This person was teaching in college... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > This person was teaching in college...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I'm sorry; Which one was underage? Which one wasn't consenting?
I would think the undercover cop was not a consenting party. His plans were to bust his ass and arrest him, not engage in sex with him. Of course there are those who would argue that the cop led the professor to believe he was a consenting participant. Using the defense that one did not believe they were breaking the law has not had much historical success. The courts have traditionally said that people are responsible for knowing what the laws are.

Last edited by BlueTurf; 06-10-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #22

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Actually, I do...but I welcome you to please give me 1 example of a Government regulation that is good for business, good good for the economy or somehow makes anything better for the consumer?

Tack
Come on. I don't know where you or Ron Paul live but I suspect that if either of you lived in a trailer park or a suburban neighborhood your sense of humor about the man/woman/tranny next door plying the world's oldest trade at all hours of the day & night would be seriously diminished. And you really don't believe that pollution regulations have done anything helpful to consumers? Same deal here: if you lived downstream from a chrome plating plant or any other user of hazardous chemicals I guarantee you'd sing a different tune about whether or not there should be any restrictions on where they can dump their waste.

Could you in turn give me one example of a self-regulating industry that didn't end up abusing the consumer, the environment, the labor force, the law or any combination of these?

Old 06-11-2012, 02:29 AM   #23

Liked 4822 Times on 2337 Posts
Likes Given: 1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
You can't seriously believe that any & every 'business' transaction should be unregulated. This is a really weak, ultra-libertarian argument.
Quote:
Come on. I don't know where you or Ron Paul live but I suspect that if either of you lived in a trailer park or a suburban neighborhood your sense of humor about the man/woman/tranny next door plying the world's oldest trade at all hours of the day & night would be seriously diminished. And you really don't believe that pollution regulations have done anything helpful to consumers? Same deal here: if you lived downstream from a chrome plating plant or any other user of hazardous chemicals I guarantee you'd sing a different tune about whether or not there should be any restrictions on where they can dump their waste.

Could you in turn give me one example of a self-regulating industry that didn't end up abusing the consumer, the environment, the labor force, the law or any combination of these?
I don't know where Dr Paul lives but I work hard to afford an upscale suburban neighborhood who's CC&R's prevent such activity. I suppose you could argue these are regulations but they are voluntary, if you don't like them, don't buy here.

Regarding pollution, yes, I'm quite certain the evil corporation would work hard to poison there customers downstream to maximize profits so they could hand them over to victims when the dust settles from the class action lawsuit.

Regarding Energy, we created the Energy Department in tue 70's to free us from reliance on foreign oil...that's worked well. They hamstring domestic production with a new environmental regulation at every turn. Logically our demand has increased with our population growth over the last 3 decades but our domestic production is prevented from expanding by the eco. Nuts in DC which subsequently has us funding the very oil producing regimes who fund our enemies.

Most here would advise you to Do some research and study history before engaging old Tack in debate.

This is a Battle of whitts and you sir are fresh out of ammo!!

Tack

Old 06-11-2012, 02:53 AM   #24

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Who cares what two adults do be hind closed doors?

Old 06-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #25

Liked 724 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 232

I would think the professor would lose his job. Most all schools and colleges would have moral and criminal activity clauses in their contracts. So he would be setting a poor example by breaking the contract besides losing his job.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #26

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
I don't know where Dr Paul lives but I work hard to afford an upscale suburban neighborhood who's CC&R's prevent such activity. I suppose you could argue these are regulations but they are voluntary, if you don't like them, don't buy here.
Yes, I would most definitely classify those as 'regulations'. I'm also fairly sure that there are other state/local regulations backing up these "CC&Rs". So you lose on this point...

Quote:
Regarding pollution, yes, I'm quite certain the evil corporation would work hard to poison there customers downstream to maximize profits so they could hand them over to victims when the dust settles from the class action lawsuit.
Your sarcasm notwithstanding, many of these regulations are also absolutely necessary. So you lose on this point...

Quote:
Regarding Energy, we created the Energy Department in tue 70's to free us from reliance on foreign oil...that's worked well. They hamstring domestic production with a new environmental regulation at every turn. Logically our demand has increased with our population growth over the last 3 decades but our domestic production is prevented from expanding by the eco. Nuts in DC which subsequently has us funding the very oil producing regimes who fund our enemies.
The only people who believe that the all-benevolent oil companies would sell us their domestically produced oil at bargain-basement, below world-market prices are their pet politicians & their minions of reality-denying electors. Since you've more or less conceded the point about pollution regulations, I'm gonna have to say that you lose this point, too... (Just FYI, domestic oil production has increased under the current administration* & the "hamstrings" you mention include up to $4B in taxpayer-funded subsidies & tax breaks.) * this is not an endorsement of the current administration, just another inconvenient statistic offered by many, many sources.

