Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Person from my past trying to contact me (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/person-my-past-trying-contact-me-90504/)

steadyshot 05-11-2013 04:40 PM

Person from my past trying to contact me

OK, this morning in the office at work there is a voice message for me on the recorder. It is from a guy a know and was somewhat friends with more than a decade ago. In fact, it has been 12 years since I have heard from this guy. I stopped hanging around with this guy and his crowd a long time ago because of his questionable character and troublesome ways. Well anyway the message at work said "Hi XXXX this is XXXX, I haven't heard from you in a while, give me a call". He leaves his number and contact information. Now one of the reasons this guy hasn't heard from me or anyone else in a while is because he has been in prison for the last 5 years for stabbing a guy in a bar fight.

I want NOTHING to do with this guy.

Any suggestions on how to go about keeping this guy away from my family and me?

Overkill0084 05-11-2013 04:45 PM

Honestly, you will probably be best served by making contact and explaining your feelings. Tap dancing around the issue will only make it take longer.
The fact that he sought you out after 12 years, might also mean that he has had some sort of life change. Longshot? Probably. Either way, you will be better off getting things out in the open.

limbkiller 05-11-2013 04:47 PM

Don't call him at all. No matter if he tries to call you again.

MisterMcCool 05-11-2013 05:28 PM

If you happen to answer his call, tell him it has been a long time and you have moved on. If he persists, put your big balls on and tell him to lose your number. How did he get your work number anyway?

Steel_Talon 05-11-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limbkiller (Post 1243604)

Good Advice

steadyshot 05-11-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1243630)
If you happen to answer his call, tell him it has been a long time and you have moved on. If he persists, put your big balls on and tell him to lose your number. How did he get your work number anyway?

I've worked at the same place for the last 18 years. My office number is published in the phone book. Thankfully he doesn't have my current cell or home phone number.

winds-of-change 05-11-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

This is what I would do. Any interaction, even if it's negative, might encourage him. I would not call back at all and hope he hunts someone else down to bother.

steadyshot 05-11-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1243637)
This is what I would do. Any interaction, even if it's negative, might encourage him. I would not call back at all and hope he hunts someone else down to bother.

This is what I plan to do at the present time. Hope It works....

locutus 05-11-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Good advice. Leave the bad from the past in the past.

Jagermeister 05-11-2013 09:50 PM

Good move not wanting to see the guy at all. Many times police go with the assumption of guilty by association. Felons are constantly being targeted by police. They will handcuff everybody until they figure things out. Not a good experience. My biological father was in law enforcement, and I learned a lot from him, to include firearms. I hope he gets the idea. Good luck my friend!!!!