Paying in Pennies...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Paying in Pennies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 915

Default Paying in Pennies...

Some collage kids pay their fine 8,800 pennies! Apparently no "legal tender" can be refused... The police were called and told the business that they would be breaking federal law if they did not accept the pennies!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

cool! perfectly legal!

Old 12-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

That a good way to get back at them for towing the car. I would hate to be the guy who has to count those pennies.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #4

Liked 327 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I would hate to be the person counting those pennies as well. No wonder the woman tried to get out of it by saying she wouldn't take them unwrapped.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

If I was her, I would have just accepted them and told the boss if there was anything missing, I would personally pay the rest of it. I would rather pay a few dollars, than count all those pennies.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #6
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREATNESS!!!

"Legal tender for all debts public and private"

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

That has given me a wonderful idea how I can pay anything I might owe for income tax this next April. So happens I have a crapton of pennies....

Old 12-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #8

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I went through this while buying gas one time. They have to accept it, but one thing they can do is refuse to count it and have you count it out to them. In my case, I didn't mind, I had to have gas.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2721 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

Trez,

That was great! But these kids were the perfect example of what is wrong with America~ Stupidity! Evidently they do not have any respect or responsibility or have not been taught! Tying various officers up which is our tax dollars at work. And for their prank and keeping them from more important responsibilities. The kid even referred to the pennies on one occasion as she will not even accept rolled dollar bills. " He obviously was about a sharp as the Leading Edge of a Bowling Ball"! And one said that they would have to get O involved! God forbid as good as he is with the American budget issues!Then the issue that the towing company was either called by the Police or who ever, not the towing company's fault! And finally it made for an entertaining video. But by law the federal government is who "must" accept all forms of legal tender. But by law a merchant who sells products or services are permitted to specify which legal tender they will accept. Just to explain they have every right under the law to refuse pennies if they choose. For example when you go into a Quick Stop some will advise we do not take anything larger than $20.00 Bills. No hundreds or fifties for example. Not that credit cards are legal tender but many do not take American Express or Discover for example, But do take Master Card or Visa. Or a sign that advises no checks or debit cards. I probably would have messed with them myself. And advised since I have other job responsibilities and would be glad to accept the pennies! He could either take them to a bank and have them wrapped there and return, or it would take me a couple of days to have the time to count them to assure the correct amount was there and he could return in two days to get his car out. Plus two more days storage. Perfectly legal! Anyway the video was a hoot! I don't deal with S.A kids very well.
It would be game on!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #10

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

I wonder how many of them are in the occupy movement?

Have Gun....Will Travel