Quote:
Most here would advise you to Do some research and study history before engaging... in debate.

This is a Battle of whitts and you sir are fresh out of ammo!!

Tack
With all due respect, you'd do well to follow your own advice here. I'm not really interested in debate; I've never met a single person that was swayed from their political opinions - regardless of which part of the political spectrum they fall into - by facts, figures, stats or common sense.

I would never try to defend all, or even most, government regulations, but I'm afraid I had to call you out on your (poorly defended) opinion that they are all evil.

If I'm out of ammo, you're definitely armed with one of these:

Old 06-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

I believe prostitution is a victimless crime and shouldn't be illegal. But that's just me. What do I know?

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #28

Liked 4822 Times on 2337 Posts
Likes Given: 1503

Quote:
Yes, I would most definitely classify those as 'regulations'. I'm also fairly sure that there are other state/local regulations backing up these "CC&Rs". So you lose on this point...

There is a big difference between voluntary agreements that keep your neighbor from painting there house pink or parking there rust bucket RV on the street and Government erosion of rights through regulations.

Your sarcasm notwithstanding, many of these regulations are also absolutely necessary. So you lose on this point...

Huh...too vague to offer a counter point.

The only people who believe that the all-benevolent oil companies would sell us their domestically produced oil at bargain-basement, below world-market prices are their pet politicians & their minions of reality-denying electors. Since you've more or less conceded the point about pollution regulations, I'm gonna have to say that you lose this point, too... (Just FYI, domestic oil production has increased under the current administration* & the "hamstrings" you mention include up to $4B in taxpayer-funded subsidies & tax breaks.) * this is not an endorsement of the current administration, just another inconvenient statistic offered by many, many sources.

I've conceded nothing on pollution regulations. Are you aware we use 3 times the energy to recycle products as it takes to create them from scratch? Are you aware that any recent increases to domestic production has been on "private land" where the administration can't hold up permits? Are you aware that all of this "new" production are wells at greater depth and expense than what's available on Govt land and that the only reason extraction pencils out is a global market with oil continuing to bump up against $100 Per barrel? Do you understand economics enough to grasp the fact that an increase in domestic US production will increase global supply and drive down the global price of crude?

With all due respect, you'd do well to follow your own advice here. I'm not really interested in debate; I've never met a single person that was swayed from their political opinions - regardless of which part of the political spectrum they fall into - by facts, figures, stats or common sense.

If your not interested in debate then don't question others position, especially when you can't back up you own. Turn of the video loop of Erin Brokovich, open a book, and learn something. I guarantee it will be more productive than starting debates you can't win then claiming that your not interested in a debate..

I would never try to defend all, or even most, government regulations, but I'll afraid I had to call you out on your (poorly defended) opinion that they are all evil.

For the most part they are All evil. Well intentioned politicians with a "do something" attitude have regulated our nation so far from it's roots that the founders would no longer recognize it. About time to hit the reset button.
If I'm out of ammo, you're definitely armed with one of these:
Cute...Be sure to use that pistol when gas reaches $8 per gallon and you need to hold up the Chevron to fill you tank. Good thing we already know your "out of ammo!"

Tack

Old 06-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #29

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Cute...Be sure to use that pistol when gas reaches $8 per gallon and you need to hold up the Chevron to fill you tank.
How do morality and/or prostitution laws make gas reach $8? (also, it's supposed to be your gun, remember?)
Quote:
Good thing we already know your "out of ammo!"

Tack
Har! Hey, wait. Was that some sort of innuendo?

Old 06-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #30

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

He the hell did we get from 68 year old cross dressing hooker to you two pissing and moaning about gas prices?

Prostitution unto its self is victimless what about the hundreds of thousands of your girls and boys taken each day and sold into the sex slave trade? Even right here in the USA kids are kidnapped and sold into the sex slave trade to be hookers and sex slaves. To be mistreated by rich scum bags who think its a thrill to tie up beat and rape a teen age girl.....

Unfortunately that is the biggest problem.