Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Personal Defense TV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Personal Defense TV

A brand new season of Personal Defense TV is beginning tomorrow (10-03-07) on the Outdoor Channel. This is the second season, and promises to be better than the first. The host, Tom Gresham, is a noted gun writer (G&A, etc.) and radio personality (Tom Gresham's Gun Talk). Featured in the programming are well known gun pros, such as Clint Smith and Massad Ayoob, among others. The show is politically incorrect in that it demonstrates various techniques and tools for defending yourself, both armed and sometimes unarmed.

Brief synopsis from the web page;
"Personal Defense TV is back with an all-new season that delivers on the number 1 reason people own guns — self defense. Join Tom Gresham and the crew as they cover everything from shooting through windshields to defending against bear attacks. This season, Dick Metcalf highlights more of the latest equipment you need to keep you and your family safe and we tap Massad Ayoob for practical tactics that will help you if you're attacked. The always popular Clint Smith shares drills on everything from rapid fire with a single-shot shotgun, to advanced tactics with AR-15s. "

Gun Talk Radio
http://www.guntalk.com/site.php

Personal Defense TV
http://www.gunsandammomag.com/pdtv/

The Outdoor Channel
http://www.outdoorchannel.com/Shows/...DefenseTV.aspx
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #2

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

I'm a great fan of Tom. I like and enjoy his "common sense" approach of doing things. He explores this every week on "Gun Talk". Here is my dilemma. I have Cable. I would like to go to a dish system because it offers the Outdoor Channel. My basic or Premimum Cable does not. Who should I go with? Can they use my existing lines? Is this a big deal? I don't trust advertisments. What does it take in dollar and sense terms to get Tom, and everyone else I enjoy, into my living room?? Bill T.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
Here is my dilemma. I have Cable. I would like to go to a dish system because it offers the Outdoor Channel. My basic or Premimum Cable does not. Who should I go with? Can they use my existing lines? Is this a big deal? I don't trust advertisments. What does it take in dollar and sense terms to get Tom, and everyone else I enjoy, into my living room?? Bill T.
I added digital cable from the basic package (Comcast) for two reasons.
1. The Outdoor Channel.
2. The Military Channel.

Digital has DVR service which I understand is like TIVO, so I can record programs digitally, two at a time if I want, and replay them at my convenience. You can also stop, pause, rewind, and replay live programming. Pretty cool stuff for a guy who can't figure out how to set the time on the DVD player.

I have no way of knowing the answer to your other questions. I'd suggest you give the satellite TV companies a call and get the best deal you can. It probably won't be cheap, but some things are worth a few bux a month.

All Rights Reserved

Old 10-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #4

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
It probably won't be cheap, but some things are worth a few bux a month.
I won't argue with that. I just gave up a cell phone for $30.00 a month, simply because my wife and I never use the thing. There isn't anyone I need to talk to so bad it can't wait until I get home. I'd rather put that $30.00 a month toward something that will occupy my time several hours a month, instead of minutes a year. Bill T.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #5

Dear Bill T,
Please, oh please tell me that's NOT a picture of you in your avatar.

All Rights Reserved