Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   This person was teaching in college... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/person-teaching-college-66084/)

Overkill0084 06-09-2012 12:19 AM

This person was teaching in college...I'd want a refund on that tuition.
 
This is one of those "You can't make this **** up" incidents:

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2012-06-08/uga-professor-charged-prostitution

Quote:

A University of Georgia professor of German was arrested Thursday afternoon by Gwinnett County police after dressing up as a woman and agreeing to have sex with an undercover officer, according to Gwinnett County Police Cpl. Jake Smith.
Max Roland Reinhart, 65, faces a charge of prostitution after agreeing to give the undercover officer 30 minutes of sexual service for $60. He also is charged with keeping a place of prostitution for renting a room at the Guest House Inn in Norcross, where he and the undercover officer met, Smith said. Contrary to what the charge of keeping a place of prostitution might seem to indicate, Reinhart did not run a brothel, but only sold his services, Smith explained.
:eek:

There are some seriously messed up people gravitating toward teaching in recent years, but this is unique.

partdeux 06-09-2012 01:35 AM

seriously messed up, but what harm is in commerce between two consenting adults?

Overkill0084 06-09-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux (Post 829863)
seriously messed up, but what harm is in commerce between two consenting adults?

So you'd be good with paying this guy to teach your kids german knowing his particular... proclivity? Sorry, I'm not so open minded.

JonM 06-09-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux (Post 829863)
seriously messed up, but what harm is in commerce between two consenting adults?

the reason its illegal is because someone is having fun someone else is making money that is almost impossible to tax

partdeux 06-09-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084 (Post 829871)
So you'd be good with paying this guy to teach your kids german knowing his particular... proclivity? Sorry, I'm not so open minded.

If I was bothered by his proclivity, then maybe, but who cares, he's teaching German.

What difference does it make, as long as my kid learns German?

Overkill0084 06-09-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux (Post 829879)
If I was bothered by his proclivity, then maybe, but who cares, he's teaching German.

What difference does it make, as long as my kid learns German?

If I need to explain...
I suspect there is no way we are going to agree.

How about leading your son's cub scout troop?

partdeux 06-09-2012 02:18 AM

Two consenting adults

College teacher...

Changing material facts is not important to this discussion.

Overkill0084 06-09-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux (Post 829913)
Two consenting adults

College teacher...

Changing material facts is not important to this discussion.

In this particular instance, there were in fact not two consenting adults. Otherwise...no article.

I'm thinking "former college teacher" sounds better.

Trying to figure out if there is any place you draw the line.

Rick1967 06-09-2012 02:32 AM

I am with you Overkill.

Vincine 06-09-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084 (Post 829921)
In this particular instance, there were in fact not two consenting adults. . . .

I'm sorry; Which one was underage? Which one wasn't consenting?


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:08 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.