Opinion that, we issue the FBI sling shots and pea gravel for ammo.

Leave the 45's & 10mm's s to us experienced shooters...

Old 09-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
You know, the FBI tried 10mm for a short time after that Florida shoot out. Those knuckleheads couldn't hit a barn at point blank range! And they were crying about the recoil too... It's my Humble Opinion that, we issue the FBI sling shots and pea gravel for ammo.

Leave the 45's & 10mm's s to us experienced shooters...
That was kind of my point. The FBI has gone through generations worth of EEO and "balancing" of their force so that it has become more of a watered downed, stepping stone path to something else, like getting your law degree and moving on up.

You no longer seem to have the hard charging, career minded agents like they had back when the Bureau was started. At least, the majority is not like that ( NOTE: FBI HRT Teams aside ).

If you took a standard cross section of a field office when they were hunting down John Dillinger back in the day, and laid it next to a cross section of the field office of say, the Atlanta Olympic Park Bombing investigation, I am sure you would notice some very serious differences across the board. While the tactics and tools and science was greatly advanced, the overall dedicated "police" skills of the average agent would not compare.

Throw in about a thousand levels of bureaucracy, because God Forbid someone be able to make a decision and stand behind it, and you have the average FBI of today. Gender-normed, watered down, with more college degrees in an office than actual team members with real world operational experience.

After all, you can't expect an M.I.T. grad to have to worry about carrying a weapon AND being able to use the damn thing.

JD