Pastor shoots would be robber - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pastor shoots would be robber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 7 Posts

OK, at face value man shoots BG during a robbery. What the hell does it matter if the shooter is a pastor, mechanic, or CPA? We ALL have the right to defend ourselves and our occupation is a moot point - period, end of story.

As far as the shooter being vague - makes sense to me as I wouldn't say ANYTHING that my lawyer didn't OK me to say.

This thread is proof that anytime anything religious is mentioned we're in for page after page of "divine arguments"...

Old 09-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I haven't seen any arguments really.

The pastor did the right thing, end of story.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
I stopped being a Christian long ago when I got confronted with liberal christian crap like this.

I believe in God...but I'm no christian.
I stopped believing in poetry a long time ago from great authors like Milton when Hallmark cards out and made a mockery of poetry.

Seriously? You can make whatever excuses you want, but not believing in Jesus' Words because of those who claim to follow him is, well, a fairly lame excuse for not believing in Jesus. "I can't believe what you say is true" "Why" "Because they're idiots and hypocrites in the world that also claim to follow you." To which JC replies "but who do YOU say that I am".....

Last edited by feedsasquatch; 09-29-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: nicer wording...

Old 09-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedsasquatch View Post
I stopped believing in poetry a long time ago from great authors like Milton when Hallmark cards out and made a mockery of poetry.

Seriously? You can make whatever excuses you want, but not believing in Jesus' Words because of those who claim to follow him is, well, a fairly lame excuse for not believing in Jesus. "I can't believe what you say is true" "Why" "Because they're idiots and hypocrites in the world that also claim to follow you." To which JC replies "but who do YOU say that I am".....
I believe in one god and Jesus but I do not believe in the bible actually.

It's a good story....but when one begins to write a revelation....it ceases to be a revelation and it all hear say.

I believe in the common good. You are either good and evil...and you should try your best to be good in your life.

I don't hate Christians. I love them plain and simple. I just don't believe in church and the bible.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #25

Default Christian Gun Owner

Has anyone been to the web site Christian Gun Owner?

Christian Gun Owner

I am going to cut and past something that hit home with me from his web site:

For the informed Christian, we know that the Bible does not call us to pacifism in protecting ourselves and our families from the criminals of this world.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:35 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsearfoss View Post
Has anyone been to the web site Christian Gun Owner?

Christian Gun Owner

I am going to cut and past something that hit home with me from his web site:

For the informed Christian, we know that the Bible does not call us to pacifism in protecting ourselves and our families from the criminals of this world.
Thanks, I'll check it out!

Old 09-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #27

wsearfoss,
Thanks for the link & your post.
Hopefully it'll help non-Christians understand why Christians carry guns. I have seen so many people shocked when they hear about a Christian that carries a gun. They start to judge our Christian ethics.
Let me also add...
In May of 2008, a man with a rifle opened fire outside a San Fernando Valley church wounding three people, one of them critically. On March 8, 2009 a 27 year old man in Maryville, IL shot a Pastor to death. In the first two months of 2009, Christian Security Network registered 139 incidents in 31 states against Christian churches, schools and ministries.
History in the U.S. and around the world tells us that violence directed against a church is not unusual. Yet it seems shocking to us that we would be dealing with it at this time, maybe because we think of ourselves as an advanced society. When you consider the aggressive nature to belittle and attack religious structures maybe we should not be surprised that some people are acting out their hatred in this manner.
BTW, I know of a few Pastors that carry.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 42

jiroZero713, I think your post #24 is a very clear assessment of what you are saying.

America: Love it and protect it or leave it!
In God I Trust
I Support Arizona

Old 09-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #29

I found this on the web site.

There are scores of scriptures that clearly show that God used men with weapons in the Old Testament to fight wars. He didn't tell people to fight with their bare hands and did not tell them to leave their weapons at home. In many places God was specific about how armies should arm themselves as He went before and fought for them. But he expected them to arm themselves.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:27 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsearfoss View Post
I found this on the web site.

There are scores of scriptures that clearly show that God used men with weapons in the Old Testament to fight wars. He didn't tell people to fight with their bare hands and did not tell them to leave their weapons at home. In many places God was specific about how armies should arm themselves as He went before and fought for them. But he expected them to arm themselves.
Yes, very true. God helps those who help themselves.
Jesus also believed in capitol punishment. That's right...in the New Testament.... I'm paraphrasing, Jesus said if anyone harms these children tie a millstone around their neck and cast them into deep waters. If someone has a millstone tied around their neck and is thrown into deep water they will drown.