Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pastor shoots would be robber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I've gone round and round with this guy before. We have closed down many gun threads just going back and forth, he's a lost cause in this department. He truly believes guns are an evil instrument that causes people to do things they normally wouldn't, seriously. He's an anti-gun Australian libtard. I prefer just to harass him.

I cannot be convinced that an inanimate object is somehow evil or that God wants us to be panzies. A Christian can be God-fearing,loving, caring, generous, helpful, etc,, all while being a strong male dominant role model and protector.

Thanks! Here's the link if you're interested.

It'll be locked soon though.

Christian Forums.net - Members only Moderated Christian Forum

Old 09-29-2009, 01:28 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I've gone round and round with this guy before. We have closed down many gun threads just going back and forth, he's a lost cause in this department. He truly believes guns are an evil instrument that causes people to do things they normally wouldn't, seriously. He's an anti-gun Australian libtard. I prefer just to harass him.

I cannot be convinced that an inanimate object is somehow evil or that God wants us to be panzies. A Christian can be God-fearing,loving, caring, generous, helpful, etc,, all while being a strong male dominant role model and protector.

Thanks! Here's the link if you're interested.

It'll be locked soon though.

Christian Forums.net - Members only Moderated Christian Forum
I agree 100%, God blessed me with the funds to purchase my firearms. He gave me the understanding to use them and defend myself. God is good. I will follow him always.

PS. My wife LOVES my male dominant role where I defend her....funny how God plans things.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-29-2009, 01:41 AM   #13

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25442

Simple as that.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:49 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
No, that is by no means simple. First of all, most of the quotes are old testament scriptures. You cannot apply the old-testament laws since Jesus. The New testament quotes are controversial to say the least. We could go into lengthy scripture as to why I believe the way I do, but this is not the place for it.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:00 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
No, that is by no means simple. First of all, most of the quotes are old testament scriptures. You cannot apply the old-testament laws since Jesus. The New testament quotes are controversial to say the least. We could go into lengthy scripture as to why I believe the way I do, but this is not the place for it.
Be careful about sweeping statements like that. Qualification, you cannot apply that web-links "scriptural" application of OT verses...

10 commandments still good, commandment to love God still good, commandments to love my neighbor, and defend widows, orphans, the innocent, and my family still good. You just have to be careful about OT commands and how they apply today. Jesus came to uphold and fulfill the law, not abolish it. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, and Romans teaches that gov't exists to deliver justice to evildoers. I think gun-wielding Christian citizens fit somewhere in between the two...

Old 09-29-2009, 05:33 AM   #16

Under that argument presented by the christian individual cited, the police and military are also evil. None of them could possibly spread the law or defend the weak through the use of deadly force.

As far as old testament/new testament arguments, my father is a Baptist Semanarian(trained theologian), and he says we are not released from the old testament requirements, though they might seem contradictory to man. Only Jesus was able to fulfill the law. And Jesus was not a Christian, he was a Jew. He followed the old testament teachings and celebrated the Judaic faith. Anybody here ever hear of Sodom and Gomorrha? The Great Flood of Noah? Or Joshua and the Israelites slaying man, woman, children and beasts in Canaan?

All at the order of God. The Church is credited with sustaining civilization through the Dark Ages after the fall of Rome. This was done through using untold amounts of military force.

This person is arguing that to establish order and law from violence and chaos is evil.

Not even logical.

Having said all of that, I'm not a Jesus freak and I don't attend church. I was raised in a household that was, though, and we learned the use of guns early and often. My father was also a Ranger in the Korean war and one of the men of the original 7th Special Forces Group.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:47 AM   #17
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

WWJD?
If the guy is just running away with the money from the offering, might let him run.
If he was threat to me or others I might put him down.

The pastors account was as vague as it should be. Pretty hard to have an opinion based on the information. Detriot area has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation and 7 mile was a tough area way before the ecnomomy went to hell.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedsasquatch View Post
Be careful about sweeping statements like that. Qualification, you cannot apply that web-links "scriptural" application of OT verses...

10 commandments still good, commandment to love God still good, commandments to love my neighbor, and defend widows, orphans, the innocent, and my family still good. You just have to be careful about OT commands and how they apply today. Jesus came to uphold and fulfill the law, not abolish it. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, and Romans teaches that gov't exists to deliver justice to evildoers. I think gun-wielding Christian citizens fit somewhere in between the two...
Ya know, you're absolutely right. I didn't mean to throw the whole OT out the window like that.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #19

I stopped being a Christian long ago when I got confronted with liberal christian crap like this.

I believe in God...but I'm no christian.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
I stopped being a Christian long ago when I got confronted with liberal christian crap like this.

I believe in God...but I'm no christian.
Other people are no reason to stop being a christian. We are called to put our faith in Jesus, not man. That's where we fail epically everytime.

Oh, where were we?