Parts have Arrived!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Parts have Arrived!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Parts have Arrived!

So, only a few days ago I ordered the extractor extension, extractor spring and cylinder catch for my sportsman from Numrich and yesterday they arrived. I will be installing these replacement parts this afternoon and I'll let you all know how they fit.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2008, 01:40 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Well, the spring works. The extractor end must have been tapped for a newer model as it doesn't match with the threads on the old extractor. It doesn't matter, though, as upon further inspection of the extractor, I learned that it was bent not once, but twice in opposite directions. I'll have to buy the cylinder to get the extractor and they only come in blued steel and my pistol is in stainless so it will look like a total mutt gun. Can SS be blued?

Old 03-15-2008, 02:05 AM   #3

Well, mabey you will have a one of a kind like my SS Mini-14 with a blue scope.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Maybe I'll just scuff it all down and blow a white paint job on it and finish it with some black zebra stripes like Nugents old Bronco! I've never seen a zebra striped revolver before.

Last edited by fapprez; 03-15-2008 at 06:59 PM.