Permission Denied
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Permission Denied

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts

Default Permission Denied

Sometimes when I go to a thread it comes up "permission denied" wondering if everyone gets that? Seems to happen on political themed threads

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9542 Times on 4105 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Thas bekause yer a gurl

Sorry- off my meds again.

Some time ago, we had a spate of folks that came by, joined as basic members, and proceeded to post on nothing BUT political side of the forum. They were not well mannered folks. Matter of fact, if you disagreed with them in any manner at all, I would have to class them as flaming screaming loonies.

After we finished spraying Lysol around the forum, Admin decided there would be a waiting period for new members over on political threads. Seems to have worked well so far, reduced the screaming and tantrums quite a bit (Oh, sometimes we DO throw a hissy fit, but it is someone that has been around a while, and does not consider it a mortal threat if the other members tell them they are being a jerk.

Drop a note to Admin (notkdu). You have been a well spoken, well mannered member here.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #3

Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts

[QUOTE="c3shooter"]Thas bekause yer a gurl

Sorry- off my meds again.

c3, you do amuse me so. I will drop a note to notkdu. I am chompin' at the bit to read a couple of those threads!

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk

Old 01-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #4

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Those thread titles do peak my intersests too,I was under the impression that you had to be a supporting member to see them. I do plan to become one once work picks up more,this is an awesome site. Do you have to have a certain amount of posts? Or is it a time since you joined type thing?

Last edited by Jstrong; 01-12-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:11 AM   #5

That is correct - it is $15 annual to get access to the Politics forum.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #6

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I was one of those that got into pissing contests with some of those that c3 is talking about.

I don't miss having access to those threads. They were a headache and seemed to be a place for personal attacks and threats to me.

I take c3's word that it's been cleaned up, but I'd still just as soon stay away from it myself.

And I get my political fill in the clubhouse.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8836 Times on 5112 Posts
Likes Given: 11535

I find the conversations there to be quite stimulating. I was on the receiving end of a few veiled threats but nothing I took seriously. Become a paying member, don't be an A$$hole and you will enjoy it. I look forward to seeing you there.

Truth be told, I probably spend too much of my time on that side of this forum. Unfortunately I can't afford to spend more time on the build threads and that sort. Building stuff costs $$$$$!

Old 01-12-2012, 04:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I find the conversations there to be quite stimulating. I was on the receiving end of a few veiled threats but nothing I took seriously. Become a paying member, don't be an A$$hole and you will enjoy it. I look forward to seeing you there.

Truth be told, I probably spend too much of my time on that side of this forum. Unfortunately I can't afford to spend more time on the build threads and that sort. Building stuff costs $$$$$!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Some time ago, we had a spate of folks that came by, joined as basic members, and proceeded to post on nothing BUT political side of the forum. They were not well mannered folks. Matter of fact, if you disagreed with them in any manner at all, I would have to class them as flaming screaming loonies.
Don't know if it was directed at me or not, and I'm not taking offense if it was, but I want to say I've very rarely gone out of my way to be an ass hole. This situation c3 points out is what I've run into talking politics with almost everyone, in the street, on the forum, on the phone, facebook, it doesn't matter.

People get extremely aggressive when talking politics and religion, but as long as the conversation remains amicable I'm fine. I have been known to totally lose my shtuff, here and elsewhere, usually after someone has attacked me personally because of my views.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 AM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8836 Times on 5112 Posts
Likes Given: 11535

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Don't know if it was directed at me or not, and I'm not taking offense if it was, but I want to say I've very rarely gone out of my way to be an ass hole. This situation c3 points out is what I've run into talking politics with almost everyone, in the street, on the forum, on the phone, facebook, it doesn't matter.

People get extremely aggressive when talking politics and religion, but as long as the conversation remains amicable I'm fine. I have been known to totally lose my shtuff, here and elsewhere, usually after someone has attacked me personally because of my views.

Trip,
I don't think I was directing my comment at you. That is unless you have made threats to me. Even if you did I do not take them seriously. If you were one of the A-holes you would know it via PM's sent by the mods. (So far I have not received one of those warnings myself. Maybe I am under the mod's radar. Shhhhh!)

Old 01-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #10

I don't think I've threatened anyone. I have gotten one of those very kindly worded (not sarcastic, it really was very polite) pm's from a mod.

Anyways, I've taken no offense, I thought your post looked like it was directed to me so I responded, and I hope you took no offense in return.