Pastor shoots would be robber
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pastor shoots would be robber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Pastor shoots would be robber

Pastor shoots would-be robber at church | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Quote:
Detroit -- A pistol-packing pastor shot and critically wounded a would-be thief Sunday after the suspect broke into his church.

The incident happened when the suspect rode his bicycle to the Westside Bible Church at Seven Mile and Winston. The pastor, retired Detroit Police lieutenant Lawrence Adams, was called to his church after being alerted by the burglar alarm company.

"I observed him coming out of the door," said Adams, a 25-year police veteran. "There was an altercation, and I ended up shooting him in the process."

The suspect was held until police arrived on the scene.

"Everything's fine now," Adams said.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #2

Good for the Pastor!!!
These thugs have to realize there's consequences for their actions.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It sounds like the Pastor gave him a glimpse of Purgatory.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-28-2009, 11:45 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Unbelievably, I'm having to defend the pastor from other "christians" on his actions at a christian site.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Anyone else think of "Dead Alive"?

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 09-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

This is the kind of moronic crap I deal with from some christians.

Sheeeeeeeeshhh......

Quote:
Even above the direct evil that guns inflict - American society is soaked in the blood that its odd and unique fascination with the gun has engendered - there are deeply damaging symbolic effects associated with guns as well.

A gun is a powerful symbol, even if never used. It says to the world "I have bought into a system of power based on the projection of force, and that might is the ultimate arbiter". And that is hardly a stance that can be reconciled with Jesus' teaching. The gun is anti-creation, anti-life. It represents collusion and collaboration with death, even if only by implication. When you embrace a gun, you participate in the instrumentalities that destroy and eradicate life. I suggest that every death of a human being, and perhaps animals as well, is a slap in the face of our God.

The problem is that when you buy a gun, even with seemingly good defensive intent, you are, whether you realize it or not, buying into a value system that says "I will kill you if you do certain things to me, or maybe even just my property". I really do understand that well-intentioned people get guns simply to defend themselves. The problem is not so much that the gun might be used to kill needlessly or somehow get used by a criminal, it is the far more subtle, yet just as pernicious, implicit message this sends to the world - that I, the gun owner am participating in a certain "way of being" in the world the legitimates the use of violent destructive force to achieve goals.

And this, I suggest, is strongly anti-gospel.

Drew

Old 09-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #7

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
This is the kind of moronic crap I deal with from some christians.

Sheeeeeeeeshhh......
A wise person once told me that you can't argue with stupid so you might as well save yourself the headache. Geez, what do you think would happen if they were dropped in the woods somewhere and had to survive for a few days?

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 09-29-2009, 12:12 AM   #8

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

WOW there is so much double speek and drivle in that post it is hard to cipher out.

The only thing I get out of it is "I am a dam sissy that would rather let a man have his way with my wife, daughter, and son because I don't have the BALLS enough to tell him NO and blow his effing brains out". I think we need to start fighting for mates. That would be a quick way to weed out the week and sissy. It works for deer, elk, pigs, ect.....

I would never shoot some one over stuff (radio tv computer what ever) stuff can be replaced My kids and wife can not. There is no reason to shoot anyone over stuff. But you come in my house at night and boy Your going to be on the wrong end of a 45acp and a 12 ga. Wife might even jump in with a baseball bat to your nuts.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:54 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Drew, if what you wrote is what your church teaches, I'm sure I would not belong there. You believe what you think is the correct teaching of the bible and I will do the same although our beliefs are not the same.

America: Love it and protect it or leave it!
In God I Trust
I Support Arizona

Old 09-29-2009, 01:07 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Unbelievably, I'm having to defend the pastor from other "christians" on his actions at a christian site.
Goju, I would like to respond with a response I never once thought of in my life but it was presented to me by my father. He presented, doesn't necessarily belive it, the idea that defending another person is an act of God but in the event of defending your personal self, you should not. Our God is a God a love and peace so by defending my wife, neighbor, sister, a kid I don't know, I'm showing love. I am not showing love by attacking a person who attacks me. Under this line of thinking I should allow that person to inflict their attack without much reaction.

I personally do not agree with this idea due to Biblical ideas such as found in Luke 22(maybe 23, I'm shooting from the hip here). I believe God has given man the right and ability to defend himself. I just wanted to throw that out there as a reason why you may be getting flack from Christians. I would encourage you to be strong and offer Biblical support for your ideals. If you need help, PM me with the forum.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer